Eleanor Neale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Her most recent TikTok just shows how little respect she has... Making a short video about a murder but if you wanna know more check out part 1&2 on her YouTube channel šŸ™ƒ

Reactions: 4
i used to like her videos but i find the new tone of voice she uses for her videos really weird.. like she sounds giddy and excited talking about murder (also the happy go lucky omg download this right now sponsor voice then it cuts to her acting serious and dark).
hate the little quips and opinions she throws in along the lines of 'I don't know why they'd act like that/I wouldn't be acting like that' etc like well yeah... that person isn't you and there isn't a cookie cutter way to react to a traumatic experience.

even looking back now on her old videos i wonder why I used to like her, maybe cause I was younger or smth

Last edited:
Reactions: 17
Came here after watching her cover the Elaine Oā€™Hara case. I used to watch her years ago but genuinely couldnā€™t believe the way she handled this case.

She was giggling about how Elaine and her murderer were into BDSM, when it was going down that path that lead to her being killed. She mentioned multiple times how vulnerable Elaine was and still found it funny and was smirking about the police finding Elaineā€™s drawer of sex toys. Just so wrong and inappropriate.

She talked about how the case gripped Ireland and everyone was obsessed with it, which is partly true. Mainly people were following the case closely because of how dark it was and how tragically Elaine had been let down by the health service and authorities. Eleanor made out like we were all rabidly drooling over it like it was a movie. No one was.

Just made me feel so uncomfortable. Not to mention the fact that she prefaced the two parts (which could have been one) with adverts for a ā€œfarm gameā€ and a streaming service. I think itā€™s disgusting that she makes money off of this.

Reactions: 17
Came here after watching her cover the Elaine Oā€™Hara case. I used to watch her years ago but genuinely couldnā€™t believe the way she handled this case.

She was giggling about how Elaine and her murderer were into BDSM, when it was going down that path that lead to her being killed. She mentioned multiple times how vulnerable Elaine was and still found it funny and was smirking about the police finding Elaineā€™s drawer of sex toys. Just so wrong and inappropriate.

She talked about how the case gripped Ireland and everyone was obsessed with it, which is partly true. Mainly people were following the case closely because of how dark it was and how tragically Elaine had been let down by the health service and authorities. Eleanor made out like we were all rabidly drooling over it like it was a movie. No one was.

Just made me feel so uncomfortable. Not to mention the fact that she prefaced the two parts (which could have been one) with adverts for a ā€œfarm gameā€ and a streaming service. I think itā€™s disgusting that she makes money off of this.
I very much agree with you here. I had previously heard of the case through another YouTuber (canā€™t remember who), but what stood out to me in ENā€™s retelling of the case was just how giggly she was around sexual details. I understand the BDSM was a pretty big part of the case, but giggling when retelling a murder case is just a little iffy in my opinion. The comments on her video were really grim too, focusing on Eleanorā€™s makeup and what not?

Reactions: 7
I get those "mean girl" vibes from Eleanor where she laughs or sneers at anything slightly alternative, like BDSM or the killer who was heavily into cartoons. Leave people's lifestyles alone if it's not directly relevant to the case or at the very least stay neutral about it.

Reactions: 18
Does anyone remember when Eleanor advertised for a researcher?? I wonder if she ever hired anyone? Her insta post was MONTHS ago (I remember seeing it when I still couldn't visit my family in England due to covid) but I haven't seen anything since? It feels a bit mean to not credit them for their work?

Reactions: 3
Does anyone remember when Eleanor advertised for a researcher?? I wonder if she ever hired anyone? Her insta post was MONTHS ago (I remember seeing it when I still couldn't visit my family in England due to covid) but I haven't seen anything since? It feels a bit mean to not credit them for their work?
Weirdly was thinking about this earlier. Iā€™d be interested to know if she had any help now as like you said, she doesnā€™t credit anyone else.

Weirdly was thinking about this earlier. Iā€™d be interested to know if she had any help now as like you said, she doesnā€™t credit anyone else.
We hear about Editor Jack all the time which makes me think maybe she didn't hire anyone? seems odd to credit one person you've hired but not another

I used to watch all of Eleanors videos but i started to notice things that wouldnā€™t sit right with me. Sometimes it would feel like she was glorifying the murderers with her titles.
Does anyone have any recommendations for true crime youtubers that they like to watch? I used to watch Kendall Rae but i havenā€™t in a year or so.

We hear about Editor Jack all the time which makes me think maybe she didn't hire anyone? seems odd to credit one person you've hired but not another
Exactly that. She literally never mentions anyone in terms of research which leads me to believe either she didnā€™t hire anyone, or she thinks that little of them šŸ˜…šŸ˜…

Reactions: 1
I used to watch all of Eleanors videos but i started to notice things that wouldnā€™t sit right with me. Sometimes it would feel like she was glorifying the murderers with her titles.
Does anyone have any recommendations for true crime youtubers that they like to watch? I used to watch Kendall Rae but i havenā€™t in a year or so.
Highly recommend Danelle Hallan and Stephanie Harlow. Both very informative and cover cases very respectfully.

