Eleanor Neale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’ve stopped watching Eleanor’s videos. Just lost interest in her new longer ones.

I love Mollie Westbrook. She’s a lovely person and you get the feeling her subs are important to her.

One thing that does bug me though is her background. I wish she’d make it a bit more simple and have either the glitter or lava lamp, as I find it distracts me from listening

Reactions: 7
I’ve stopped watching Eleanor’s videos. Just lost interest in her new longer ones.
Same!
At the start of lockdown I was always checking if she had uploaded a video.
I didn’t watch part 3 of that landlady one and didn’t even bother clicking her recents.

Reactions: 3

I love Mollie Westbrook. She’s a lovely person and you get the feeling her subs are important to her.

One thing that does bug me though is her background. I wish she’d make it a bit more simple and have either the glitter or lava lamp, as I find it distracts me from listening
Yeah, I was still sticking around to watch her vids but I'm not keen on the 2 or 3 part videos. It's clearly a way to get paid more. I guess some people might prefer the multi part ones but I definitely prefer one long ass video.

Mollie's background doesn't bug me but I get it because there's a true crime YouTuber stumbled across who could NOT keep "eye contact" with the camera and it was so distracting to me I couldn't get through 5 minutes of one of her videos lol.

Reactions: 2
I may be looking into this too much but.. does anybody remember when BLM protests began and at the start of her video that she posted throughout the protests she promised to cover more POC cases? Well its been a while now, she's only done 3 cases which have POC included and in all 3, the POC is the murderer. To me, it seems as though she isn't covering cases that don't have justice purely because of racism, which for example Bailey Sarian did do with Tulsa Race Massacre and the case of Rocky Myers.

Eleanor has such a huge platform out of most strictly true crime youtubers, yet she hasn't really done anything at all to educate about racism and injustice within the 'justice' system. It's never too late because injustice is very much still happening everyday, I'm just wondering when she'll upload a video that she isn't wearing her tacky merch in, and educates her audience properly, and to give money to a BLM charity instead of towards her merch.

Reactions: 22
I may be looking into this too much but.. does anybody remember when BLM protests began and at the start of her video that she posted throughout the protests she promised to cover more POC cases? Well its been a while now, she's only done 3 cases which have POC included and in all 3, the POC is the murderer. To me, it seems as though she isn't covering cases that don't have justice purely because of racism, which for example Bailey Sarian did do with Tulsa Race Massacre and the case of Rocky Myers.

Eleanor has such a huge platform out of most strictly true crime youtubers, yet she hasn't really done anything at all to educate about racism and injustice within the 'justice' system. It's never too late because injustice is very much still happening everyday, I'm just wondering when she'll upload a video that she isn't wearing her tacky merch in, and educates her audience properly, and to give money to a BLM charity instead of towards her merch.
I've been thinking the exact same. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt and say maybe she wanted to do it naturally rather than suddenly do an influx of cases involving poc but 3 months later... And the lack of this effort is more obvious with her recent frequent uploads.
Also I didn't realise most of the murderers had been poc. Interesting. It doesn't even have to be a case on racial injustice, something bringing attention to non white victims would be enough. Then again, it might be redundant seeing as she mostly does solved cases these days.
I'm not a channel member so it's maybe why I was ignored but twice I've asked her to cover the case of Joy Morgan. The first time I asked, Eleanor's channel wasn't as popular as it is now so my comment could have been noticed. Even now the video I commented under only has 240k views. It happened around the same time as Libby Squire's disappearance and was equally in need of information. Around the time, a few people noticed the clear difference in the reporting of 2 girls roughly the same age going missing around the same time... But the black girl got very little media coverage in comparison.
Her channel has really lost its spark for me.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
I've been thinking the exact same. I wanted to give her the benefit of the doubt and say maybe she wanted to do it naturally rather than suddenly do an influx of cases involving poc but 3 months later... And the lack of this effort is more obvious with her recent frequent uploads.
Also I didn't realise most of the murderers had been poc. Interesting. It doesn't even have to be a case on racial injustice, something bringing attention to non white victims would be enough. Then again, it might be redundant seeing as she mostly does solved cases these days.
I'm not a channel member so it's maybe why I was ignored but twice I've asked her to cover the case of Joy Morgan. The first time I asked, Eleanor's channel wasn't as popular as it is now so my comment could have been noticed. Even now the video I commented under only has 240k views. It happened around the same time as Libby Squire's disappearance and was equally in need of information. Around the time, a few people noticed the clear difference in the reporting of 2 girls roughly the same age going missing around the same time... But the black girl got very little media coverage in comparison.
Her channel has really lost its spark for me.
Completely agree. She's always said that she doesn't like to do unsolved cases because of the 'cliffhanger', she doesn't like to leave it on that note. But just doing videos about missing POC, could bring so much awareness because POC naturally have less media coverage anyway.

It's so disgusting how she wont take suggestions from her comments (which I think she barely reads anyway, I have never seen her interact with any of her comments!) because you aren't paying her. I don't think I have ever heard her say "this one was requested by my channel members" like Mollie Westbrook does with her Patreon members.

I think Eleanor sees true crime as literally just entertainment, not awareness, not education, just something you can watch with popcorn and can't wait for the plot twists! I also notice she never puts her own opinion in her videos, doesn't even say "this is so heartbreaking", it just feels like theres 0 emotion from her towards the victims.

