Eleanor Lecocq #4 Eat, Shop, Manhunt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Yeah....not flattering. Not sure if the brand just cuts that way or Smelley bought a size that doesn't fit properly. Either way, it makes me want to stay away from Sweaty Betty. At this point, brands maybe should pay Smelley not to wear their items because based on her looks, all the stuff looks stretched out, fits like a sausage casing, and makes you look wide all at the same time. 😂

Also 💀 @ THE SMIRK™

In case you ladies are curious, here's how it fits on the model. Elle's really making the fabric of that jacket work. :ROFLMAO:
View attachment 209416 View attachment 209417
Holy sausage casings, Batman, that reference image makes it even more clear that our friend needs to go up about 2 sizes. I quite like the look on the model but it looks like a completely different jacket!

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Quiting her job and moving to Florida was the dumbest decision Elle ever made (if she wasn't fired). She can stay at her MFDA of Canada job and look for other law work, work pro-bono, etc... on the side. Rick could have moved to Vancouver (his law degree is transferable to Canada, Elle's is not transferable to the USA) if he really loved her and wanted to be with her.

Elle makes one poor decisions after another. Let me tell you, losing your job is a way worse feeling than being dumped. And Rick is hardly a catch that she needs to move to Florida to pursue him.
Agree! Who the hell quits their job and moves to another country just like that? Didn’t know Rick could have worked in Canada. That makes it even worse that she did that! I mean, why, Elle? Because he owned a crappy house down there and had a job at a community college? And then she continued to stay in the US! She still hasn’t caught on that the US is - country in decline? What I would give to live in Canada! (Okay, the truth is I love my job and where I live, but if I could also magically also have Canada’s government and institutions I would be in paradise. I would never just “choose” to live in the US because my mother happens to be across the Pacific in the same country.)

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Agree! Who the hell quits their job and moves to another country just like that? Didn’t know Rick could have worked in Canada. That makes it even worse that she did that! I mean, why, Elle? Because he owned a crappy house down there and had a job at a community college? And then she continued to stay in the US! She still hasn’t caught on that the US is - country in decline? What I would give to live in Canada! (Okay, the truth is I love my job and where I live, but if I could also magically also have Canada’s government and institutions I would be in paradise. I would never just “choose” to live in the US because my mother happens to be across the Pacific in the same country.)
Agreed. I’d love to live in Canada and would not choose to live in the US if I had options. I know this makes me sound disloyal but the way the middle class are treated here it’s not worth it.

Her moving across country for some bowlegged, narcissistic idiot has got to be the dumbest thing she’s ever done.

• Heart
Reactions: 14
Elle could have continued to work in MDFA of Canada. During the pandemic, she would have been working from home probably. The MDFA job was ideally suited for her - 9-5, downtown Vancouver fancy office, no extra work on weekends, etc...

I don't know any 30 year old woman who makes such poor life decisions. It's like she is all book smarts and no common sense. I think having Ginette to fall back on really screwed her priorities.

Reactions: 10
Elle could have continued to work in MDFA of Canada. During the pandemic, she would have been working from home probably. The MDFA job was ideally suited for her - 9-5, downtown Vancouver fancy office, no extra work on weekends, etc...

I don't know any 30 year old woman who makes such poor life decisions. It's like she is all book smarts and no common sense. I think having Ginette to fall back on really screwed her priorities.
I think she really, really wanted to get married ASAP and Rickets was the only one willing to commit to that level and that quickly. She might’ve crashed in their pad and gotten a lifestyle update with the guys she dated previously, but she lost multiple eligible/child-bearing years with all those boyfriends (not counting short lived ones like SS, Dean, etc.) without marriage in sight. I agree it was a crazy decision but not unheard of for women around her age. I’m in my late 20s and have started to see similar behavior in women around me, which is terrible but also understandable. If a woman wants multiple biological children, she unfortunately doesn’t have forever.

Reactions: 6
I agree with some of the quality of the Nordstrom in house brands. Tried one of those caslon shirts a few years back and the fit was awful, my normal size was too big in the waist but tight in the shoulders (not unusual for me ive got big shoulders) but sizing up made it look worse and sizing down didn't help either. Must be better for people who are diamond shaped (just discovered this and I think it fits elle's figure).

