Eleanor Neale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another two parter.

Why? It's 33 mins and 5 mins of that is her sponsor. :rolleyes:
I'm getting more and more annoyed with her.

Reactions: 7
Can anyone recommend any other uk crime YouTubers please ? I only really know of Eleanor and Georgia Marie who I do like but she does a lot of overseas cases and history videos .I like Eleanor because she does a lot of uk crimes ,1 of which happened in my home town and I didn’t even know about .However like others have said the two parters are annoying and she’s not the most factual either

Reactions: 3
Can anyone recommend any other uk crime YouTubers please ? I only really know of Eleanor and Georgia Marie who I do like but she does a lot of overseas cases and history videos .I like Eleanor because she does a lot of uk crimes ,1 of which happened in my home town and I didn’t even know about .However like others have said the two parters are annoying and she’s not the most factual either
Joshua Miles does a lot of UK cases :)

Reactions: 5
Mollie Westbrook is great very similar to Eleanor however she is very professional and respectful

Reactions: 12
like i mentioned before some of her old videos are over an hour. and she’s just done a 2 part where each video is 30 MINS. there is literally no reason to do that ?!?! wtf is up with that behaviour. so blatantly money grabbing and lazy i can’t even comprehend

she acts like she’s doing it because the subscribers want shorter videos ? bs!

1. why would anyone want a shorter video? if you can’t watch the whole thing in one go then just pause it and come back later ?!?!!!
2. why would anyone rather have to wait longer to hear the end of a case ?!?!?
3. if you can’t hear the whole thing in one go then at least if it’s in one video you can go back to it whenever you want and don’t have to wait ages for the next part
4. potentially wanting shorter videos makes sense as in shorter CASES. i can see why some people only like to listen to shorter cases eg attention span. but that’s not the case in 2 part videos because it’s still the same case length!

30 mins for a part one you have to be kidding me ...

Reactions: 15
I've watched Eleanor since 2018 - so fairly early on with her channel - but I can't even bring myself to watch her videos anymore. I now feel she's more about saying that she's into true crime because it's the "popular" thing to be into at the minute. I know that she started doing her videos before the true crime genre become more and more accessible and popular - but as others have said, there are others who educate themselves about the topic they're covering and explain it in a way that is sensitive to the families involved. Georgia Marie is probably one of the very few people I watch now because she's adapted her channel to include further subjects. I know that the true crime community on Youtube has found it difficult to be monetized but I know a majority of them have mentioned it once in a while and then don't mention it for a while.

EDIT: I meant to say that I feel Eleanor does mention it a lot in comparison to others

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
I actually used to love Eleanor and still watch her videos now (I’m that weirdo who always watches true crime before bed 😂). On YouTube she doesn’t annoy me - the sponsorships are a bit much but I just fast forward that bit. However her Instagram is a different story - it’s the fake accent, constantly effort to be different, hand movements and I hate to say this (cos I’m not skinny!) but she hides her body. After seeing that foot asylum thing I was so surprised - she’s deffo at least a size 20 - nothing wrong with that but I feel like she could be doing more to say “hey I’m successful and plus size!” instead she seems to have a weird shame about it and hides it at all cost? I know it might be an insecurity but she’s so popular and feel like it’s sad that she puts so much effort into hiding her body.

Reactions: 8
I actually used to love Eleanor and still watch her videos now (I’m that weirdo who always watches true crime before bed 😂). On YouTube she doesn’t annoy me - the sponsorships are a bit much but I just fast forward that bit. However her Instagram is a different story - it’s the fake accent, constantly effort to be different, hand movements and I hate to say this (cos I’m not skinny!) but she hides her body. After seeing that foot asylum thing I was so surprised - she’s deffo at least a size 20 - nothing wrong with that but I feel like she could be doing more to say “hey I’m successful and plus size!” instead she seems to have a weird shame about it and hides it at all cost? I know it might be an insecurity but she’s so popular and feel like it’s sad that she puts so much effort into hiding her body.
Same I’d never seen her from below the frame she sits in in her videos and I was so shocked to see her in the foot asylum thing. Not shocked in a bad or rude way but just because I’d never seen her properly and I think you’re 100% right, if she was more open about it it would be great for her and her brand

Reactions: 3
i am actually so annoyed that her 2 part the other day, the eyeball one, was 30 MINS LONG. 30 mins !!?!?!? you are actually having a laugh!!! is she not embarrassed to put out lazy short 2 part content like that?

and as if she couldn’t make it worse, she then tries to blatantly blame her subscribers for it ?!?!?! she says “stop asking for long cases” eleanor an hour is not long. most true crime youtubers that actually out time and effort into their content and aren’t lazy do 1 hour videos regularly as one video. and stop blaming your subscribers and using them as an excuse. not to mention as if anyone would actually want a video in 2 parts?

you could tell she felt embarrassed to say it was a 2 part and then immediately jumps to blaming her subscribers for it. how about you stop being such a lazy sod and do your job properly and just make it one video like you used to? wtf is getting into her

Reactions: 6
So 40 minutes of Ana doing random tit isn’t too long but that’s too long for a true crime video. Ok Eleanor you money grabber. I’m officially un-subbing.

Reactions: 1
I'd have 0 clue that the eyeball and her newest video titled 'the schoolboy serial killer are connected.. can we not just call it eyeball murder part 1+2. PLEASE.

Reactions: 14
I'd have 0 clue that the eyeball and her newest video titled 'the schoolboy serial killer are connected.. can we not just call it eyeball murder part 1+2. PLEASE.
I think she adjusts her titles to get viewers in without necessarily realising people may not make the connection. Just because she knows - doesn’t mean everyone else will. She needs to make it clearer

Reactions: 6
I find the difference in her voice on YouTube to on instastories absolutely mental. She just seems so try hard on Insta, like the “I’m not a regular girl” vibe makes it so difficult to like her

I think she adjusts her titles to get viewers in without necessarily realising people may not make the connection. Just because she knows - doesn’t mean everyone else will. She needs to make it clearer
I don’t get this logic though because I’ve clicked on the second parts before and almost immediately clicked off when she says it’s part 2. It doesn’t make me watch part 1 then back to 2. I just can’t stand how deceptive she is over these two parters!

Reactions: 9
I don’t get this logic though because I’ve clicked on the second parts before and almost immediately clicked off when she says it’s part 2. It doesn’t make me watch part 1 then back to 2. I just can’t stand how deceptive she is over these two parters!
To be honest it was just a guess - any other person would make it clear. It would be much easier for subscribers and viewers if she made it clear - as some people will probably have it on in the background or listen to it while doing something else.

I don’t understand the need for the two part videos unless the cases discussed have so much detail and information. If I still watched, I would rather watch longer videos as it means I wouldn’t have to go through countless other videos to find the one I would actually want to watch.

Reactions: 4
I suspect she doesn't make it obvious that it's a two parter because it looks lazy and night turn some people off i.e me.

It wasn't even the sponsorships that did it, I stopped watching once I realised every video was multi parts. Also probably doesn't look good to new subscribers. Makes it obvious she has half the content she appears to.

But she doesn't realise that for those who don't mind it, it's not viewer friendly. But as long as the money rolls in I doubt she cares.

I can’t really watch Eleanor’s videos anymore. I feel as though they are just for views and the clout and less about caring about the actual crimes. I’m not saying that she doesn’t care but I feel like other youtubers like Kendall Rae and Georgia Marie are a bit more respectful in how they present each case instead of doing a Gymshark sponsorship at the beginning of a video about a girl murdered on her walk :/

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.