Eleanor Florence Lecocq #9 Santa BeBe slip a jewel tone car under the tree for me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's not fun to go to restaurants alone. I don't think Mamma G has that many friends she goes out to eat with (or Elle for that matter apart from her dates). They keep each other company.
It depends. I'd rather go on my own and enjoy delicious food than put up with annoying company.

Reactions: 11
It depends. I'd rather go on my own and enjoy delicious food than put up with annoying company.
I can see why Elle and Ginette hang out together constantly and have no friends. Elle goes without explanation. Ginette seems a little dim. Most people are struggling to get through this pandemic, other people Elle's age are saving up, busy working, busy adulting. They don't have all this free time on their hands or money to be constantly eating out. Maybe 1-2 fancy meals out every week (I'm not going to count fast food, subs, coffee, lunches from cafeteria at work, etc...a lot of people I know buy lunch or dinner everyday because they are busy so I understand) if even that but Elle and Ginette were basically eating out 2-3 times a day in Hawaii at pretty fancy places, before this lockdown happened. They also have a lot of free time on their hands.

Don't get me started on how Elle and Ginette only ate at hotel buffets. Those buffets are very top of the line ones costing over $100 USD per person. The Orchid at the Kahala were E and G frequently went, their buffets are at $115 per person. They also ate the Chef's tasting menu at one of the best restaurants on Honolulu. Not sure about the cost but usually those range upwards of $200 per person without alcohol. If you bugeted wisely, $115 is a person's entire week's food budget.

Not sure anyone can tolerate hanging out with them for long.

Reactions: 6
I can see why Elle and Ginette hang out together constantly and have no friends. Elle goes without explanation. Ginette seems a little dim. Most people are struggling to get through this pandemic, other people Elle's age are saving up, busy working, busy adulting. They don't have all this free time on their hands or money to be constantly eating out. Maybe 1-2 fancy meals out every week (I'm not going to count fast food, subs, coffee, lunches from cafeteria at work, etc...a lot of people I know buy lunch or dinner everyday because they are busy so I understand) if even that but Elle and Ginette were basically eating out 2-3 times a day in Hawaii at pretty fancy places, before this lockdown happened. They also have a lot of free time on their hands.

Don't get me started on how Elle and Ginette only ate at hotel buffets. Those buffets are very top of the line ones costing over $100 USD per person. The Orchid at the Kahala were E and G frequently went, their buffets are at $115 per person. They also ate the Chef's tasting menu at one of the best restaurants on Honolulu. Not sure about the cost but usually those range upwards of $200 per person without alcohol. If you bugeted wisely, $115 is a person's entire week's food budget.

Not sure anyone can tolerate hanging out with them for long.
My impression was they ate out sporadically and went to some of those buffet places during happy hour or something. I don't think they eat out more than many of my friends or colleagues.
When Smelle dated Joe, they went to upmarket restaurants maybe twice a year, other times it was either Asian takeout or some pizza/taco places.
There was a time in my life when I went to fancy restaurants at least once a week and it was great, I'd love for the pandemic to end so I can attend these places again.

Reactions: 13
And to be honest, I think I have more empathy for people who love great food and don't scrimp on eating out than obsessive hoarders of out of season bags and cashmere.

Reactions: 19
Wow, I finally watched that latest vlog and it is so nuts. Her "car buying journey" as she calls it is as ludacris as the way she says cher-oh-key. First, why was she looking at cars years ago when she didn't have a license? Second, does she even have a driver's license in Washington (she has only really been their during lockdown so I can't see how)? Do they let her test drive on a foreign license? Also, hey luxury dealerships usually aren't the hounding type (that's what most people LIKE about them). I helped my Mom get a Hyundai years ago (as she can't really afford much) and I remember how super annoying that dealership was compared to when my husband and I bought our Volvo, which I know is not luxury but still nice enough (the Volvo salesman actually LEFT right when we were ready to buy the car because his shift was over and let us leave and research prices while he just emailed us the next day with his best offer). They were night and day.

