Eleanor Florence Lecocq #9 Santa BeBe slip a jewel tone car under the tree for me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Elle is just lying because other people are asking how she affords her luxury bags and her lifestyle. What do you expect Elle to say? That mommy buys them for me or gives me handouts?

I don't know about Elle but at my workplace almost everyone buys coffee daily regularly - part of the work culture. It's also how people socialize with their colleagues.
Yeah, maybe by admitting she's more of a #leechdaughter than #girlboss, Smelle would have avoided threads upon threads of gossip being written about her 😂
What rubs people the wrong way is her arrogance and know-it-all attitude when she tries to convince her viewers that they too can afford 10 luxury purses once they stop their land-line and replace Starbucks coffee with a beverage made at home. It's a bit like those Cosmopolitan articles targeting millenials where the writer claims anyone can save for a house downpayment once they stop going out, eating avocado on toast and save $300 a month. Unrealistic and dumb is an understatement. And sure, you can save up for some Chanel clawsic handbag if you cut down your spending for several months but everyone knows that Smelle wasn't buying bags only. She was also buying tons of clothes, shoes, makeup, getting regular blowouts.

Fleur de Force never hid the fact her wealth comes from her family + youtube/brand collaborations. She may not organise Q&As disclosing family bank accounts but she doesn't pretend she bought a mansion furnished with antiques, a flat in London, several cars, by eating leftovers for lunch and washing her cashmere in a sink using soap instead of a detergent specifically for wool 🙄

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Yeah, maybe by admitting she's more of a #leechdaughter than #girlboss, Smelle would have avoided threads upon threads of gossip being written about her 😂
What rubs people the wrong way is her arrogance and know-it-all attitude when she tries to convince her viewers that they too can afford 10 luxury purses once they stop their land-line and replace Starbucks coffee with a beverage made at home. It's a bit like those Cosmopolitan articles targeting millenials where the writer claims anyone can save for a house downpayment once they stop going out, eating avocado on toast and save $300 a month. Unrealistic and dumb is an understatement. And sure, you can save up for some Chanel clawsic handbag if you cut down your spending for several months but everyone knows that Smelle wasn't buying bags only. She was also buying tons of clothes, shoes, makeup, getting regular blowouts.

Fleur de Force never hid the fact her wealth comes from her family + youtube/brand collaborations. She may not organise Q&As disclosing family bank accounts but she doesn't pretend she bought a mansion furnished with antiques, a flat in London, several cars, by eating leftovers for lunch and washing her cashmere in a sink using soap instead of a detergent specifically for wool 🙄
Even if Smelle simply said, I have a decent paying job and no kids/family to provide for. But she doesn't so obviously there's something shady going on. She either buys and returns a ton of stuff, has major cc debt or some kind of inheritance, and of course there's always mama G!

Reactions: 12
The thing is that Elle has never been “boujie” until around the Joe era. Previously she was scrimping and saving, outlet shopping, and while the superiority complex was always there the lifestyle had yet to catch up. Joe era was her peak. As speculated earlier in these threads, Joe covered the rent & her Pearl/Scarf business was at its peak. Honestly, youtubers and their businesses make a lot. Given Elle’s huge margins, if 300 karens that year bought stuff from her at a $100 profit margin, that’s an additional $30,000 on top of her probably 60-75k annual at MFDA. Affiliate links are also significant, for every 1000 subscribers (out of her huge database of videos and links) who click her link, she gets around $1-$10. And a few thousand bucks can certainly subsidize a lot of Nordstrom and Sephora hauls. there is also YouTube Adsense money. In addition, I doubt Elle is paying full taxes on her youtube and side businesses. An extra 30k a year on shopping makes a big difference, especially since Elle spends solely on herself and material items. She doesn’t travel or do fine dining on the regular, and is extremely cheap with others.
When she lost the MFDA day job, you could see the decrease in spending & coincides with her move to Florida. The loss of day job & expensive move certainly forced her to cut back. At the same time, because she lived with rickets, she at least didn’t pay rent. Rent is a big expense for most adults and not paying it definitely helps disposable income.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
The thing is that Elle has never been “boujie” until around the Joe era. Previously she was scrimping and saving, outlet shopping, and while the superiority complex was always there the lifestyle had yet to catch up. Joe era was her peak. As speculated earlier in these threads, Joe covered the rent & her Pearl/Scarf business was at its peak. Honestly, youtubers and their businesses make a lot. Given Elle’s huge margins, if 300 karens that year bought stuff from her at a $100 profit margin, that’s an additional $30,000 on top of her probably 60-75k annual at MFDA. Affiliate links are also significant, for every 1000 subscribers (out of her huge database of videos and links) who click her link, she gets around $1-$10. And a few thousand bucks can certainly subsidize a lot of Nordstrom and Sephora hauls. there is also YouTube Adsense money. In addition, I doubt Elle is paying full taxes on her youtube and side businesses. An extra 30k a year on shopping makes a big difference, especially since Elle spends solely on herself and material items. She doesn’t travel or do fine dining on the regular, and is extremely cheap with others.
When she lost the MFDA day job, you could see the decrease in spending & coincides with her expensive move to Florida. At the same time, because she lived with rickets, she at least didn’t pay rent. Rent is a big expense for most adults and not paying it definitely helps disposable income.
I'm glad if this were true. I'd hate for Ginette to ruin her retirement fund or her savings for Elle's nonsense. You'd think that after living for 6 months in Hawaii after her law internship and starting her MDFA job, and living the high life with Ginette, that would be enough for her and she'd get back to a regular life after going back to Vancouver. But no....apparently she is addicted to living the high life.