I own a few BlankNYC jackets (they sell them at other shops too) but I wait until they go on sale or move to the rack (can get them for like 35-50 there) bc they really aren't that great quality esp not for 100+ bucks they are just fast fashion pieces at a higher price point. Honestly the mango biker jacket I own is much better quality and if you wait long enough you can get them as cheap if not cheaper than the BlankNYC jackets. They are definitely fast fashion and I'm trying to avoid that in general but fake leather jackets are my weakness.

Reactions: 7
Yeah but suppose she were working from home at MDFA. She could have moved to Florida then (she has a US passport so she wouldn't have been turned away at the border). It would have been only been a few more months.

She's constantly moving apartments in Vancouver - from one to another, throwing out new furniture each time, downgrading each time. Her first apartment in Vancouver was really nice and well suited to her. Her last one before she moved to Florida was so damp and dingy and dark. Oh Elle, look at how your life has been in a downward projectors. This all comes from her desperation to get married.

I like Halogen sweaters and cardigans. I'm a T-shirt and jeans girl at heart. During the Spring and Summer, I throw on a T-shirt and Halogen cardigans. That's my uniform. Hahaha. During the Winter, I'd wear their cashmeres.

I think she really, really wanted to get married ASAP and Rickets was the only one willing to commit to that level and that quickly. She might’ve crashed in their pad and gotten a lifestyle update with the guys she dated previously, but she lost multiple eligible/child-bearing years with all those boyfriends (not counting short lived ones like SS, Dean, etc.) without marriage in sight. I agree it was a crazy decision but not unheard of for women around her age. I’m in my late 20s and have started to see similar behavior in women around me, which is terrible but also understandable. If a woman wants multiple biological children, she unfortunately doesn’t have forever.
Yeah, it definitely is an issue that is in the back of a lot of women's minds. I know a woman who decided to become single mom by using a sperm bank. She hadn't met the right person, decided she didn't want to wait anymore and she's very happy now. That made me think that nowadays with modern technology, in some ways, women actually have more options than men when it comes to having a baby. Because a woman can choose to have a baby by using a sperm bank. Whereas a man can't have a baby unless they get a surrogate, which is expensive, complicated and not even legal in some states.

Yeah, it definitely is an issue that is in the back of a lot of women's minds. I know a woman who decided to become single mom by using a sperm bank. She hadn't met the right person, decided she didn't want to wait anymore and she's very happy now. That made me think that nowadays with modern technology, in some ways, women actually have more options than men when it comes to having a baby. Because a woman can choose to have a baby by using a sperm bank. Whereas a man can't have a baby unless they get a surrogate, which is expensive, complicated and not even legal in some states.
I can’t imagine Elle going to a sperm bank though. She gives off the impression that she cares more about the image of a rich husband and family than actually wanting a life partner or children.

Also Eleanor doesn’t need a baby right now. She needs therapy and an actual job.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
This actually reminds me of my friend’s supervisor. She hadn’t met the right guy but wanted kids so badly that she went to a sperm bank and had two on her own. I guess I can’t understand since I don’t want children. 🤷‍♀️

As much as she wants kids, I don’t see Stepford Housewife, Princess Elle going down this path, though. Given her desperate, needy antics, she’d probably want a man to be the breadwinner who takes good care of her and their kidlets.

Actually, I just thought of something. How desperate do you think she is that she’d be willing to give up children in order to keep a man? Can you imagine if she ended up with a guy who told her he didn’t want children (because he already had some from a previous relationship or he is just childfree)? I know a big dealbreaker for me when I was dating was NO kids and I left a man because he wanted kids and I didn’t. Then again, I could see her lie about being on BC and “accidentally” getting pregnant. 🙄

Reactions: 9
This actually reminds me of my friend’s supervisor. She hadn’t met the right guy but wanted kids so badly that she went to a sperm bank and had two on her own. I guess I can’t understand since I don’t want children. 🤷‍♀️

As much as she wants kids, I don’t see Stepford Housewife, Princess Elle going down this path, though. Given her desperate, needy antics, she’d probably want a man to be the breadwinner who takes good care of her and their kidlets.