Also, she is surprised people like black leather interiors? Seriously? And wouldn't Seattle be similar to Vancouver in terms of driving? I wanted to move there because I figured it wasn't necessary to have a car. I agree people in the US drive a lot but not usually in cities like Seattle, New York, San Francisco, etc. (Florida, sure).

• Heart
Wow, I finally watched that latest vlog and it is so nuts. Her "car buying journey" as she calls it is as ludacris as the way she says cher-oh-key. First, why was she looking at cars years ago when she didn't have a license? Second, does she even have a driver's license in Washington (she has only really been their during lockdown so I can't see how)? Do they let her test drive on a foreign license? Also, hey luxury dealerships usually aren't the hounding type (that's what most people LIKE about them). I helped my Mom get a Hyundai years ago (as she can't really afford much) and I remember how super annoying that dealership was compared to when my husband and I bought our Volvo, which I know is not luxury but still nice enough (the Volvo salesman actually LEFT right when we were ready to buy the car because his shift was over and let us leave and research prices while he just emailed us the next day with his best offer). They were night and day.

Also, she is surprised people like black leather interiors? Seriously? And wouldn't Seattle be similar to Vancouver in terms of driving? I wanted to move there because I figured it wasn't necessary to have a car. I agree people in the US drive a lot but not usually in cities like Seattle, New York, San Francisco, etc. (Florida, sure).

Coming from a tourist, so take with a grain of salt, but I found that a car was needed in both Seattle and SF. NY has amazing public transportation or you could easily walk everywhere. I didn't rent a car in Seattle and regretted it. Downtown was fine to just walk or take public transportation, but if you wanted to go outside, I definitely felt a car was needed. SF, still prefer to have a car. The bart is good at certain points, but its timing is limited imo. I still think this is a good move for her if she wants to hike more (how ever often that is)

Reactions: 8
Coming from a tourist, so take with a grain of salt, but I found that a car was needed in both Seattle and SF. NY has amazing public transportation or you could easily walk everywhere. I didn't rent a car in Seattle and regretted it. Downtown was fine to just walk or take public transportation, but if you wanted to go outside, I definitely felt a car was needed. SF, still prefer to have a car. The bart is good at certain points, but its timing is limited imo. I still think this is a good move for her if she wants to hike more (how ever often that is)
I think you are right about Seattle. Granted I haven’t been there in years, but I thought it was difficult to get around without a car. I was visiting a friend who lived outside the city and used the train to get downtown; it was still a pain to get around by foot. SF I also haven’t been to in an extremely long time but I could see where it would be convenient to have a car. The only cities I thought I could get around without a car easily were NYC and Tokyo...maybe Philly. I think London is the same and was supposed to go this past year but I won’t know that anytime soon.

Still it is pretty weird she wants a car NOW especially when she lived in Vancouver for multiple years without one. Hopefully whatever hiking phase she’s into lasts longer than the guy she’s with.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Something I find really unrealistic is how long Elle takes to cook her dinners and other meals from scratch a lot of the times. Especially on lockdown, when she was in her Seattle Air BnB she was cooking the whole day. She's start filming around noon and wouldn't be finished cooking until it was dark outside - like when she was trying out Alison Roman's recipes from the NYT and she only made lunch and dinner. It's so unrealistic because most working people want the weekends to relax (even if WFH) and do other things. Not to mention if you have children.

Also sometimes, when she was working at her MDFA job, she'd leave at around 4 pm, exercise, cook up a storm and wouldn't be actually eating until really late (well past 8 pm. Once she said she ate her first bite at 10 pm). That's crazy and totally unrealistic. That is what food prep is for, even if you prepped just the night before like made your own pasta or some marinade.

Most times when I am cooking after work, I just put some thing in the oven from Costco along with some chopped up some vegetables and potatoes and put the left overs for lunch the next day. It takes 30 minutes max.

Not sure Elle is the most organized person (time and possessions) despite what she says.
I'll respectfully disagree with this. Keeping all my reservations for Elle aside, I do find Elle organized in her cooking / meal-prep. At one point, those were the only videos I watched because I got good time-saving ideas from her work lunch prep and weeknight dinners. The video where she was making bread for almost the whole day is when she made focaccia from scratch for the first time, so it makes sense that took longer and she did whatever jewelry making she does in the process. She was also without a day job at that point, so not entirely impractical to try a somewhat complex, new recipe during daytime.