What baffles me is that why Elle expects her men to pay for the housing cost and she contribute nothing? But she calls herself a girlboss???

Reactions: 8
Elle is privileged in her circumstances. Affordable University in England as a EU citizen, education funded by Mama G to fall back on, Hawaii vacations and birthday gifts. But she’s certainly not the wealthy heiress / socialite type she desperately wants to be! She has a huge complex about this - not having designer items when she was in high school, not being popular etc. I do believe a lot of her extra spending money comes from her YouTube scams, and that’s why she genuinely believes she’s some kind of girl boss and she “earned” it. That being said, her ability to maximize everything for herself is incredible. No matter her circumstances, she manages to be extremely cheap with others and always finds a way to milk men and her mother for more material items 😆

I'm glad if this were true. I'd hate for Ginette to ruin her retirement fund or her savings for Elle's nonsense. You'd think that after living for 6 months in Hawaii after her law internship and starting her MDFA job, and living the high life with Ginette, that would be enough for her and she'd get back to a regular life after going back to Vancouver. But no....apparently she is addicted to living the high life.

What baffles me is that why Elle expects her men to pay for the housing cost and she contribute nothing? But she calls herself a girlboss???
yeah it’s like she never learnt to be a decent human being. I think she loveeessss being an only child and never learnt to share. she was really cheap with Joe while non stop splurging on herself, and also took over the entire apartment. We’ve also seen her gift rodents to Joe’s parents while not being embarrassed to ship a mountain of shopping to their house. She gifted Sephora samples to her friends or her own scarves. Even for mama G, she hardly buys her anything nice. This year she got her the cheap air fryer. Even if there are other gifts to come, She could have gotten a nicer model for the air fryer.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
That boujie is a thing because the greater internet doesn't know the spelling or the derivative of bougie. Just assumed the obvious spelling would be with a g. Maybe I'm too old and not understanding some pop culture thing.

Also this thread is just blazing and I cannot keep up lol

• Haha
Reactions: 11
The other notable part of Elle’s consumerism is her shopping addiction. You can’t really evaluate Elle’s economic status as her actions are not logical or commensurate to her disposable income. We’ve seen the manic eyes, the crazy need to buy multiples on discount, the choice to spend most of her holiday or weekend trip time at outlets. She has also admitted several times she’s a spender not a saver. While we criticize her for buying second hand and ugly luxury bags, I’m not sure if she can even help herself. she probably knows it’s better to buy one Chanel classic flap, but she prefers to buy 2 off season boy bags on the preloved market and throw in some YSL on sale. The quantity of items also helps with her illusions of grandeur, and it does fool most people at first glance. Image is everything to her. This is why a lot of her words & actions don’t match up. I think she actually is trying to “save” by not getting coffee and bringing lunch to work. But she’s primarily driven by the high shopping gives her. Hence the 3 briefcases. it was honestly scary to see her want to cut the tag of the preloved YSL bag, and Ginette had to remind her to first check if her laptop even fit?!! She also has ZERO regard for other people’s money. Since Ginette bought her that as a gift, she doesnt think twice to cut off the tag. Meanwhile for her own Nordstrom purchases, or that 10 ponte pants video, she is extremely picky & has no qualms ordering a mountain of stuff and returning the rest after trying them on and evaluating its merits ...

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
My husband is a litigation lawyer in Canada and he used to work at a firm that’s comparable to Elle’s new firm, so I’d like to share some thoughts.

