Eleanor Lecocq #4 Eat, Shop, Manhunt

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My intuition says she also couldn't get into law school in Canada and chose to go abroad. Lots of Canadians do either law or medical school abroad if/when they can't get into school here.

It's not seen as prestigious to get your degree abroad, it's looked down upon because employers know you couldn't get into school in Canada.
She claims she had many offers from Canadian universities but turned them down to go study abroad. Because she’s speshul you guys.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Smelley should just be honest with her viewers and herself - she wants a guy whose willing to spoil her with his money! 🤑 Cut it out with the girl boss bs, and act accordingly, and people won’t be so critical. There’s probably a much older, awkward, unattractive, divorced guy many years her senior with a cushy job who doesn’t mind paying up for a younger, second wife who likes to primp on his dime. Even her brunette “doll” friend married a man more than twenty years older and moved into that waterfront house and is mostly a stay at home gal who claims to run an interior design business (yet most of her examples of past work are just her own home), and we know that’s what Smelley wants.
I could see this being doable for her IF:
1. She climbs her way into the right circles
2. She either blackmails or dupes a guy.
Maybe there are people out there who she could hook, and that's fine-to each their own- but I honestly see her selfishness and rudeness being too big a hindrance on the personal level, and her lack of manners (that door, guys) and social graces a hindrance in climbing the social ladders.

Reactions: 6
Maybe there are people out there who she could hook, and that's fine-to each their own- but I honestly see her selfishness and rudeness being too big a hindrance on the personal level, and her lack of manners (that door, guys) and social graces a hindrance in climbing the social ladders.
To be quite honest, I don't think she'll be really able to improve herself socially (sorry if this whole comment comes off as snobbish!) because she's just not the type that those sorts of men go for. She doesn't have the beauty, charm, capability, intelligence, or the sort of background that those men seek.

What I think she can do is find a guy with a nice paying corporate job (i.e. 40-50 something year old guy whose a manager of some sorts) or owns and runs his small business with moderate success. Basically she needs to find someone like Brunette doll's husband (owner of a small, regional construction company) whose divorced, makes decent money (low 6 figures), and not that attractive so he can't do better and at that age, he'll feel lucky that he found someone so much younger who tries really hard to look nice for him. She'll be able to live in a nice house (much like the one she grew up in) in a nice city, go have brunch with girlfriends, and spend all her free time at Nordstrom. The truly successful CEO types or managing directors at a large investment firm will not want her. She is very average looking even post plastic surgery, short with a dumpy figure, not kind or interesting, doesn't have much success or career development, not super connected, and only went to ok-ish schools if we want to be picky about it. If she took Ginette's support and really focused on her career which would now be in a nice position if she worked hard, then she would have a lot more options. But as things stand, this is how it is.

• Heart
Reactions: 11
She'll need to find someone who was too busy working on their career to date if she wants someone around her age or someone who's older, rich, and divorced and wants a "newer model" to upgrade to. But even then I don't think it will be easy, bc guys who want a young pretty girl will probably go younger and prettier and more blonde than Elle. Like I'm a month older than elle and we are too old to be gold diggers now, and that's just the facts, unless she gets a not so rich and meh looking older divorced guy.

She'll need to find someone who was too busy working on their career to date if she wants someone around her age or someone who's older, rich, and divorced and wants a "newer model" to upgrade to. But even then I don't think it will be easy, bc guys who want a young pretty girl will probably go younger and prettier and more blonde than Elle. Like I'm a month older than elle and we are too old to be gold diggers now, and that's just the facts, unless she gets a not so rich and meh looking older divorced guy.
I don't think she'll get the sort of guys that gold diggers usually go for because like you said, those guys will have lots of options and she wouldn't qualify on personality, capability, or looks there. I can see her with a tired, middle management guy whose ecstatic that he got out of an unhappy marriage and managed to find someone younger and decent looking after she scrubs up.

I don't think you or Elle are too old! I think if she was a true girl boss with a great personality, had a nicer body (and didn't have all those surgeries to just look "average"), I think women of any age can "do well" in the dating market. Your options as you get older may not be as broad as when you're in your 20s but lots of older men also consider a lot more than just looks when it comes to a life partner. They'll want someone whose interesting, pleasant to be around, and intelligent because those things matter when you're building a future. Smelley, however, is none of those things. The only thing she can do is "cuck guud pasta" in a unhygienic way and talk to her men in a baby voice while acting like an idiotic rodent.