I totally understand why some people prefer simple, quick meals because my husband is also built that way. I'm not though so I can't fault Elle for spending more time cooking even if that doesn't seem entirely practical to others. I regularly work 65+ hours a week, but most weeks I still plan in advance and spend a little more time to cook something I love and find comforting because good food truly lifts my spirits. I think it's the same for Elle because while other things she does might shift with the guy she is dating, spending time on cooking / baking is a constant in her life.

I would also add my two cents on other gossip I have notice getting repeated in the threads on gg and here. Elle does like country music and bbq. She said that multiple times in very old tag types of videos on her channel and in passing in other videos (old hk vlogs). She also has always liked casual hiking and running. Her old videos from 6+ years might still be up but I clearly remember her hiking and running vlogs from Vancouver. She did huge and frequent Lululemon hauls (eye roll) around the time she ran her first 5k that's why I remember this.

Reactions: 4
I'll respectfully disagree with this. Keeping all my reservations for Elle aside, I do find Elle organized in her cooking / meal-prep. At one point, those were the only videos I watched because I got good time-saving ideas from her work lunch prep and weeknight dinners. The video where she was making bread for almost the whole day is when she made focaccia from scratch for the first time, so it makes sense that took longer and she did whatever jewelry making she does in the process. She was also without a day job at that point, so not entirely impractical to try a somewhat complex, new recipe during daytime.

I totally understand why some people prefer simple, quick meals because my husband is also built that way. I'm not though so I can't fault Elle for spending more time cooking even if that doesn't seem entirely practical to others. I regularly work 65+ hours a week, but most weeks I still plan in advance and spend a little more time to cook something I love and find comforting because good food truly lifts my spirits. I think it's the same for Elle because while other things she does might shift with the guy she is dating, spending time on cooking / baking is a constant in her life.

I would also add my two cents on other gossip I have notice getting repeated in the threads on gg and here. Elle does like country music and bbq. She said that multiple times in very old tag types of videos on her channel and in passing in other videos (old hk vlogs). She also has always liked casual hiking and running. Her old videos from 6+ years might still be up but I clearly remember her hiking and running vlogs from Vancouver. She did huge and frequent Lululemon hauls (eye roll) around the time she ran her first 5k that's why I remember this.
I thought the only music she likes are Disney film soundtracks 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
I thought the only music she likes are Disney film soundtracks 🤣🤣🤣
Isn’t Elle “trained in classic opera?” 🤣🤣

All jokes aside, Elle mentioning she’s hiked in Hong Kong before is not indicative of someone whose into hiking. I’ve been there before and a college classmate of mine lives there as well, and literally everyone hikes there somewhat regularly, because it’s the thing to do there. The equivalent would be people who live in Switzerland and have gone skiing before.

And wasn’t her hiking/camping vlog in Vancouver with Joe and featuring the La Mer tent disaster? Also going for a hike once in a while in the Pacific Northwest is equally common as it is in Hong Kong. I wouldn’t say it’s indicative of her interests given she doesn’t go regularly during her free time nor does she seem to know anything about the best hiking trails, proper hiking gear, or what kind of food to pack for hikes.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
And to be honest, I think I have more empathy for people who love great food and don't scrimp on eating out than obsessive hoarders of out of season bags and cashmere.
Me too. I will defend people who spend a lot of money on food because it is important. Spending on clutter is another thing.

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Born and raised in the PNW and lived in Seattle for many years, visit regularly, and I wouldn’t be without a car, in fact I don’t know anyone who is without a car living there. I didn’t live downtown, but lived in districts very close to downtown ie; Fremont, Magnolia, Green Lake, and commuted by bus to work on First Hill/downtown. To do anything you really need a car. You could get by without one but you would be dependent on Uber and friends.