Reactions: 6
I love Mollie Westbrook. She seems to genuinely care about victims, shows a lot of respect, and provides as much information as she can. She doesn't go OTT with sponsors... I just skip that bit. She's very well spoken, very clear, very easy to listen to. No silly smirking/voices/showing off.

Reactions: 10
Exactly that. She literally never mentions anyone in terms of research which leads me to believe either she didnā€™t hire anyone, or she thinks that little of them šŸ˜…šŸ˜…
Saw this on her Twitter.
594A7E80-3BC3-4457-871E-3FC5B30776B6.png
I havenā€™t watched any of her videos for a while so donā€™t know whether sheā€™s mentioned having researchers but hopefully she does make the effort to credit the people who are basically doing all her work. If she now has researchers and an editor what does she do then? Quickly skim over the notes and then just tell the camera what someone else found out for her. I have nothing against content creators having teams to help them produce that content, but usually those creators produce great high quality videos like Mr Beastā€™s videos. All sheā€™s doing is telling information anyone could just go and look up.

Reactions: 3
Saw this on her Twitter. View attachment 883146I havenā€™t watched any of her videos for a while so donā€™t know whether sheā€™s mentioned having researchers but hopefully she does make the effort to credit the people who are basically doing all her work. If she now has researchers and an editor what does she do then? Quickly skim over the notes and then just tell the camera what someone else found out for her. I have nothing against content creators having teams to help them produce that content, but usually those creators produce great high quality videos like Mr Beastā€™s videos. All sheā€™s doing is telling information anyone could just go and look up.
Exactly this. Itā€™s not like loads of production goes into her videos, she sits and reads what sheā€™s put together and it gets edited. If sheā€™s not doing all the research herself then she should be open about it. I donā€™t recall her ever mentioning them but then again I donā€™t watch every single one of her videos anymore, maybe watched 1 or two this year šŸ˜…

Reactions: 2
Sunny Shay V!! I must say I havenā€™t watched too many of her videos, but the ones I did watch were good! And Mollie ofc

First time returning to Eleanor's videos for a few months (I've been away) I was genuinely baffled with the new giddy, upbeat and almost mean girl persona she has adopted in her latest videos, It's incredibly disrespectful and distasteful. Very much a jovian me girl attitude it's wildly inappropriate. I used to enjoy her videos, it seems like she is trying to become a popular influencer, hence the second channel. She should keep her childish personality for the other channel. I have since unsubscribed. Also I am friends with some of the family members of people she has covered and they are incredibly unhappy, they have tried to contact her to take some videos down or re film them but she simply ignored them. Very bizarre. I will stick with Stephanie Harlow. Such a shame!

Reactions: 18
First time returning to Eleanor's videos for a few months (I've been away) I was genuinely baffled with the new giddy, upbeat and almost mean girl persona she has adopted in her latest videos, It's incredibly disrespectful and distasteful. Very much a jovian me girl attitude it's wildly inappropriate. I used to enjoy her videos, it seems like she is trying to become a popular influencer, hence the second channel. She should keep her childish personality for the other channel. I have since unsubscribed. Also I am friends with some of the family members of people she has covered and they are incredibly unhappy, they have tried to contact her to take some videos down or re film them but she simply ignored them. Very bizarre. I will stick with Stephanie Harlow. Such a shame!
I hadn't watched her in a while either, mainly because I feel that she does the absolute minimum in research, gets so much wrong and it felt like she was just reading from Wiki. I've literally just watched her video on the Playboy bunny because it was a suggestion and I'm honestly fuming! She sits smirking and grinning the whole way through it. She has zero compassion or thought for the victims she talks about or their loved ones. To me she acts like a silly little girl (no idea what age she actually is) who doesn't give a damn. She needs to grow up a bit before attempting to talk about such tragic and serious subjects. Unsubscribed!

Reactions: 10
I Agree..what is with all the sniggering and why is she telling is her ignorant opinion every 2 seconds. I was cringing at her Harold Shipman one....

Reactions: 1
I think she uses her little disclaimer as a way to fend off any criticism from family members/concerned viewers. I find the title of the new video very distasteful. Sheā€™s way too into the story lines now and reads it all as if itā€™s some made up drama, not an actual crime that involves real people.
Her titles are always really distasteful .I think she is very disrespectful to the victims and their families in most of her videos .she never seems to show any sympathy or compassion for them .Iā€™m not saying she has to sit there crying But I find she goes into too much graphic detail and comes across very immature IMO

I Agree..what is with all the sniggering and why is she telling is her ignorant opinion every 2 seconds. I was cringing at her Harold Shipman one....
The opinion thing is SO weird Iā€™ve never seen it or heard it in other true crime videos or podcasts but here we have Eleanor piping up pointless opinions all the time. My fave was when she tried to give her opinion on uni but went oh I didnā€™t go to uni so I donā€™t know how it works - just donā€™t say anything then!!!

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.