Reactions: 9
Completely agree. She's always said that she doesn't like to do unsolved cases because of the 'cliffhanger', she doesn't like to leave it on that note. But just doing videos about missing POC, could bring so much awareness because POC naturally have less media coverage anyway.

It's so disgusting how she wont take suggestions from her comments (which I think she barely reads anyway, I have never seen her interact with any of her comments!) because you aren't paying her. I don't think I have ever heard her say "this one was requested by my channel members" like Mollie Westbrook does with her Patreon members.

I think Eleanor sees true crime as literally just entertainment, not awareness, not education, just something you can watch with popcorn and can't wait for the plot twists! I also notice she never puts her own opinion in her videos, doesn't even say "this is so heartbreaking", it just feels like theres 0 emotion from her towards the victims.
I agree. In Mollies video in rachel nickell I thought it was great that she said straight away that colin stagg wasnt guilty rather than trying to create suspense.

Eleanor, please dust that moon shelf behind you! You can see the dust thick on it and I can’t keep my eyes off it! The sleeve of your Neale jumper should do the trick 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Georgia Marie had her appendix out and still managed to stay pretty well on schedule as well as posted about why she might not be posting so that her viewers know what's up. Imagine that Eleanor.. Still doing work despite being in pain or sick.. Despite the fact you don't feel like it.. How can that be possible??

Reactions: 11
I’ve tried watching a few of her videos, but I can’t get into them! I don’t know whether it’s the Wikipedia script or the monotonous voice reciting it, but I find myself getting bored quickly and just googling the case instead. Although I must say, I love her makeup.

Reactions: 2
I honestly have no idea how she has so many subscribers yet the likes of Georgia marie and Mollie Westbrook have so few..

Reactions: 8
Has she responded to this or has anything else been said?
I wouldn't at all be surprised if this is true.
as someone who knows both people (Eleanor and the OP) I can confirm this isn’t true and Eleanor was never a bully

I know a lot of people were really shocked to see that posted on Facebook because Eleanor was so quiet in school but the OP was an attention seeker in school and the fact she set it to public so it would get shared around says a lot

we are from a small town and people hate to see others succeeding round here, really cruel tbh but not true at all

• Heart
Reactions: 28
as someone who knows both people (Eleanor and the OP) I can confirm this isn’t true and Eleanor was never a bully

I know a lot of people were really shocked to see that posted on Facebook because Eleanor was so quiet in school but the OP was an attention seeker in school and the fact she set it to public so it would get shared around says a lot

we are from a small town and people hate to see others succeeding round here, really cruel tbh but not true at all
Tbh I can't imagine it being real because from the small amount of videos I've seen of Eleanor's, she does seem like she'd be a quiet person in real life.

But this post has over 50 likes, some of them being love hearts which to me would suggest there's people who saw that and agreed with it. What were the comments like, did anyone call them out?

Reactions: 14
Tbh I can't imagine it being real because from the small amount of videos I've seen of Eleanor's, she does seem like she'd be a quiet person in real life.

But this post has over 50 likes, some of them being love hearts which to me would suggest there's people who saw that and agreed with it. What were the comments like, did anyone call them out?
the likes were probably from people who don’t know Eleanor first hand, like I said she was very quiet at school so a lot of people didn’t know who she was until she got big on YouTube and then found out after that she was at school with them

There weren’t many comments, nobody backed her story up and one person even commented to say Eleanor was always nice to him

Idk I'm not inclined to believe any of it unless I see proof. Bully or not it's all hear say.
I literally went to school with her?

Was in her year group and am telling you as a first hand witness that it isn’t true.

i knew both girls at the time of the alleged bullying, I wasn’t particularly close to either but we all knew each other so I know both their personalities and characteristics

I’m not sure what else you want? I can see that you’ve taken a dislike to her which you’re more than entitled to do but here I am answering your question and because it’s not the answer you wanted youre dismissing it

also its not “hear say” when I was there, knew both girls and I’m telling you straight up that it didn’t happen 🤣

Last edited:
Reactions: 19
All of the likes on the post were from people who also went to school with her and knew what she was like at the time. Also the girl who posted it has all her posts set to public so it wasn’t just that specific post and therefore the point above that her setting it to public ‘says a lot’ is redundant.

As someone who bore the brunt of some of her nastiness in school, I can confirm that she was a bully back then. She was nasty without cause a lot of the time. She may have grown out of it now and just gone though a phase of high school bitchness, but regardless the post didn’t shock me as someone who has also seen that side of her.

Reactions: 6
All of the likes on the post were from people who also went to school with her and knew what she was like at the time. Also the girl who posted it has all her posts set to public so it wasn’t just that specific post and therefore the point above that her setting it to public ‘says a lot’ is redundant.

As someone who bore the brunt of some of her nastiness in school, I can confirm that she was a bully back then. She was nasty without cause a lot of the time. She may have grown out of it now and just gone though a phase of high school bitchness, but regardless the post didn’t shock me as someone who has also seen that side of her.
you’re making it pretty clear who you are B

Strange enough that you’d put it on Facebook and try get it shared around and even worse you’re putting it on a gossip site in the hopes it goes further and reaches your “target audience” because you can’t be happy for someone else

nobody and I repeat nobody else saw her as a bully in our year, I knew you both and I don’t speak to either of you anymore but it’s so clear to everyone that you’re jealous and bitter

Last edited:
Reactions: 21
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.