Actually, I just thought of something. How desperate do you think she is that she’d be willing to give up children in order to keep a man? Can you imagine if she ended up with a guy who told her he didn’t want children (because he already had some from a previous relationship or he is just childfree)? I know a big dealbreaker for me when I was dating was NO kids and I left a man because he wanted kids and I didn’t. Then again, I could see her lie about being on BC and “accidentally” getting pregnant. 🙄
Given she seems to be fishing in the 40+, divorced pool, there is a good chance that for that scenario to occur. Terrible but I can totally see her agreeing to/pretending to be whatever the guy wants (childless or otherwise) to get the ring and once that happens, all bets are off.

I think she must be having a hard time dating in Seattle...this is the longest she's gone without showing off some poor guy on her channel. I'm not sure braggart Eleanor can keep a secret for this long if she actually has someone. Also I just get a "still hunting" vibe from her in her videos and instagram.

Given she seems to be fishing in the 40+, divorced pool, there is a good chance that for that scenario to occur. Terrible but I can totally see her agreeing to/pretending to be whatever the guy wants (childless or otherwise) to get the ring and once that happens, all bets are off.
If this happens, she is gonna go down the path her mother took.

• Sad
Actually, I just thought of something. How desperate do you think she is that she’d be willing to give up children in order to keep a man?
Absolutely, provided he had enough money. Her main goal is to show up those people who made fun of her decades ago. Moderately affluent husband and kids is her current game plan, but I fully believe if a sterile guy came along who could take down $10,000 worth of handbags a month she'd forget she ever wanted kids. Deep down she knows the handbags will love her unconditionally.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
I think Rick would have been better off living in Vancouver with Elle. He's not rich and barely scrapping by in Florida. Canada has a better social security net than USA and he can get a $50-60,000 desk job easily. He and Elle can get a house together.

I've lived in Miami before. I found it very big and very lonely. The Americans I knew were saddled with huge student loans (probably Rick too).

If houses in Vancouver are too expensive, then they would have always relocated somewhere else. As it is now, I'm not sure how Rick handles his healthcare insurance (or Elle for that matter since she's unemployed.)

I think Rick would have been better off living in Vancouver with Elle. He's not rich and barely scrapping by in Florida. Canada has a better social security net than USA and he can get a $50-60,000 desk job easily. He and Elle can get a house together.

I've lived in Miami before. I found it very big and very lonely. The Americans I knew were saddled with huge student loans (probably Rick too).

If houses in Vancouver are too expensive, then they would have always relocated somewhere else. As it is now, I'm not sure how Rick handles his healthcare insurance (or Elle for that matter since she's unemployed.)
I still wonder why he didn't move up there with her. Maybe she moved too fast. Too bad, as I got the impression at the time that he would have gone up there if the relationship would have spread out over more time.

I still wonder why he didn't move up there with her. Maybe she moved too fast. Too bad, as I got the impression at the time that he would have gone up there if the relationship would have spread out over more time.
I could be completely left field here, but my impression of this head-bobbing dumbass is that he’s controlling and convinced her to come to the US as he owned a home (she doesn’t) and she has dual citizenship (he doesn’t).

When the relationship ended, it would’ve been wiser for her to stay in FL and save up enough so she could go back to Van. Instead she just pisses away Ginette’s money and live in one of the most expensive cities in the US. 🙄😂

Reactions: 8
I think it might've been a work visa issue. It's actually fairly difficult for Americans and Canadians to work in each other's countries unless you're in certain professions (STEM, Healthcare, and maybe a few others). Most people just wouldn't bother to sponsor you (H-1B is a lottery and a huge pain, and expensive for the company) and the TN/L-1 is only usable in special circumstances (qualifying professions, or an executive transferring internally). Rick's adjunct gig would not qualify him for any of those.

Reactions: 8
I can’t imagine Elle going to a sperm bank though. She gives off the impression that she cares more about the image of a rich husband and family than actually wanting a life partner or children.

Also Eleanor doesn’t need a baby right now. She needs therapy and an actual job.
Oh I agree, she's far too traditional and wedded (no pun intended) to her rich braggable husband goal to consider that. I wasn't suggesting she should do it, just that women don't have to rush into marriage with a potentially wrong person if they really want kids.

• Heart
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.