Eleanor Neale

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I understand that she makes video titles more hyperbolic for views and on some of them, I do kinda get it (esp if the case is known for that detail) but 'murdered by her best friends' for a video about a disabled woman targeted by a group that took advantage of her disability rubbed me up the wrong way. Even if Gemma percieved them as friends and that was used to exploit her, the fact it was used as the video title after all is said and done seems a bit poor to me. I do hope she changes it.
I agree there soul purpose was to exploit her, perhaps she could used a title more alerting people to risks those with disabilities or disabled are at risk of being exploited and information around that but no not elenor

Reactions: 3
I understand that she makes video titles more hyperbolic for views and on some of them, I do kinda get it (esp if the case is known for that detail) but 'murdered by her best friends' for a video about a disabled woman targeted by a group that took advantage of her disability rubbed me up the wrong way. Even if Gemma percieved them as friends and that was used to exploit her, the fact it was used as the video title after all is said and done seems a bit poor to me. I do hope she changes it.
Yeah I noticed that. I think the past few videos she’s done have had very clickbaity titles and it’s really isn’t respectful in the slightest

Reactions: 3
The thing is, videos real cases of tragedies that happened and impacted so many people and causes the victim to lose their life, should NOT have the title sounding like a ‘true story animated’ video title. This is real life. Stop making it into a causal money grab.

Reactions: 9
On tiktok, there’s been a rise of people calling out true crime creators, basically for exploiting off victims and treating serious crimes like light hearted entertainment.

In the comments of every single one of these videos, people are like ‘this is why I only watch Eleanor Neale, she’s so respectful’.

I’ve seen a few people disagree and point out Eleanor’s click bait and grabbiness, but her fans just aren’t having it.

I don’t find it very respectful to be talking about a murder whilst your video is sponsored by a murder mystery mobile game or ‘hunt a killer’ activity pack 😐

Here’s an example of one of the tiktoks, it’s like the Eleanor neale fan club in the comments

Reactions: 10
In the comments of every single one of these videos, people are like ‘this is why I only watch Eleanor Neale, she’s so respectful’
Saw this tiktok and my GOD to her fans not realise the video describes her to a tee. :rolleyes:
I get supporting your fave but come on. 💀

Reactions: 4
She has some sort of filter turned on that deletes and comments that are negative. I know this because I made a comment once and it disappeared instantly. Wasn't being rude to her, attacking her weight or her looks either, was just commenting on her being Insensitive during one video 🙄
that makes a lot of sense because I knew I couldn’t be the only one. I also noticed in some of her videos if the murderer potentially had/has mental health problems she’d give her opinion on whether they do or don’t and if that’s a good enough reason to kill/hurt someone and I find it very unnecessary and abit disrespectful to be honest because she seems like she hasn’t a clue what she’s talking about (coming from a psychology graduate).

that makes a lot of sense because I knew I couldn’t be the only one. I also noticed in some of her videos if the murderer potentially had/has mental health problems she’d give her opinion on whether they do or don’t and if that’s a good enough reason to kill/hurt someone and I find it very unnecessary and abit disrespectful to be honest because she seems like she hasn’t a clue what she’s talking about (coming from a psychology graduate).
She doesn't know what she's talking about at all. She parrots stuff that's online already or Wikipedia and doesn't form her own opinions. As someone with my own mental health disorder, I always tell people this is how it affects me and I am in no position to diagnose you. See a doctor 🤷🏻‍♀️

Just putting it down to her being a cringe 20 year old know it all

For me it’s the sheer amount of ads she does now. Every video is click bait, and sponsored. I thinks that’s all it’s about now, it’s about her making as much money as possible to keep up her current lifestyle. She doesn’t give a toss about the cases at all. The 3 part videos where every part is sponsored… what a money grab.
When she first started she used to be really respectful and the videos would be concise and quite well researched, so different to now

Reactions: 7
I just watched the video she did about the disabled women who was murdered and can not stand how she goes from talking about how sad this case made her to selling some app she’d probably never used before. She puts in a clip at the end of the victim’s sister who’s giving a very good and emotional insight into society’s attitude towards disabled individuals and half way through I got an ad. I know usually the timing of ads isn’t controlled by youtubers, but I’ve also watched videos where ads have been put in on purpose, so surely she could’ve checked to make sure no ads would pop up during that part of the video. It just shows how little she really cares.

• Wow
On tiktok, there’s been a rise of people calling out true crime creators, basically for exploiting off victims and treating serious crimes like light hearted entertainment.

In the comments of every single one of these videos, people are like ‘this is why I only watch Eleanor Neale, she’s so respectful’.

I’ve seen a few people disagree and point out Eleanor’s click bait and grabbiness, but her fans just aren’t having it.