Getting a luxury vehicle for her first car is ridiculous and she’s only getting one for clout because she’s a pampered little princess and no guy is attracted to that, at least long term. I’d have more respect if she bought a Nissan or Toyota and carried the car note herself, but the entitled snob carries on and give us more material to bond over! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 14

All jokes aside, Elle mentioning she’s hiked in Hong Kong before is not indicative of someone whose into hiking. I’ve been there before and a college classmate of mine lives there as well, and literally everyone hikes there somewhat regularly, because it’s the thing to do there. The equivalent would be people who live in Switzerland and have gone skiing before.

And wasn’t her hiking/camping vlog in Vancouver with Joe and featuring the La Mer tent disaster? Also going for a hike once in a while in the Pacific Northwest is equally common as it is in Hong Kong. I wouldn’t say it’s indicative of her interests given she doesn’t go regularly during her free time nor does she seem to know anything about the best hiking trails, proper hiking gear, or what kind of food to pack for hikes.
No, I’m not referring to the vlog with Joe. I’m referring to vlogs when she was in Hong Kong and when she first settled in Vancouver. I think one or two of those vlogs are still up from 2011/2012. I remember this vividly because at the same time I had started college and got into running & hiking with my college roommate. Both of us used to watch her earlier vlogs because she talked about her runs and hikes. I think it stopped when she started dating Chris, or at least that’s how we remember it.

Reactions: 3
Been a lurker for a long time and this is my first time posting. I don't think anyone brought this up before and this might seem like I am digressing from the current discussion, but watching her vlogs, one thing that is super obvious to me is that she showers a lot of love and affection only on Bebe. I have only seen her pet the ragdoll. I feel like she is not even into the Bengal cat Sammie. Never have I once seen in recent times her touch that cat. I feel that cat was adopted only to impress rick back in the day when she was living with him in Florida. Now I am not sure if she even wants to keep the other cat but it is too late. What will she tell her subscribers? And the job of the Bengal cat 'Sammie' seems to be keeping Bebe company.

And on another unrelated discussion, her giveaway is so expensive. That Wolf jewelry case(size large) retails up to $755(atleast $650 minimum from other venues). And then she is adding David Yurman bracelet along with her own designs into it. The green onyx bracelet retails $575(atleast $400 from other sites). Not sure if she really has a paying job(other than her businesses). I have to say maybe she is trying to overcompensate and maybe try to increase her stagnant list of subscribers by doing a high priced giveaway. This has go to be the most she did for a giveaway ever. And she was also mentioning how it is almost impossible now to make daily vlogs as compared to when she was working fulltime. I am pretty sure she has no real job other than the business and just does not have content to show. She might be dating someone but after so many disastrous relationships, she wouldn't want to show the man until she locks it down. And as far as the business goes wish she was a real artist and learns some skills. The kind of projects she does are all basically just assembling things and no real jewelry making involved. :rolleyes:

Last edited:
  • Heart
No, I’m not referring to the vlog with Joe. I’m referring to vlogs when she was in Hong Kong and when she first settled in Vancouver. I think one or two of those vlogs are still up from 2011/2012. I remember this vividly because at the same time I had started college and got into running & hiking with my college roommate. Both of us used to watch her earlier vlogs because she talked about her runs and hikes. I think it stopped when she started dating Chris, or at least that’s how we remember it.
Elle is a fairweather hiker and runner. Running a 5k and hiking once a year hardly qualifies you a hiker or a runner. I have tons of friends who are on the same boat and would NEVER spend $50k+ on a vehicle for "hiking" Elle needs new shoes and a new backpack before she carriers her nasty ass up mountains because her little non ankle supporting running shoes will not do for hikes most of the season here. She would know that if she was a real hiker in BC that most of the mountains are covered in snow except two-three months out of the year. Eleanor is a JOKE and a shell of a human that adapts to whatever people who wants to affiliate with.

