Eleanor Neale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Eleanor has had at least one family member of a victim (Alissa Turney) ask her to take down a video in the past, albeit that was back when she was starting out. If she doesn't respond, try contacting YouTube

Reactions: 3
That's so sad. Sorry to hear. If she doing more harm than good, you and your family can contact her to take the video down.
We have tried and the most she did was blur the pictures of my cousin Hayley 😢

this is why I can’t stand the true crime community and these youtubers. They are literally profiting off the tragedies of families like yourselves. I’m so sorry for your family and the person you lost. I don’t know how these people sleep at night knowing they are making light entertainment out of real peoples lives
Thank you so much, she talked about it like she was there the whole time and knew all the facts, everyone in the comments are bashing my family and her children have to read that

I am so sorry.
Thank you so much

I am so sorry you’ve had to go through that. That’s exactly the reason she rubs me up the wrong way.
We contacted her to take it down, I know that she had seen it because all she did was blur the pictures

I'm sorry. At the least, I've heard other true crime content creators get in touch with family members either for information or to let them know they'll be covering the case. It'll be literally no loss to her to remove the video.

Did you try to message her? Did she reply? I'm sure YouTube must have a rule where you can take a video down if it contains you or someone you know. That must be a privacy violation.
Her eldest son emailed (no reply) we reported the video along with lots of other people, I know she had seen something or knew we weren’t happy because she re edited it and blurred the photos, no one got on contact with us :(

Eleanor has had at least one family member of a victim (Alissa Turney) ask her to take down a video in the past, albeit that was back when she was starting out. If she doesn't respond, try contacting YouTube
All she’s done is blur the pictures and not even replied to any of my family members with an apology or anything

EN irritates the hell out of me… she seems like a typical fat lazy person who does the bare minimum and earns off it.
Are people actually buying her merch?

She just seems so money grabbing.

Her fans are the worst, comments like “is no one going to mention how stunning she looks”
Literally on a case about child rape… wtf?

people will start to see through her soon believe me.
She “covered” my cousins murder and the click bait on that was “murdered for changing her Facebook status” she gets info off the public, doesn’t bother contacting the family involved, exaggerates and bare lies to give videos a “twist” my family got absolutely slandered because she made out my family supported the relationship and didn’t try to help in anyway, we complained, reported it everything you can think of but it is still up, I know she knows we aren’t happy because instead of taking it down she just blurred the pictures (I think to help her case of keeping the video up) she tries to come off all nice and respectful and gullible people fall for it, the real ones know she’s vile and makes money off tragedy, I can’t stand her and I’d dread to see her in public

Last edited:
  • Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 15
We have tried and the most she did was blur the pictures of my cousin Hayley 😢

Thank you so much, she talked about it like she was there the whole time and knew all the facts, everyone in the comments are bashing my family and her children have to read that

Thank you so much

We contacted her to take it down, I know that she had seen it because all she did was blur the pictures

Her eldest son emailed (no reply) we reported the video along with lots of other people, I know she had seen something or knew we weren’t happy because she re edited it and blurred the photos, no one got on contact with us :(

All she’s done is blur the pictures and not even replied to any of my family members with an apology or anything

She “covered” my cousins murder and the click bait on that was “murdered for changing her Facebook status” she gets info off the public, doesn’t bother contacting the family involved, exaggerates and bare lies to give videos a “twist” my family got absolutely slandered because she made out my family supported the relationship and didn’t try to help in anyway, we complained, reported it everything you can think of but it is still up, I know she knows we aren’t happy because instead of taking it down she just blurred the pictures (I think to help her case of keeping the video up) she tries to come off all nice and respectful and gullible people fall for it, the real ones know she’s vile and makes money off tragedy, I can’t stand her and I’d dread to see her in public
You’re not alone. I posted here last year about someone I knows experience. She pretty much copied word for word a documentary about a case by some tv company, then added her own info in. Actual made up tit that features NOWHERE and isn’t true. I’m gonna guess they’re her own assumptions but in the video she’s like “name was feeling. Name said. Name did this” (name to protect persons identity)
Said person tried everything to get it taken down, or at least the bits of her edited out and lies removed but she even messaged Eleanor herself last year on Instagram and email but No response. As well as giving the video a completely irrelevant name to the case which we found very disrespectful. She really doesn’t deserve the platform she has but people don’t seem to see what she’s really like and it does our heads in.

Reactions: 5
You’re not alone. I posted here last year about someone I knows experience. She pretty much copied word for word a documentary about a case by some tv company, then added her own info in. Actual made up tit that features NOWHERE and isn’t true. I’m gonna guess they’re her own assumptions but in the video she’s like “name was feeling. Name said. Name did this” (name to protect persons identity)
Said person tried everything to get it taken down, or at least the bits of her edited out and lies removed but she even messaged Eleanor herself last year on Instagram and email but No response. As well as giving the video a completely irrelevant name to the case which we found very disrespectful. She really doesn’t deserve the platform she has but people don’t seem to see what she’s really like and it does our heads in.
I honestly couldn’t have said it any better myself, my family were heartbroken the mother of my cousin who was “covered” sank back into a bad depression, her kids were able to read the comments left by people, she comes off nice and respectful and the gullible ones fall for it, I just wished she had gave us the heads up of what she was doing it really blind sided us

• Sad
Reactions: 10
I honestly couldn’t have said it any better myself, my family were heartbroken the mother of my cousin who was “covered” sank back into a bad depression, her kids were able to read the comments left by people, she comes off nice and respectful and the gullible ones fall for it, I just wished she had gave us the heads up of what she was doing it really blind sided us
Yeah the fact that she didn’t even warn you guys what she was doing is really not nice. I know people will say the information is out there so she can do what she wants, but from a moral standpoint, she should at least ask for some kind of permission from the families involved. She knows nothing other than what she’s reading online. She knows nothing of the emotions involved, or the impact it’s had on those left behind. These aren’t historic cases that happened hundreds of years ago, these are recent cases. Surely it doesn’t take a genius to realise that people will be upset by you making a poorly researched video on it.

