Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

ccc123000

Chatty Member
Elle is a spendthrift for herself but cheap with her friends and partners.
Remember when she was wrapping presents for the Dolls and she was giving them jewelry she made (all of which looked like a 5th grader made it from one of those tween jewelry making kits)? Then she added one or two makeup "freebies" she redeemed with her Sephora VIB Rouge points. 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 10

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
... Your real estate ownership story is uncannily similar to mine (except for the husband part — I was the one with the requirements, not him. I taught him about investing and saving), like down to the owning, selling, and renting parts. Great engineer minds think alike? 😅
I think home ownership is great but not always possible or realistic for everyone. I live in a major city in Canada and the average house here is well over a million dollars which is a lot if you don't have help from parents or you're older/more established (I'm paying a much cheaper rent than market to my family because they're nice and didn't want anything from me, I just offered) and I have lots of friends who do struggle with that down payment if their families don't help out. With the unstable economy, lots of people also worry about their job security and having a guaranteed monthly expense that's on the higher end (i.e mortgage) would be way too much for some people and I do see some people moving out of my city as result of high real estate prices, and I really feel for them. When I lived abroad, it was even more expensive so I understand why some people don't want to or can't deal with that, especially if they are prone to moving. Dealing with tenants can be quite a nightmare as well.

All that being said, if Elle bought fewer ugly shoes and handbags and had just some help from Ginette, she would make A LOT of money from that investment. Vancouver real estate has gone insane and she would've stayed there for good without the Rickets disaster so it made a lot of sense. Poor investment decision for Elle looking back.

Last edited:
  • Heart

Drasticactions

VIP Member
I'm sorry but I dont understand why she has so many robes, I have a warm one for winter I wear over my pajamas in the house and a summer one that I honestly never use. Also she mentioned self tanning again. She used to swear that she didn't like tanning or self tanning bc she embraces her pale-ness. :rolleyes:

thecatlass

VIP Member
How is he planning to compensate for that nasty personality? 😆
He gave Smelle a roof over her head for several months, i don't think i could be around her more than an hour 😂

Comment on the robes video:

Girl In Torino
Why don't you say lingerie like a normal English speaker? We know it's a French word but it's also been adopted into English.

Elle Florence
I think it just seems weird to me because French is my native language - sometimes I do and sometimes I don’t ❤

According to Ginette Elle hasn’t spoken French since she was 5!
That passive aggressive ♥ she ends her comment with makes me wanna puke

• Haha
  • Heart

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
I didn't watch any videos with Dickles in it. I thought he was ultra creepy. Does this video still exist in our "archive" somewhere? Now I'm curious!
This was the engagement video and as far as I’m aware, no one has shared it yet. Would be great if we can get a copy of this though! It is comedy gold. 🤣

The best robes to work in from home???? Is she becoming a parody account?
It’s applicable to the kind of “work” Eleanor is currently working hard at...man-hunting. Easy to take on and off for certain activities. 😏😆

• Haha

Sheepsmeadow

THIS.

In today's world, you're not gonna make a great match (this sounds so 18th century England haha) because you can cook a few dishes and primp before going out. You either have a lot to offer as a person (great personality/character, very beautiful, very interesting) or you're successful financially (whether by your own merits or inheritance doesn't matter).

When a guy sees a woman who lives a stable life and maintains her own house, he thinks she'll make a good life partner and mother to his children because she's healthy and financially sound. When he sees a girl who pays other people to wash her dirty hair and buys a shit-ton of designer goods, she just seems high maintenance and expensive, and not in a good way.
Indeed. But I would also add that it would be to her own benefit to get her financial shit together, stop shopping like a maniac and buy some property — it shouldn’t be just so she can find a man.

MUALover

Chatty Member
I think when Elle first started off on youtube, she wasn't that bad. She lived with her mom in Victoria and moved into her 1 bed room apartment in Vancouver. She hauled at Walmart, Target and Michael Kors. She was kinda cute and relatable. If she had remained like that, stopped being so desperate with guys, worked hard at her job, continued working on finding a proper law job, and stopped moving around so much, she wouldn't be where she is today. Instead, what we're seeing is the self-destruction of a smart (book-smart) girl who was spoiled rotten by her mother and who makes very very poor life decisions. Remember, she's been on youtube since 2012 or something - almost what 8 years? She's shown very little growth in terms of her career or her life since then. If she continues, she's going to be a mess when she is old.