1. It’s a legit type of law firm, especially when it comes to lawyers who focus on small businesses and criminal law.

2. I don’t think she’s a salary employee and there’s no official employees in this firm - notice there’s no “careers” page or hiring info anywhere. The offices are super small and mostly likely are hot desks because the lawyers are always at the court or meeting clients outside. They most likely follow a “fee splitting” rule.

3. As for how busy is the work in a fee splitting partnership - it depends. One thing for sure is that there’s no stable salary/income. There’s busy time and beach time. It totally depends on the cases.

4. I don’t know the fee splitting rule in Elle’s firm, but here’s how it worked at my husband’s firm. He’s responsible for bringing his own clients, he pays 20-40% of the lawyer fee he gets to the firm. He’s eligible to use all the shared office space and supplies, and gets mentorship from senior lawyers and partners. He occasionally gets work from other lawyers when they need his expertises in certain field, like writing a research memo or do a simple application. He gets some “fee split” from these kind of work but also need to split fees with the firm or other lawyers. You don’t have to be called to the bar for bringing clients or writing memos, and it pays by hour or a flat fee.

5. The income totally depends. It’s great sometimes, but there were 4 months when my husband only had legal aid cases and made about $1000 a month.

I don’t know how Elle’s firm works, but I suspect it’s close to something like this. I’m not defending her, just sharing some thoughts about her new job. Personally, I think it fits her goal and lifestyle pretty good - flexible, no big pressure and looks good on paper.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
She has also admitted several times she’s a spender not a saver. While we criticize her for buying second hand and ugly luxury bags, I’m not sure if she can even help herself. she probably knows it’s better to buy one Chanel classic flap, but she prefers to buy 2 off season boy bags on the preloved market and throw in some YSL on sale. The quantity of items also helps with her illusions of grandeur, and it does fool most people at first glance. Image is everything to her.
I totally agree. I follow 2 other real girl bosses on youtube and instagram. One of them has 1 Chanel boy bag and 1 Cartier love bracelet that she wears ALL the time. That's it. She has no other "luxury items" - maybe Longchamp nylon bag for work but I didn't count that. She uses the same bag and bracelet in every Instagram post.

The other one has 2-3 luxury bags (LV and Chloe...both of which are much cheaper than Chanel). She makes $1 million per year easily.

Reactions: 6
Ahahaha Mr. Six Heads. I think it was originally meant as a play on the word “forehead” (sounds like “four-head”), but I LOVE “Mr. Six Heads” too!
Sorry if this was said already- I'm still reading to catch up. IDK if you've heard of a five-head (the idea being larger than a forehead/fourhead), but the impression I got from the OP was that he had a lot of forehead real estate. She saw them in person, if I remember correctly.

Thinking on this 🤔 instead of Smelle's 1-2-3, maybe I should use 4-5-6 on here!

• Haha
Reactions: 13
My husband is a litigation lawyer in Canada and he used to work at a firm that’s comparable to Elle’s new firm, so I’d like to share some thoughts.

1. It’s a legit type of law firm, especially when it comes to lawyers who focus on small businesses and criminal law.

2. I don’t think she’s a salary employee and there’s no official employees in this firm - notice there’s no “careers” page or hiring info anywhere. The offices are super small and mostly likely are hot desks because the lawyers are always at the court or meeting clients outside. They most likely follow a “fee splitting” rule.

3. As for how busy is the work in a fee splitting partnership - it depends. One thing for sure is that there’s no stable salary/income. There’s busy time and beach time. It totally depends on the cases.

4. I don’t know the fee splitting rule in Elle’s firm, but here’s how it worked at my husband’s firm. He’s responsible for bringing his own clients, he pays 20-40% of the lawyer fee he gets to the firm. He’s eligible to use all the shared office space and supplies, and gets mentorship from senior lawyers and partners. He occasionally gets work from other lawyers when they need his expertises in certain field, like writing a research memo or do a simple application. He gets some “fee split” from these kind of work but also need to split fees with the firm or other lawyers. You don’t have to be called to the bar for bringing clients or writing memos, and it pays by hour or a flat fee.

5. The income totally depends. It’s great sometimes, but there were 4 months when my husband only had legal aid cases and made about $1000 a month.

I don’t know how Elle’s firm works, but I suspect it’s close to something like this. I’m not defending her, just sharing some thoughts about her new job. Personally, I think it fits her goal and lifestyle pretty good - flexible, no big pressure and looks good on paper.
Thank you so much for this insight! It seems like the gist of our speculations was spot on, especially in regards to these points:

"He’s responsible for bringing his own clients, he pays 20-40% of the lawyer fee he gets to the firm."