Last edited:
Reactions: 13
Even her brunette “doll” friend married a man more than twenty years older and moved into that waterfront house and is mostly a stay at home gal who claims to run an interior design business (yet most of her examples of past work are just her own home), and we know that’s what Smelley wants.
And then there is the blonde Doll™ who has had five different blogging careers, the current one being cryptocurrency Chanel #girlboss realness. I'm not surprised Elle was friends (however superficial) with these women... they are all smoke and mirrors, no substance or actual hard work.

The one with the vineyard seems a bit insufferable and probably relies on her husband for money too. Unless selling online courses on passing sommelier exams is an extremely lucrative field! Their vineyard is tiny and she spends more time tasting the wine at other vineyards.

Elle is seething she can't follow in the footsteps of these ladies.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
And then there is the blonde Doll™ who has had five different blogging careers, the current one being cryptocurrency Chanel #girlboss realness. I'm not surprised Elle was friends (however superficial) with these women... they are all smoke and mirrors, no substance or actual hard work.

The one with the vineyard seems a bit insufferable and probably relies on her husband for money too. Unless selling online courses on passing sommelier exams is an extremely lucrative field! Their vineyard is tiny and she spends more time tasting the wine at other vineyards.

Elle is seething she can't follow in the footsteps of these ladies.
The "blonde" one is also a bottle blonde LOL. If you look her name up + lookbook, you'll see that she was a brunette wearing some things of a terribly questionable style in her younger days. No wonder her five "fashion and lifestyle" blogs didn't take off.

I don't know them personally but most of these girls that Elle hangs out with give off a low-key lazy, fake, gold-digging vibe. The only one that seems nice is the one whose husband owns a gym and seems to keep to herself, and doesn't try to be "internet famous."

I don't think she'll get the sort of guys that gold diggers usually go for because like you said, those guys will have lots of options and she wouldn't qualify on personality, capability, or looks there. I can see her with a tired, middle management guy whose ecstatic that he got out of an unhappy marriage and managed to find someone younger and decent looking after she scrubs up.

I don't think you or Elle are too old! I think if she was a true girl boss with a great personality, had a nicer body (and didn't have all those surgeries to just look "average"), I think women of any age can "do well" in the dating market. Your options as you get older may not be as broad as when you're in your 20s but lots of older men also consider a lot more than just looks when it comes to a life partner. They'll want someone whose interesting, pleasant to be around, and intelligent because those things matter when you're building a future. Smelley, however, is none of those things. The only thing she can do is "cuck guud pasta" in a unhygienic way and talk to her men in a baby voice while acting like an idiotic rodent.
Lol! I meant we are too old to get the kind of guys Elle wants. The nice looking older guy with money. They want women closer to their kids age than their own age. But you are right if Elle was more interested In different things and enjoyed learning and wasn't all about shopping and lifetime movies she's be able to do better and maybe closer to what she actually wants.

Lol! I meant we are too old to get the kind of guys Elle wants. The nice looking older guy with money. They want women closer to their kids age than their own age. But you are right if Elle was more interested In different things and enjoyed learning and wasn't all about shopping and lifetime movies she's be able to do better and maybe closer to what she actually wants.
Maybe Eleanor Florence Lecocq thinks she'll pull a Meghan Markle and meet a total idiot. :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Definitely doable but she needs to recognize that its an exchange where she's trading attractiveness for resources. Cold, but I am not going to moralize on that, I think if thats what someone wants to engage in they should be allowed to.

5 years ago she had more to trade and could thus demand more resources in the deal. Don't get me wrong, she still can look good, a lot of men find her body sexy, and you can dress her up and take her places. But, what also needs to be factored into the deal is there will be a point where the paint won't be enough to still make her look good. She's going to have Ginette's body. The things she brings to the deal are diminishing resources.

So sure she can't be a gold digger any more, you have to bring hotter years and more of them to the table for that. Maybe she can do ok as a bronze digger? Copper digger?

• Haha
Definitely doable but she needs to recognize that its an exchange where she's trading attractiveness for resources. Cold, but I am not going to moralize on that, I think if thats what someone wants to engage in they should be allowed to.

5 years ago she had more to trade and could thus demand more resources in the deal. Don't get me wrong, she still can look good, a lot of men find her body sexy, and you can dress her up and take her places. But, what also needs to be factored into the deal is there will be a point where the paint won't be enough to still make her look good. She's going to have Ginette's body. The things she brings to the deal are diminishing resources.