Last edited:
  • Heart

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Sorry if I am coming off as snobby. I have cheap, mall brand jewelry myself and most of the jewelry I own is more sentimental to me than actually valuable. But I definitely would not keep an ex’s gifted jewelry unless I knew it was super expensive...and even then I’d still try to see how much money I could make off it. 😂😂😈
I might be in the minority here but I usually keep whatever gifts my exes have given me and if it's a piece of clothing or jewelry, I wear it just like any other normal pieces (if I really like the item, I'll wear it more and vice versa). To me, if it's a nice item that I enjoy, I don't really associate it with the ex. That being said, I'm on good terms with the few exes that I do have and some of us are even friends and hang out occasionally and I've met their new partners, so maybe it's less controversial. If I was broken up with the way Smelley has been in her past few relationships, it's hard to say if I'd feel the same way.

LOL! What vlog was this?

Also does anyone have the tennis bracelet repair vlog?
I feel like it was a vlogmas one (someone help me out here, if you remember the exact video?) and she deleted or hid the tennis bracelet repair one (hopefully someone has it).

I don’t even think he went to a private jeweler. Sure, they’re much cheaper than going somewhere like Tiffany’s or Cartier, but they’re much more expensive than big box jewelers and mall stores.

I’m banking he went somewhere like Costco/Sam’s Club or Kay’s/Zales...or even Macy’s. There are a lot of places that sell yellow diamonds with the same setting.
I thought they couldn't find her exact ring (as in the number of small diamonds in the halo was different and the cut and luster was also quite different in the Tiffany rings vs. Smelley's ring?) and started questioning it, and then Smelley put up a story saying it was custom and how 8 was her favorite number and that's why it had 8 pave diamonds around the middle stone.

Either way, it was a pretty standard looking engagement ring and I agree with you that she could've found something in that style and those specifications easily from any big-box store.

Last edited:

notsoposh

VIP Member
She wants everyone to checkout her affiliate links in the description box because she’s taken quite a lot of time to link them 😒

• Sick

Katrina_AK_0099

When she was dating Joe she said she puts her jeans in the freezer, but she’s an idiot because that method is only for raw denim/selvedge jeans. I’m sure she’d hate wearing selvedge because those have no give at all, unlike the mall brand skinny jeans she sausages herself into. 😂
Freezing any item of clothing does nothing for killing bacteria. It does not remove odour, bacteria, or germs. Please ignore all the "fashion experts" who claim you don't need to wash your clothing. We need more science in this country, not dumbasses who think scientists know nothing about things like pandemics or bacteria! Not you, but people like Elle and Trump who think they know better than scientists.

As per the Cleveland Clinic and the Smithsonian:

Q: Just what are the nasties hiding in my jeans?
A:
Your jeans retain dead skin cells, oils from the skin, food and dirt that will help bacteria flourish during daily wear. Laundering is the only way to remove those germ magnets.

Do freezing temperatures sanitize laundry?
A:
Nope! To kill bacteria, you typically have to reach 80 degrees below freezing. Since freezers sit around zero to four degrees, that’s nowhere near cold enough.

OK, that’s gross. So, the bacteria and fungus you mention … what can they cause?
A:
Excess bacteria on your skin can cause folliculitis, an acne-like rash on your legs! Or, think about fungal infections or jock itch, for example. Let’s say you have a foot fungus and you put on your jeans. As you do, the fungal organism gets on your pant leg as you pull them up.

If you wear the jeans again and again, you may pass the fungus to your groin or thigh. Now you don’t just have foot fungus, you’ve got jock itch, too.

• Haha
  • Heart

Sheepsmeadow

I think Amie has way too many shoes and clothes but the place actually has a cohesive design theme. Elle could learn a bit about that!
Agree. I don’t like Amie’s style, but it is at least an actual style, so I can see why some may like it. Elle thinks her place is so unique because she mixes modern furniture with “antiques”. There’s actually a way to do eclectic style such that the place still looks cohesive. One way to start is by actually having nice furniture and not ugly “heirlooms” that should have never made it across the pond to begin with. Oh, and I like how Amie’s Smeg appliances are white and not that hideous teal color that only makes Elle’s countertops look cluttered.

• Haha

thecatlass

VIP Member
I also think it's tacky AF to put your shoes and handbags on display the way she does. I would MAYBE understand if she had some collector's items - discontinued, numbered pieces that have never been worn by anyone and were kept for show only. But putting heels that you wear regularly on top of furniture is gross.
And I agree it's a very nouveau riche thing to treat designer handbags and shoes as decorative objects. Better invest in some art or quality furniture that can become TRUE heirlooms, not some granny antique-styled table.

