Eleanor Neale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Another video, another sponsor, same thing really.
Not a lot of information on her latest one, which it's whatever if it's all she can find but I prefer cases that are more in depth. I don't mind her way of telling the stories, although the 2-3 parters are a bit annoying. I just think she could make things more interesting at this point.. idk. I've just discovered more people who tell true crime stories and I'm enjoying the way they do it.

Reactions: 1
I feel like every second sentence out of her mouth is "...if that makes sense??" she seems so unsure and unresearched when you compare her to people like Georgia Marie. Also she's started a second channel so she can do all the other things she wants to do and doesn't have to solely commit to True Crime, so it's obvious she isn't actually invested in helping victims or making change like other youtubers are who work with victim's families and raise money and awareness.
Yeah but Kendall Rae is without a doubt the biggest true crime creator, I even think she is the og true crime content creator on yt. However she has raised a ton of money for charities (most specifically combating sex trafficking), she really puts a lot of time and effort into raising funds and has worked directly with the victims families numerous times. Does that mean her efforts and passion is disingenuous because she has a second channel and 2 podcasts on the side? I agree that Eleanor needs to work harder especially when her content should be handled with the utmost care and organisation... however she isn't spending every minute of her life on researching and filming true crime. For sure she must have time for a second channel. I think thats even necessary for her mental health, I find listening to too much true crime very draining, I can't imagine researching and taking notes and then relaying all the info back. And as a full time job at that. At the end of the day she is a content creator, of course she has other interests outside of time crime. I didn't even realize until I saw Eleanor say but some people pay for researchers to even help them with their info for cases?! I was shocked but it makes sense especially for people on a bigger platform who want to cover a lot of cases regularly. I'm just happy that the victims names are getting out there, especially with the unsolved cases.

In her most recent video (which once again she has done 2 parts to make more ££££) she says 'you will want to watch the second one because thats where the gory stuff is' or something along those lines. I had to turn off at this point because that is an incredibly disrespectful way to describe real life people being brutally murdered. Comments like that make it seem as though true crime is for entertainment rather than anything else and dramatises real people. I was so shocked she said it and kept it in.
omg, I actually put my head in my hands reading this. wtf!

I always thought she read straight off news articles... but she’s pretty much watched the documentary of the murder in derby and copied it adding her own little extra words in. I don’t want to out myself (I like being anon on here but also to respect the persons privacy) but I know someone involved in that case and that documentary and they’re fuming after watching eleanors video because she’s added little bits in (irrelevant to some, but they bother the person involved as it involves them)
I'm so sorry to the person you know. shes just rubbing salt in the wounds . he/she should try contact her and let her know the impact shes had

Reactions: 5
I agree that Eleanor needs to work harder especially when her content should be handled with the utmost care and organisation... however she isn't spending every minute of her life on researching and filming true crime. For sure she must have time for a second channel. I think thats even necessary for her mental health, I find listening to too much true crime very draining, I can't imagine researching and taking notes and then relaying all the info back. And as a full time job at that. At the end of the day she is a content creator, of course she has other interests outside of time crime.
This might be an unpopular opinion - I apologise if so. I think that if Eleanor is struggling with dealing with the stress of researching true-crime, then maybe making true-crime related content isn’t for her. Plenty of other YouTubers upload true-crime content that is better researched (some are smaller channels so will be doing their own research for sure) and upload regularly. Or, even if she did hire someone to research for her, because then at least the information has a higher chance of being accurate and not just from Wikipedia / first few news articles that have come up in google, and it would be less taxing on her if she struggles with it emotionally.

As someone who researches true-crime just because I’m interested, yes it can impact your mental health, but if I was doing YouTube and speaking about true-crime cases, a large part of that would be mitigated by knowing that I am potentially helping the case by spreading information to an audience that may have been unaware of the case or case details. Basically what I’m trying to say is that if you have a passion for something, it shines through and you will do everything possible to do that thing. She seemed to enjoy it at the start but it seems like (IMO) that once she started making money, she realised she could do other things and still make a decent amount of money while uploading a true-crime video here and there. It seems less genuine.

Also, if she is making videos on solved cases, the least she could do is make sure the information is correct and accurate and make it a respectful video. The case is solved, it’s not like a wide range of people will see it and then possibly submit tips? Some families may want their family member’s story publicised, but many will not. I’m not saying solved cases are inherently bad, I just think they need to be done right.

This is all just my two cents, sorry for the ramble!!

This might be an unpopular opinion - I apologise if so. I think that if Eleanor is struggling with dealing with the stress of researching true-crime, then maybe making true-crime related content isn’t for her. Plenty of other YouTubers upload true-crime content that is better researched (some are smaller channels so will be doing their own research for sure) and upload regularly. Or, even if she did hire someone to research for her, because then at least the information has a higher chance of being accurate and not just from Wikipedia / first few news articles that have come up in google, and it would be less taxing on her if she struggles with it emotionally.

