Eleanor Neale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
THIS!! she did it whilst talking about uni in one and said 'oh i didnt go i dont know' its not hard to research how uni works etc to know the facts its just annoying
It’s definitely annoying and very very lazy on her behalf. Like you said, it isn’t hard to research how uni works, just cus you didn’t go doesn’t mean you can’t educate yourself for a video that you’re going to be making money on.
That’s like us doing a half arsed job at work and expecting nobody to pick up on that but still expect to have a job at the end of it 😂

Reactions: 6
I'm really put off by this merch launch tbh...it would be different if she released t-shirts with a link for a charity for missing people or something that actually raised awareness Like Kendall Rae and helped the families of missing and murdered people and if some of the money went to charity? But as far as I'm aware she's keeping all the profits and all of her merch just has her name on it? Bit egotistical and it makes me feel like she's profiting off murder victims.
I personally don’t think she’s profiting off murder victims, her YouTube has done well, therefore she has “fans” and people who want to buy this stuff, and almost all youtubers have merch. Just because she does a different style of videos to most other Youtubers doesn’t mean she’s profiting off victims

Reactions: 4
I personally don’t think she’s profiting off murder victims, her YouTube has done well, therefore she has “fans” and people who want to buy this stuff, and almost all youtubers have merch. Just because she does a different style of videos to most other Youtubers doesn’t mean she’s profiting off victims
I'm confused as to how you're saying she's not profiting off them when she... Literally is? She has a Patreon and takes crappy sponsors whenever she can. If they don't get demonitized she makes money that way. From what I see this is just what got her channel off the ground after much effort on her part. It's more than a, "different style video" unless the video style you're referring to is, "immature and lazy".

Reactions: 11
Thing is lots of YouTubers are technically profiting from murder cases but it's how you go about it, Kendall Rae for example as above she has merch that helps charities, she does videos to bring awareness to petitions and promotes getting justice for people that might not have been heard about, she also consults with the families a lot or let's them speak on the videos or give their story, Georgia Marie encourages education and causes as do some other YouTubers but with Eleanor it doesn't come across that way

Reactions: 15
Thing is lots of YouTubers are technically profiting from murder cases but it's how you go about it, Kendall Rae for example as above she has merch that helps charities, she does videos to bring awareness to petitions and promotes getting justice for people that might not have been heard about, she also consults with the families a lot or let's them speak on the videos or give their story, Georgia Marie encourages education and causes as do some other YouTubers but with Eleanor it doesn't come across that way
Does she still do the thing at the end of her videos where she talks about a charity that deals with issues raised in the case? I don't always watch to the very end but I don't remember hearing a segue into one like I used to. Pretty bad if she has time for a 3 minute sponsorship at the start but has done away with promoting the charities.

Reactions: 4
I finally watched her Margo Prade video. I love how she acted like it was cute that she had no idea how university works.. It's really not complicated whatsoever. I didn't realize you had to be a college grad to know basic differences in degrees. She's clearly super intelligent and qualified to make these videos.

"Whoever killed Margo.... Wanted her dead." Wow, riveting take there Eleanor 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I’m sorry but I’m sick to death of her “2 part” videos when she could easily fit the story in 1 video. She’s just too lazy to record it all in one day.
It’s such a shame that there’s other crime channels that put in 1000% more effort than her and don’t get no where near as much attention as Eleanor does.

Reactions: 20
I’m sorry but I’m sick to death of her “2 part” videos when she could easily fit the story in 1 video. She’s just too lazy to record it all in one day.
It’s such a shame that there’s other crime channels that put in 1000% more effort than her and don’t get no where near as much attention as Eleanor does.
She's being sly with it now too.

I watched her lust killer video knowing I missed the shoe slayer one only to realise it was the same case. So she's naming the videos differently and not saying part 1/2 to get more people to watch I guess. Because if I know a video is a 2 parter, I wait for the second part before I listen. And I imagine some people prefer 1 shorter video over 2 nearly hour long ones so they might skip them all together.

She also did this with the 3 part landlady killer case. It's not immediately clear that it's all the same story.

Also were both of these shoe killer videos sponsored? I haven't checked the shoe slayer one but I guess it's her way of doing less work - getting 2 sponsorships for the same case.

She doesn't drag things out unnecessarily in her story telling but she could definitely reduce her cases to 1 video.

• Wow
Reactions: 9
She's being sly with it now too.

I watched her lust killer video knowing I missed the shoe slayer one only to realise it was the same case. So she's naming the videos differently and not saying part 1/2 to get more people to watch I guess. Because if I know a video is a 2 parter, I wait for the second part before I listen. And I imagine some people prefer 1 shorter video over 2 nearly hour long ones so they might skip them all together.

She also did this with the 3 part landlady killer case. It's not immediately clear that it's all the same story.

Also were both of these shoe killer videos sponsored? I haven't checked the shoe slayer one but I guess it's her way of doing less work - getting 2 sponsorships for the same case.

She doesn't drag things out unnecessarily in her story telling but she could definitely reduce her cases to 1 video.
You’re right, both were sponsored! By different brands

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 5
Sort of off topic but I have to recommend Mollie Westbrook because she reminds me of Eleanor only she doesn't suck

I recently found her too and she’s great!! I think she’s set her videos and set up a bit like EN but she’s better in my opinion ☺

Reactions: 3
I wish I could know everything about this! I don’t know why I’m not surprised? Her persona on social media it seems like she’s very full of herself so was probably threatened by a lot of people, so would retaliate through bullying. And it also explains her laziness on YouTube, she thinks she’s superior and doesn’t need to put as much work in (literally reads off of Wikipedia) as people still watch.

Please leave any recommendations for other smaller true crime youtubers that put more effort in, would rather give my views to those than Eleanor!

Reactions: 6
AND the sponsor of the second video only ships to the US and Canada - yet Eleanor "loves" them. It was the most disingenuous sponsor ever.
I was thinking that. Then she tried to justify it by saying she has a lot of subs in America/Canada but it's still really dodgy for someone UK based to promote that. They won't ship to the UK but they'll ship to Eleanor for the sake of a promotion.

Make it make sense.

That would make me feel uncomfortable if I were in her shoes tbh.

Does she say no to *any* sponsorship?

Reactions: 9
I wish these YouTubers weren't so overpaid from views, sponserships, merch, ads etc.
It's always the same, they all become greedy in the end.

I wish these YouTubers weren't so overpaid from views, sponserships, merch, ads etc.
It's always the same, they all become greedy in the end.
This. Time and time again. The second they quit their real job and see just how little work they can do while still making decent money, they usually choose the lazy way. And they usually start guilt tripping their viewers and creating Patrons the second they can too. I find Kendall Rae constantly whining about demonitization very off putting. It's crazy to me how any, "average" person doesn't see through YouTubers when they begin to pull this tit.

There’s a big “market” for true crime and Eleanor is very lazy. She could really up her game to discussing live cases (Suzanne Morphew, Gannon Stauch, JJ & Tylee Ryan) instead of focusing on dated cases that Channel 4 have already done thousands of documentaries on.

I’ve followed her cases on Wikipedia while the video is playing and sometimes she is literally copying the article word for word.

Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.