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
This is why I hate almost all luxury YouTubers, the ones shown in this thread included. Face it: the shit they wear looks tacky. I don't care if its LV, Gucci, Hermes or whatever... it looks disgusting and gauche to be dripping in logos. Wear your own damn name, not the name of some company that doesn't care about you and sells overpriced crap. The mindless consumption bothers me on a visceral level (though I of course don't say this out loud and in real life I am very "live and let live."). But I digress.

I came to Elle's channel because of her (admittedly quite good!) video on job interview fashion and formal workwear. I was ready to cheer for her, being a woman in a professional environment with a YouTube channel. So imagine my disappointment when I saw her channel is vapid consumerism taken up to 11.
I’m not judging them here but I get the impression that most fashion/style youtubers don’t come from money (very few are even nouveau riche) and are more hustlers who really enjoy designer goods and want to make a living out of YouTube. I’ve never expected much from them manners or behavior wise, but I do appreciate the ones who make high quality content that is interesting and comprehensive.

Princess Smelley, however, thinks she is ultra classy and better than other people, and doesn’t bother putting out decent content (her editing is atrocious or non existent!). She thinks her personality and “enviable #girlboss lifestyle” can carry her channel, which just isn’t true. It’s why she updated like clockwork while with Joe (esp. vlogs!) but barely bothered with Dickets and even now, because she knows she doesn’t have much to show off at this point in her life.

ccc123000

Chatty Member
I really like Ginette. She ain't the greatest mother in terms of giving Elle some much needed advice. But I've looked her up housing record online and she lived in modest but nice houses. She doesn't buy that many luxury bags (she has some). She spends money where it matters like Elle's education, experiences like eating out and travelling.

I just hope Elle won't blow through whatever inheritance she gets or else she grow old in poverty.
I like her, too. Sadly, I think she has spoilt her daughter rotten in her attempt to make up for the absence of a father figure in Eleanor's life. At least that's my theory.

Lovely

Chatty Member
I noticed she bought a Sweaty Betty jacket, making a point to say “it’s not cheap in England,” and her fake Barbour, while referring to Barbour as a “luxury British brand” (is it luxury even? I just grew up wearing it, as did many of my friends). Does she have a new British victim in the works? 😏
I wouldn't consider Barbour luxury – it's a very accessible brand that lots of people in the UK wear. It's totally middle-class IMO (which is fine!). I can imagine Elle prattling on about how she discovered lots of luxury British brands while she was at university in England. You know, back when it was European. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Thanks so much for this ! Yes! Youtubers make bank $$$

A close family Friend of mine has about 150k views on her blog per month (and is savvy about monetizing) and makes $10k+ / month from affiliates alone.

People severely underestimate how much influencers make & hence don’t realize how insidious their videos on shopping and materialism really are - they’re making a lot of easy money & they get to write off purchases as tax expense or just film hauls and return them

Plus Nordstrom actually sponsors people to do hauls / give big gift cards to influencers - including luxury high end retailers like far fetch and net a porter - so a lot of “hauls” are just free items anyways or heavily discounted
so true. I am happy to support YTers /bloggers/Etc who work hard and are genuine/ honest in products they recommend (sometimes, I really just need a rec for an eyeliner and if someone else has done the research, I will support their work by clicking on their links and using their codes), but these rampant hauls are very gross to me. Which is also why I could never make my channel go that route. It’s against my sense of ethics.

• Heart
Reactions: 9

thecatlass

VIP Member
Elle has the wrong impression of marriage. She expects a man to spoil her, to buy expensive things for her, to pay for her. But marriage is a partnership. Elle doesn't bring anything to the table so how does she expect her boyfriends to react?

This is despite the fact that Elle comes from money. If she contributed equally to the relationships (aka paid equally for the rent, purchased a property, bought her boyfriends decent gifts) they would have gone a lot better.
In short, she wants a dad, not a husband

He's a wanker but I almost don't blame him, I'd snap if I had to spend half an hour with her. He seemed nicer in some of the 2014 vlogmas.
I think we can all agree she must be extremely annoying if people she lives with (Joe, Chris) and also strangers (the passer-by or a cyclist in some vlog from 2017) are almost losing it and acting in such nasty ways towards her

Reactions: 9