So sure she can't be a gold digger any more, you have to bring hotter years and more of them to the table for that. Maybe she can do ok as a bronze digger? Copper digger?
Problem with Elle is that she doesn’t have much to offer other than her overly done face (makeup + plastic surgery + Botox/fillers) and big jugs. Her body shape isn’t nice at all, and her personality is dreadful. And even what she has to offer isn’t that nice. It’s just better relative to the rest of her package.

I wonder if Elle has ever dated a foreigner before. The discussion about Elle's fake foreign status earlier made me wonder if dating an actual foreigner might work better for her.

--Main reason is that the foreigner might view Elle's annoying ways as cultural differences rather than her just being annoying. This would make her much more tolerable.

--Some cultures might be more traditional in that they take dating more seriously with the goal of marriage, not just casual dating. Casual dating and living together clearly hasn't worked for Elle.

--Some foreigners are pretty wealthy, I read something about how foreign buyers are pushing up real estate prices in the coastal cities (don't know if it's true though). And she could help him get citizenship (of course only if they truly love each other).

I wonder if Elle has ever dated a foreigner before. The discussion about Elle's fake foreign status earlier made me wonder if dating an actual foreigner might work better for her.

--Main reason is that the foreigner might view Elle's annoying ways as cultural differences rather than her just being annoying. This would make her much more tolerable.

--Some cultures might be more traditional in that they take dating more seriously with the goal of marriage, not just casual dating. Casual dating and living together clearly hasn't worked for Elle.

--Some foreigners are pretty wealthy, I read something about how foreign buyers are pushing up real estate prices in the coastal cities (don't know if it's true though). And she could help him get citizenship (of course only if they truly love each other).
If we're talking about the same type of foreigners that push up Vancouver and Seattle real estate prices because they're from wealthy families, Elle's gonna have no chance with them. Those guys almost always marry within their own culture (not just race, but specific country/culture) and if they don't, they like to go for tall, blue/green eyed, blonde, Scandinavian or Eastern European model types.

I feel like western Europeans (French, Belgian, etc.) are even more lax about marriage than those of us in North America so that's not gonna make for a quick marriage for Eleanor.

Last edited:
I was just thinking of foreigners in general, but don't doubt that is true.
I’m probably generalizing a bit here but I feel like in cultures where people date very seriously and marry quickly, they also tend to be much pickier about finding someone from the same culture with a similar background. If they’re foreign but date the same way people do in North America, then I don’t think she will have an easier time getting married. Language barriers and cultural differences will probably complicate things more often than not.

Reactions: 5
I don't think she would do well with a foreigner. If it was a Belgian/ French/ Italian man, they'd see right through her multicultural background BS 😂 the former two would speak much better French than her and the latter would have first-hand experience of Italian flavours, not just something she thinks is Italian because her grandmother cooked it 😂

I don't think that will be the case tho!

The wealthy foreigners you are talking about will largely be Middle-eastern/East Asian/South Asian. Elle is such a snob that she regards her European root so much superior than these cultures and will never ever consider dating a guy from such background.

No offense to people from such backgrounds, me myself is from that too! That's why I know how white snob girls Elle will never even see my tribe as the same creature as herself.

For rich European guys, someone pointed out they'll see right through Elle's BS LOL.

Reactions: 12
She's got her Nordstrom gift guide up:

@0:59: "Definitely check out the links in these videos that I include..." = please, please, please click my affiliate links cause I'm strapped for cash.

@2:19: "I'm a size two, true to size" - no you't not. STOP LYING.

More of the boring Halogen cashmere sweaters, Eliza J dresses, barefoot dreams blankets and sweaters. Can't believe she's still into leopard print (I thought that was a Rick/swampland thing?)

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Sounds like Special Someone was really the one who got away! ;)

• Haha
I feel like western Europeans (French, Belgian, etc.) are even more lax about marriage than those of us in North America so that's not gonna make for a quick marriage for Eleanor.
This.

I've been with a Dutchman for 6 years. We live together and have an extremely strong relationship. All of his friends are partnered up for 10+ years, and only his brother and sister and law are married. Marriage isn't really a "thing" where he's from, but he knows marriage is important to me and we'll be getting married before we move back from Italy to the US in two years or so. Also because he can't move to the US otherwise, lol.

European men (at least Western European men) would see right through Elle. For all her talk about how European she is, the only really European thing about her is her mom. And also how she likes to cook at home, which I find to be a really good habit. People do love to consume and buy things in Europe, of course, but not to the extent that Elle does. It's pathological. Also, European women tend not to "dress up" like she does.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.