Eleanor Neale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This came out all over Twitter about Vee, Eleanor didn’t find them. I fully support Eleanor not associating herself with Vee (who was in her 20s when posting the vile tweets). I don’t love Eleanor’s true crime videos anymore, I find them very boring and not engaging but this I do agree with her!
I totally missed it on twitter! That was the way it came across in the video and comments so thank you for clarifying.
I totally agree, I'd not want to associate myself with someone like this either and I'm not even LGBT. I just think people like that have their own issues.

Reactions: 2
I feel like every second sentence out of her mouth is "...if that makes sense??" she seems so unsure and unresearched when you compare her to people like Georgia Marie. Also she's started a second channel so she can do all the other things she wants to do and doesn't have to solely commit to True Crime, so it's obvious she isn't actually invested in helping victims or making change like other youtubers are who work with victim's families and raise money and awareness.

Reactions: 8
I feel like every second sentence out of her mouth is "...if that makes sense??" she seems so unsure and unresearched when you compare her to people like Georgia Marie. Also she's started a second channel so she can do all the other things she wants to do and doesn't have to solely commit to True Crime, so it's obvious she isn't actually invested in helping victims or making change like other youtubers are who work with victim's families and raise money and awareness.

She's gone back and forth with her true crime content from the beginning.

I think I found her because she did a makeup collection video or something and that's what I binged at the time. She was a makeup channel. I can't remember if she already had a true crime video uploaded when I found her or if it came soon after but I watched those too and as soon as her sub count grew she tried going back to makeup but the views were low compared to the 200ishk she got for true crime.

Then when she got closer to a million subs she tried doing commentary on other gurus and j*star makeup reviews but that didn't take off on her main, so she made a second channel for it which I suppose still didn't take off.

Basically she's been trying to dip out of true crime for a while, she's only stuck to it this long because it got her where she is now.

Reactions: 2
Really can’t understand how you’ve made the association that her making a second channel means she isn’t interested in helping victims, there is no correlation there whatsoever 🤣

I like that Kendall Rae supports Thorn charity though, I hope Eleanor finds a UK based charity to support

plenty of youtubers who focus on one specific genre or topic have second channels because they want to keep their main channel focused on that genre

Reactions: 4
In her most recent video (which once again she has done 2 parts to make more ££££) she says 'you will want to watch the second one because thats where the gory stuff is' or something along those lines. I had to turn off at this point because that is an incredibly disrespectful way to describe real life people being brutally murdered. Comments like that make it seem as though true crime is for entertainment rather than anything else and dramatises real people. I was so shocked she said it and kept it in.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 26
In her most recent video (which once again she has done 2 parts to make more ££££) she says 'you will want to watch the second one because thats where the gory stuff is' or something along those lines. I had to turn off at this point because that is an incredibly disrespectful way to describe real life people being brutally murdered. Comments like that make it seem as though true crime is for entertainment rather than anything else and dramatises real people. I was so shocked she said it and kept it in.
I agree! Like idk about other viewers but I'm not there for the 'gory stuff'.

Comments like that are unprofessional (as this is her job) and in very poor taste. Does she forget these are real people and it's not fictional?
It's just very off-putting to me.

Reactions: 12
I always thought she read straight off news articles... but she’s pretty much watched the documentary of the murder in derby and copied it adding her own little extra words in. I don’t want to out myself (I like being anon on here but also to respect the persons privacy) but I know someone involved in that case and that documentary and they’re fuming after watching eleanors video because she’s added little bits in (irrelevant to some, but they bother the person involved as it involves them)

• Wow
Reactions: 8
I always thought she read straight off news articles... but she’s pretty much watched the documentary of the murder in derby and copied it adding her own little extra words in. I don’t want to out myself (I like being anon on here but also to respect the persons privacy) but I know someone involved in that case and that documentary and they’re fuming after watching eleanors video because she’s added little bits in (irrelevant to some, but they bother the person involved as it involves them)
I thought she pieced her stories together through wikipedia, articles and maybe the odd part of a documentary but not the whole thing! That's extremely troublesome. I can imagine they're very angry and upset, god knows I think anyone would be.

The thing is the true crime videos are great if they're told in a way to raise awareness, tell the stories of those who can't and are done in an informative but sensitive way. Eleanor seems to not care too much. Sponsor > story with giggling & mistakes > no charity or other information at the end anymore. I feel she no longer cares who she effects with these videos.

Reactions: 12
It's getting ridiculous. Surely her followers must be saying something. Or do they pretend to love being left in suspense?

Because I know not everyone consumes this kind of content in the same way, we don't all like treating it like some cliffhanger or spending up to 2 hours listening to her repeat what she read on Wikipedia.

Multi parters only work if they go into depth or offer something new.

I mean, good on her for having enough sponsorships come in that she can even do this but surely there's a more viewer friendly way of incorporating them into her content, because if that were the case I wouldn't mind at all.

Reactions: 7
It's getting ridiculous. Surely her followers must be saying something. Or do they pretend to love being left in suspense?

Because I know not everyone consumes this kind of content in the same way, we don't all like treating it like some cliffhanger or spending up to 2 hours listening to her repeat what she read on Wikipedia.

Multi parters only work if they go into depth or offer something new.

I mean, good on her for having enough sponsorships come in that she can even do this but surely there's a more viewer friendly way of incorporating them into her content, because if that were the case I wouldn't mind at all.
Or upload both parts on the same day if you must. Danielle (her surname escapes me) uploaded a 2 parter the other at the same time - I believe it was easier to do that way than one long video (also frankly she’s much better at presenting cases and doesn’t just read Wikipedia). I wouldn’t mind that but Eleanor just reads wiki and uploads two parts to get more spon / money.

Reactions: 6
Or upload both parts on the same day if you must. Danielle (her surname escapes me) uploaded a 2 parter the other at the same time - I believe it was easier to do that way than one long video (also frankly she’s much better at presenting cases and doesn’t just read Wikipedia). I wouldn’t mind that but Eleanor just reads wiki and uploads two parts to get more spon / money.
That's all it is, money. :rolleyes: Which I get YT is a job but the video was like 30 minutes long. Not really that long and she's uploaded videos over an hour before.

Reactions: 5
I was gonna suggest that with Danelle Hallen in mind but it's probably part of Eleanor's contract not to have 2 sponsors so close together or to upload them on a certain day.

If that's the case, the way around it would be to tell 2 different stories but that'd be too much like hard work it seems...

Reactions: 3
Which case was it?

'Personality disorders aren't mental illnesses, they can't be treated'.

Is she joking?! I know she's addressed it in a pinned comment but come on. As someone with BPD who lives a totally normal life (after a lot of hard work) they 100% can be treated. Even ones like NPD can be treated, the person just needs to be willing to seek treatment.

Personality disorders are a group of mental illnesses.

She does 0 research and just spreads more harmful stigma regarding mental health. Despite claiming to be a mental health advocate in the past!! :mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 19
The video about the Derby murder was the worst click bait title . The Chinese take away was completely irrelevant.

Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.