Reactions: 3
I just want to say to families who’s cases she’s covered I hope you’re all okay. I cannot believe she has been contacted and not removed the videos. I also cannot believe she makes things up. It’s disgusting that she doesn’t contact a family or attempt to before sharing a story. I know some other true crime YouTubers work closely with families and have removed videos on request when the family hasn’t been happy so I can’t believe Eleanor is getting a way with this.

Reactions: 13
She is awful and does NOT deserve her platform ... blurring the photos doesn't cut it, if you have been asked to take down the video, take it down! She's had to do this at least once before so she has no excuse. I'm so sorry for everything you and your family are going through

Reactions: 10
She is awful and does NOT deserve her platform ... blurring the photos doesn't cut it, if you have been asked to take down the video, take it down! She's had to do this at least once before so she has no excuse. I'm so sorry for everything you and your family are going through
Totally agree. If she’s been contacted by the family and they’re unhappy, the video needs to go. Keeping it up but blurring the photos is ridiculous. The video will still be getting views so she’s not actually taking a hit on anything. It’s all about money. Not just EN, but other true crime YouTubers need to branch out into something else too. You can’t just profit off horrific crimes that have nothing to do with you. Georgia Marie for example. She still does her true crime but focuses more now on history and social justice. It just seems icky to me to make money off of things that have actually happened to people. Sometimes EN tells the cases as if they’re fiction.

Reactions: 7
It’s disgusting that she doesn’t bother contacting the families involved to just check it’s okay to talk about and even get their take? She’s making money of other families tragedy, things that they’ll not want to be spoke about infront of millions of people. It’s actually vile

Reactions: 7
Am I the only one who thinks she looks absolutely exhausted in the last 2 videos or so?

Reactions: 1
why are people slating eleanor neale its literally on the internet she spends hours filming videos on true crime so what if she makes money from it she is just earning a living i love that girl the videos are always calming. im sorry to those whos famlies are on this page about her cases shes covered but its on the internet she doesnt need anyone permission to make videos from information shes researched

• Haha
Reactions: 4
why are people slating eleanor neale its literally on the internet she spends hours filming videos on true crime so what if she makes money from it she is just earning a living i love that girl the videos are always calming. im sorry to those whos famlies are on this page about her cases shes covered but its on the internet she doesnt need anyone permission to make videos from information shes researched
Hi Eleanor x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 20
She might not need permission but as someone with no professionalism, it'd be nice if she consulted families and maybe got some input.

It'd be even nicer if she removed content which upset them.

News stories inform people, Eleanor's videos are primarily for "entertainment". It's a different ball game. It's fine for victims and their families to be okay with one form of content and not another. That's their choice.

Reactions: 9
Has anyone seen her latest video? The response has been crazy saying how disrespectful she is not using correct pronouns!

• Wow
Reactions: 8
Has anyone seen her latest video? The response has been crazy saying how disrespectful she is not using correct pronouns!
not even shocked at this stage, she is atrocious at her 'job' and should not be putting out videos if she cant grant people the most basic respect such as using the correct pronoun.

I feel like she's presenting the video as if it were a Daily Mail or Sun article - like trying to imply the perpetrator's actions were caused by fandom in some way which is evidently not the case. And using that to try to drive views. It's inaccurate and disrespectful, stop it

Reactions: 2
I'm looking at the latest video posted 2 days ago (the Danny case). Cannot see any negative comments (unless deleted now), but can you please screenshot them?

I'm looking at the latest video posted 2 days ago (the Danny case). Cannot see any negative comments (unless deleted now), but can you please screenshot them?
I was just coming on to say the same, I think she must have deleted them

Reactions: 1
Her Danny Phantom killer video is awful. Her attitude towards the killer (before they did any killing) is so judgemental. Obviously I don't condone what he did or sympathise with them but she's making fun of someone for liking cartoons - a lot of lonely people, teenagers especially, get very into their special interests. She says she doesn't know why they quit their job but goes on to assert her own assumption why anyway.

Then she talks about how they were inspired by Columbine - and I remember her saying she started off being very interested in Columbine, as a lot of true crime people are - and then she gets things wrong. It's unnecessary in my opinion for her to just list insults "they were weirdos, they were losers" and she's downright wrong in saying "they had no social life". The fact that they were complete outcasts is such a myth, Dylan Klebold literally went to prom three days before the massacre, they got the guns from older friends, his mom's book names other friends and how they were out all the time.

I don't know why I watched this because it's so angry and shoddy despite the fact she's got "researchers" now.

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.