As for cars, I am also from Seattle and I didn't need a car for the first two years here. My office was a few blocks away and whenever I needed a car I rented one via zip to go hiking. I hike every weekend or go trail running so I have since invested in a car, but clearance was a big question for me at the dealership. Q5 and especially Q3 have HORRIBLE clearance. She won't even make it to her beloved Hidden Lake Lookout with either cars. Most of my non hiking friends don't have cars because they use the bus to get to work or their company has a shuttle that picks them up. Elle is a grifter that wants to come off as Elle Woods, but she's going to be a turkey necked sperm brow Ginette look alike living alone with her mom.

Elle if you're reading this. 📢Stop bleeping and making out with men in Seattle 📢 there is a Pandemic!!!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
From my memory, in regards to her liking country music, she's been a Dolly Parton fan for a while. She played it while getting ready for her birthday during the Joe Era. Plus at one point she mentions reading a magazine because Dolly Parton was being interviewed.

As far as hiking, she's recorded one hike with Chris and a handful with Joe, and I guess she mentioned going in HK. She may not be Joe level outdoorsy, but it does seem to be a fairly consistent pastime in her recorded history. She's just a very prissy hiker who mainly goes with a partner, like her travels.

Maybe now that she's older, she's leaning into it more.
Her main efforts at transforming herself for a man was becoming more boujie for Chris, a sad attempt at quirky humor for Joe, and being frugal for Rick.

Reactions: 10

She probably yodels because she's Belgian.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
This is my thing with Smelle, she makes it seem like she’s SO discerning with too many things. Then, her reasons are so shallow they don't make sense and she sounds like an arrogant asshole. Like many of us IRL I don't care what people choose to do with their money, Elle is entertainment at this point, but she keeps failing to realize her part in all the hate watching. Not sure if the comment is still there, but she replied to the person who quoted my comment from this thread (that wasn't me btw lol) saying something about "watching the cents and the dollars take care of themselves". Which I found pretty funny considering she tries so hard to make it seem like everything she rents, owns, buys or eats is expensive and high quality. I wonder where she actually takes measures to save those pennies?? :unsure:

Last edited:
Reactions: 16
This is my thing with Smelle, she makes it seem like she’s SO discerning with too many things. Then, her reasons are so shallow they don't make sense and she sounds like an arrogant asshole. Like many of us IRL I don't care what people choose to do with their money, Elle is entertainment at this point, but she keeps failing to realize her part in all the hate watching. Not sure if the comment is still there, but she replied to the person who quoted my comment from this thread (that wasn't me btw lol) saying something about "watching the cents and the dollars take care of themselves". Which I found pretty funny considering she tries so hard to make it seem like everything rents, owns, buys or eats is expensive and high quality. I wonder where she actually takes measures to save those pennies?? :unsure:
Right! If money is that tight why is she buying a third expensive briefcase. She makes no sense. I was watching old vlogmas videos when she was with chris and she clearly states " I don't get take out coffee every morning bc that's expensive, if you were wondering how I save for luxury goods"

When really if buying the expensive good means you can't afford a 5 dollar coffee sometimes or you have to buy chicken thighs "bc it is cheaper" then you really can't afford the expensive goods in my opinion. If she just said she likes chicken thighs I wouldn't have thought twice about it. Sure if you go out to eat for lunch every day, and get a take out coffee and get your nails done every two weeks etc that all does add up. And if there is stuff you really need or want sure forgoing that is fine.

I think she just doesn't like to spend money on tit she can't brag about. She can't brag to people about her expensive food or doesn't see that as something brag worthy so she cuts corners there.

When really if buying the expensive good means you can't afford a 5 dollar coffee sometimes or you have to buy chicken thighs "bc it is cheaper" then you really can't afford the expensive goods in my opinion. If she just said she likes chicken thighs I wouldn't have thought twice about it. Sure if you go out to eat for lunch every day, and get a take out coffee and get your nails done every two weeks etc that all does add up. And if there is stuff you really need or want sure forgoing that is fine.
I think Elle is just lying because other people are asking how she affords her luxury bags and her lifestyle. What do you expect Elle to say? That mommy buys them for me or gives me handouts?

I don't know about Elle but at my workplace almost everyone buys coffee daily regularly - part of the work culture. It's also how people socialize with their colleagues.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.