As someone who researches true-crime just because I’m interested, yes it can impact your mental health, but if I was doing YouTube and speaking about true-crime cases, a large part of that would be mitigated by knowing that I am potentially helping the case by spreading information to an audience that may have been unaware of the case or case details. Basically what I’m trying to say is that if you have a passion for something, it shines through and you will do everything possible to do that thing. She seemed to enjoy it at the start but it seems like (IMO) that once she started making money, she realised she could do other things and still make a decent amount of money while uploading a true-crime video here and there. It seems less genuine.
I get the feeling she doesn't want to do true crime content anymore as well, but she doesn't want to lose a chunk of her audience. Honestly if she really wants to she should try uploading something a bit different, test the waters a bit and if it doesn't work out she still has true crime to fall back on anyway.

It definitely does seem less genuine. I enjoy true crime but also find it draining if I consume too much, it is quite dark.

Reactions: 2

Also, if she is making videos on solved cases, the least she could do is make sure the information is correct and accurate and make it a respectful video. The case is solved, it’s not like a wide range of people will see it and then possibly submit tips? Some families may want their family member’s story publicised, but many will not. I’m not saying solved cases are inherently bad, I just think they need to be done right.

This is all just my two cents, sorry for the ramble!!
Definitely not an unpopular opinion! I agree even if it didn't come off like it! (only personally I do believe you can get burnt out by even your dream career or your hobbies. Sometimes you need to step back and unwind)
But everything else - YES. I do think that the money and fans has gone to her head ever so slightly. It's especially noticeable on her twitter, I feel like she wants the youtubers from London to notice her. Possibly thats why she began her second channel.. she wants to work with the likes of the sidemen or becky bambino. Such a shame that she lets it affect her true crime work which needs to be treated with respect!

As you are the only peeps I know who also love true crime, does anyone know who Stephanie is talking about at the beginning of this video? Would LOVE to know which true crime channel just stirred the tit with a disrespectful video.

Reactions: 2
As you are the only peeps I know who also love true crime, does anyone know who Stephanie is talking about at the beginning of this video? Would LOVE to know which true crime channel just stirred the tit with a disrespectful video.

Me too!! I want to know x

Another 2 parter ffs.
I must admit I’ve gone off watching true crime videos recently. I think one of the main reasons would be I’d watch the first part but by the time the second one came out I wasn’t that bothered. The other week she uploaded one and said it was the first part so I clicked off to wait until all the parts were up and forgot about it. I don’t see why she can’t just upload a really long video, or both parts at the same time. All she does is film herself reading out all the information she’s found, so why doesn’t she just do it all at once. Unless it’s so she can have more videos and do more brand deals, of course.

Reactions: 7
I must admit I’ve gone off watching true crime videos recently. I think one of the main reasons would be I’d watch the first part but by the time the second one came out I wasn’t that bothered. The other week she uploaded one and said it was the first part so I clicked off to wait until all the parts were up and forgot about it. I don’t see why she can’t just upload a really long video, or both parts at the same time. All she does is film herself reading out all the information she’s found, so why doesn’t she just do it all at once. Unless it’s so she can have more videos and do more brand deals, of course.
This is definitely what it is. ALL her videos are sponsored, splitting it into two means more money.
I feel the same about two parters, by the time the second one is out I've forgotten the first part. 😅

she's greedy, that's all there is to it. I don't for a second believe she cares about these victims as much as other people do. I'd recommend checking out Joshua Miles. He's great and actually cares and raises money for victims.

Reactions: 9
she's greedy, that's all there is to it. I don't for a second believe she cares about these victims as much as other people do. I'd recommend checking out Joshua Miles. He's great and actually cares and raises money for victims.
I used to think Joshua was using true crime as a come up, his storytelling was poor and he sensationalised cases. But well done to him for this. People say what they like about true crime content creators but this is the least they can do if they profit off of people's tragedy.

Eleanor isn't doing a service to the families or her viewers, just herself.

Reactions: 4
I used to think Joshua was using true crime as a come up, his storytelling was poor and he sensationalised cases. But well done to him for this. People say what they like about true crime content creators but this is the least they can do if they profit off of people's tragedy.

Eleanor isn't doing a service to the families or her viewers, just herself.
Couldn't have put it better myself.

And tbh it's not even that I dislike her videos. I still do watch them as I'm interested in the actual cases but since I've found other true crime creators who actually care about the victims it's very clear to see she doesn't. It's so disappointing for me as for a long time she was the only true crime channel I watched and really enjoyed.

She just became more and more greedy. Greed isn't a good look, especially when covering such sensitive topics.

she used to make one part videos over an hour long. her most recent case is a two parter that are both 40 mins. did she really need to make that into 2 parts? all for the ££££

i think it’s a money motive as people on here have mentioned, but i think it is also so that she doesn’t have to upload as much. if it was condensed into one video then she would need to post a whole other video sooner, lazyyyy

Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.