"I don’t think she’s a salary employee and there’s no official employees in this firm - notice there’s no “careers” page or hiring info anywhere. The offices are super small and mostly likely are hot desks because the lawyers are always at the court or meeting clients outside. They most likely follow a “fee splitting” rule."

Given she hasn't even taken the Washington state bar (as far as we're aware...someone had checked earlier given it's public information so it may have changed by this point but I doubt it) and can't practice, this makes complete sense. A lot of us thought that she got this "job" to make herself look busy and more "legit" on paper, and that she's essentially parking her license there for show because she's unlikely to ever bring in clients given she's never practiced as a lawyer. Looks like we were spot on big picture wise about Eleonore F Lecocq.

• Heart
So I just saw that this other YouTuber who I believe was pretty popular/famous (Stephanie Nicole) just did a robe video, ala Elle. She also I think has had some hard times and not really very active on youtube (although I honestly don't follow her and kinda forgot about her until this video was "suggested" to me). Maybe Elle started a new genre of videos.

Reactions: 2
My impression was they ate out sporadically and went to some of those buffet places during happy hour or something. I don't think they eat out more than many of my friends or colleagues.
When Smelle dated Joe, they went to upmarket restaurants maybe twice a year, other times it was either Asian takeout or some pizza/taco places.
There was a time in my life when I went to fancy restaurants at least once a week and it was great, I'd love for the pandemic to end so I can attend these places again.
This may be a case where Elle pulls off the faux-high-class act. Going to the certain restaurants but buying the cheap things or going later.

I'm all for saving money. It's just with Elle, she wants the bragability factor, even if she never purchased what she claimed. Rich by association.

Last edited:
Thank you so much for this insight! It seems like the gist of our speculations was spot on, especially in regards to these points:

"He’s responsible for bringing his own clients, he pays 20-40% of the lawyer fee he gets to the firm."

"I don’t think she’s a salary employee and there’s no official employees in this firm - notice there’s no “careers” page or hiring info anywhere. The offices are super small and mostly likely are hot desks because the lawyers are always at the court or meeting clients outside. They most likely follow a “fee splitting” rule."

Given she hasn't even taken the Washington state bar (as far as we're aware...someone had checked earlier given it's public information so it may have changed by this point but I doubt it) and can't practice, this makes complete sense. A lot of us thought that she got this "job" to make herself look busy and more "legit" on paper, and that she's essentially parking her license there for show because she's unlikely to ever bring in clients given she's never practiced as a lawyer. Looks like we were spot on big picture wise about Eleonore F Lecocq.
Yup. I want to add that my husband's firm's investment of taking a new lawyer/paralegal in is minimal. There's no strict interview process. It usually includes some business cards, a pair of keys and a headshot. 😂 In his words, they're just sole practitioners who share an office and a receptionist.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 15
I totally agree. I follow 2 other real girl bosses on youtube and instagram. One of them has 1 Chanel boy bag and 1 Cartier love bracelet that she wears ALL the time. That's it. She has no other "luxury items" - maybe Longchamp nylon bag for work but I didn't count that. She uses the same bag and bracelet in every Instagram post.

The other one has 2-3 luxury bags (LV and Chloe...both of which are much cheaper than Chanel). She makes $1 million per year easily.
Will you share the names with us? I’d love to b check out their content.

Reactions: 2
https://www.realtor.com/realestatea...nora-St_Seattle_WA_98121_M93324-13621#photo45

So I googled Elle's apartment and I swear to god the apartment is actually really nice. On Realtor.com the units are very airy and light. I don't know what Elle's issues are with decorating that her apartment looks like a haunted place.

I know where Elle lives and that’s not her apartment. It’s a small world and one of my friends lives in her apartment complex. It’s definitely not a luxury apt 🤷🏼‍♀️

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
I would just like to say how every vlogmas each year is a downgrade from the previous year, with this year being no exception.
I love how she essentially doesn't have real work, no real, significant orders, with nothing to do during the pandemic, and she can't even deliver a consistent schedule.
It's amost Christmas and she is far behind.

Maybe she's feeling "unwell" again?

• Haha
This shared office theory makes a lot of sense. Most actual law firms are named by lawyers' last names, whereas this firm has a random word as their name. I wonder if that has to do with the shared office arrangement too (if you put lawyers in the firm name, then those lawyers could potentially be liable for the fee-sharing lawyers, because the public would think that the fee-sharing lawyers work for them?)

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.