I don’t find it very respectful to be talking about a murder whilst your video is sponsored by a murder mystery mobile game or ‘hunt a killer’ activity pack 😐

Here’s an example of one of the tiktoks, it’s like the Eleanor neale fan club in the comments

I said that the Hunt a Killer box was bad taste once, on the Reddit True Crime thread because its making a game and fun out of bleeping murder when that subreddit was used to describe actual horrific crimes. Anyway, I was greeted with loads of backlash and down votes. I bleeping hate the world we live in sometimes 😩

Reactions: 6
I said that the Hunt a Killer box was bad taste once, on the Reddit True Crime thread because its making a game and fun out of bleeping murder when that subreddit was used to describe actual horrific crimes. Anyway, I was greeted with loads of backlash and down votes. I bleeping hate the world we live in sometimes 😩
I remember Bailey her and few others advertising it I did think poor show they've all become money Hungary YT doesn't make it as difficult for true crime youtubers to make money from ad sense if they had a unclick off ad beginning and end far enough but some have it like every few mins

Reactions: 2
At this point it’s like murder and crime has become a game to them. They’re so detached from the reality of it. When I listen to these videos, I can’t help but imagine the pain and terror these victims would have felt, yet these Youtubers talk about it as if it’s celebrity gossip.
As for Hunt A Killer, I get that it was probably meant as a Cluedo type thing, but getting true crime Youtubers to shill it on videos about actual murders is really poor imo

Another Eleanor related tiktok appeared on my for you page 👀

The comments are mixed. Some people are saying she does too many ads and it’s disrespectful. Others say it’s fine because she’s got to make a living.

I disagree with this comment though.
0F0ECAB4-4570-4995-83B1-659B3B383988.jpeg
Ads in an tv true crime documentary are literally the equivalent of mid roll ads, which Eleanor also has. What Eleanor does is the equivalent of a witness or lead detective pausing the documentary to talk about raid shadow legends 😐

Reactions: 8
It’s not even the fact that she does ads that annoys me, it is her job after all and most youtubers do them, it’s the sheer amount of them that she does and how irrelevant they are, also how blatantly obvious it is that she actually uses very few of the products or services. She will shill anything for the right price. I know for a fact she could do the ads at the end of the videos but I assume she gets paid more to do them at the beginning. There’s no real way of being fully respectful to a victim when trying to sell something while telling the story of their death, but there are better ways to go about it then Eleanor, she’s just flat out disrespectful. it’s blatantly obvious she’s just trying to rinse every penny she can out of her channel while she can.

It’s not even the fact that she does ads that annoys me, it is her job after all and most youtubers do them, it’s the sheer amount of them that she does and how irrelevant they are, also how blatantly obvious it is that she actually uses very few of the products or services. She will shill anything for the right price. I know for a fact she could do the ads at the end of the videos but I assume she gets paid more to do them at the beginning. There’s no real way of being fully respectful to a victim when trying to sell something while telling the story of their death, but there are better ways to go about it then Eleanor, she’s just flat out disrespectful. it’s blatantly obvious she’s just trying to rinse every penny she can out of her channel while she can.
This is the same for me. I respect what has to me money, but how can she go from talking about a brutal murder to taking about a mobile game in the space of one video. It’s bizarre.

She seems to purposely do vague or random titles for her videos. So that viewers won't be able to guess which case she's talking about. You have to click to find out.
Or she rarely puts the names of the victims or killers in the title. Again, you have to click to find out.

This other YouTuber covered the same case:

- Notice she put "friends" in quotation marks. Alluding to the fact they weren't real friends..
- She also added the victim's name so we know who she's talking about
- Title says how she "was failed", in reference to the system and the "friends" failing her.

Eleanor is not very transparent with her viewers. Speaking of her copying information from other places, at least admit it. I watch other people who clearly state that they got their information from Wikipedia or wherever.

Last edited:
Reactions: 6
She’s just so money grabbing! That girl 100% does not use the products she advertises.

also, her facial expressions when she doesn’t know what she’s talking about really irritate me. She really thinks she’s cute and she’s not.

Also I’m not sure how I feel about these true crime creators who decide they want to quit their normal jobs and just be an influencer (because there’s way more benefits) and then think this entitles them to exploit victims and pump out ad after ad because they need to earn a living. Like we all know they only want the influencer career because you get good money for a lot less work.

Fair enough to the ones who put hard work into their research and you can tell they’re genuinely trying to raise awareness, but Eleanor doesn’t give me those vibes. She’s just reading off Wikipedia.

Also I’m not sure how I feel about these true crime creators who decide they want to quit their normal jobs and just be an influencer (because there’s way more benefits) and then think this entitles them to exploit victims and pump out ad after ad because they need to earn a living. Like we all know they only want the influencer career because you get good money for a lot less work.

Fair enough to the ones who put hard work into their research and you can tell they’re genuinely trying to raise awareness, but Eleanor doesn’t give me those vibes. She’s just reading off Wikipedia.
Because she’s a typical fat lazy self centred gen z! They’re sooo entitled. I know I’ll get hate for the fat comments but it’s just what they’re like.

• Angry
  • Sick
Yeah... just gonna ignore the obvious fat people hater...

I don't actually have a huge issue with ads on true crime videos in general. Its youtube, most people do them.

But with no clear upload schedule and every single video being sponsored, it's obvious what drives her content.

All sorts of important crimes could happen but if she couldn't find a sponsor, I doubt she'd bother making a video.

Also it's not good that it's coinciding with her being more insensitive towards the subjects. But she'd be equally insensitive without the ads so for me, that's the bigger issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.