Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

MUALover

Chatty Member
When really if buying the expensive good means you can't afford a 5 dollar coffee sometimes or you have to buy chicken thighs "bc it is cheaper" then you really can't afford the expensive goods in my opinion. If she just said she likes chicken thighs I wouldn't have thought twice about it. Sure if you go out to eat for lunch every day, and get a take out coffee and get your nails done every two weeks etc that all does add up. And if there is stuff you really need or want sure forgoing that is fine.
I think Elle is just lying because other people are asking how she affords her luxury bags and her lifestyle. What do you expect Elle to say? That mommy buys them for me or gives me handouts?

I don't know about Elle but at my workplace almost everyone buys coffee daily regularly - part of the work culture. It's also how people socialize with their colleagues.

Last edited:
Reactions: 5

MUALover

Chatty Member
Does she not even have a desktop at work that she needs to tote this computer back and forth? Why was her pink everlane okay at her BC job but it isn't now....
I'm not sure how law offices work but I can say I don't like using desktops at work. At my work place, IT can see EVERYTHING saved on your computer, every key stroke you type, every email you send....

No thanks. I bring my laptop for work every day because I can't take the snooping. I have nothing important or bad on it. I also use personal email accounts for non-work related things.

MUALover

Chatty Member
Something I find really unrealistic is how long Elle takes to cook her dinners and other meals from scratch a lot of the times. Especially on lockdown, when she was in her Seattle Air BnB she was cooking the whole day. She's start filming around noon and wouldn't be finished cooking until it was dark outside - like when she was trying out Alison Roman's recipes from the NYT and she only made lunch and dinner. It's so unrealistic because most working people want the weekends to relax (even if WFH) and do other things. Not to mention if you have children.

Also sometimes, when she was working at her MDFA job, she'd leave at around 4 pm, exercise, cook up a storm and wouldn't be actually eating until really late (well past 8 pm. Once she said she ate her first bite at 10 pm). That's crazy and totally unrealistic. That is what food prep is for, even if you prepped just the night before like made your own pasta or some marinade.

Most times when I am cooking after work, I just put some thing in the oven from Costco along with some chopped up some vegetables and potatoes and put the left overs for lunch the next day. It takes 30 minutes max.

Not sure Elle is the most organized person (time and possessions) despite what she says.

Last edited:

Lurker321

STOP IT!!! STOP. IT. OMG!

(PLEASE DON'T. GIVE US MORE TEA. MENTION IT ALL.)

So, I know Dr. Dray gets a lot of flak because she's anorexic but... I gotta tell you, I've followed her advice for the past two-ish? years now and my skin is looking on fleek lol. I trust her! Do as she says and not as she does. I basically slather myself in sunscreen, use tretinoin, Cerave products, etc. and you're totally right--you don't need expensive products to have excellent skin. I gotta check out this Dr. Youn.

I'm from NYC and I run into people I knew all the time in the city. If you run in certain circles the city can absolutely be "small." I totally believe that Seattle could be "small"! I live in a city of about a million now in Italy and I constantly run into the same people walking my dog.
Another vote for Dr Dray's skin advice. I too ditched the high end products and went with her advice and people always comment on my skin. My high end was detmalogica and zo skin, not Shiseido lol

MUALover

Chatty Member
She rewards herself (probably for finding a job after 16 months of unemployment) with purchases worth thousands of dollars but gifts her own mother, her closest relative and the only person who tolerates her stupidity, AN AIR-FRYER.
I don't think it was a brand name air fryer either. I'm not familiar with Air Fryers but it seems like a $50 air fryer. At least I never heard of the brand of Air Fryer that Elle got for Ginette. There are Air Fryers that are really luxe - Phillips, Cuisinart, not to mention InstaPot, etc...

Edited to add: I finally went back to the Air Fryer video and googled the brand "Aria" air fryer that Elle got Ginette. It's definitely a cheap one. At least Chase Amie bought an expensive Phillips Air Fryer for her and Dan (in addition to letting Dan use the master bathroom, etc...) - not sure of the exact model but Chase Amie said it was for 6 people IIRC. No wonder Elle can never get a guy. No guy would tolerate Elle hogging up their entire living space with her crap, decorating their place like a haunted mansion, spending $$$$ on herself but being so stingy and cheap for the family. Definitely not what a high net worth startup founder would imagine as "mother to his heirs" kinda gal or "partner-in-life" woman. Elle would never use an Aria Air Fryer herself - she only uses "brand name" kitchen appliances like Smeg, Phillips, La Cruisette, etc...

The worst part is that Elle's stinging out on the Air Fryer makes no sense. She spends a good deal of time at her mother's and Ginette often cooks for both of them. It's self defeating to buy a cheap air fryer to put in Ginette's apartment.

Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 2.14.18 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-12-18 at 2.14.53 PM.png

Last edited:

MUALover

Chatty Member
Grocery shopping is way easier with a car, especially going to Costco. They're usually in the suburbs and you can't carry everything home with you by hand.

MUALover

Chatty Member
I'm glad Elle likes Asian food though. She's into Japanese and Chinese food from what I see. She also had Pho too. I used to live in a hick town with a lot of really poor people and nobody liked anything except MacDonald's. For special occasions, it would be going to the local steak house.

People thought Asian food (Chinese, Japanese) was disgusting and nobody around there knew ever even had sushi. One girl thought chopsticks was used with 1 stick rather than 2. Lmao. I wish I was making this up but I'm not. I'm glad I left for better more sophisticated places.

120clemon

At least publically, the Dolls didn't protest Rick or did they seem super supportive of the engagement but are any public/social media figures? we don't see everything so why the sense they are phony or gold digging? Did they all meet through the Vancouver club, which does sound pretentious admittedly. Her mom does seem overly indulgent but isnt super label obsessed compared to Elle like most the luxury purchases are for Elle or gifted from Elle. Rick is rickdiculous. Chris I agree seemed kind of mean even if he was annoyed by the filming

MUALover

Chatty Member
I’ve worked with many junior lawyers who loved the idea of being a lawyer - the suits, briefcases, client lunches, the often nice houses and cars .... they’ve all left the law when they realised that most of it is hard, boring, detail oriented work.
Well if there was a profession that made a lot of money and didn't involve a lot of hard work, please let me know. I can think of winning the lottery, inheriting your money, marrying for money and .......

• Haha

Lurker321

Nasty. Doesn’t sound like someone who practices safe sex (and let’s not even get into Covid). 🤢

Why does Eleanor Lecocq give me serious “poking the condom so you can’t leave me” vibes...
I totally see her wanting to get pregnant just to hold down a dude. Gross but she would.

Greenthumb30

I thought maybe she was teaching her class this semester, but the school's course listing it shows she's not teaching it this semester. However, she's still listed as a faculty member, so seems like it's a temporary thing, maybe because of travel issues since she's in the US.

Reactions: 4

MUALover

Chatty Member
I’ve actually tried a few of her recipes over the years and each of them turned out really well. I make the English muffins recipe she shared in some really old vlog quite frequently because everyone loves them.
Perhaps but her Asian fusion noodles are weird. She used IIRC butter, miso, soy sauce and Sichuan chilli flakes.

- Butter is not used in Asian cooking or for that matter milk products.
- Miso is Japanese
- Soy sauce - pan Asian - used in every single Asian country that I know
- Sichuan chilli flakes - Chinese

This is a really weird combination. There is no authentic Asian recipe that has that combination. I'll give her a pass on using so many mushrooms. Mushrooms give an umami taste and it's good to use a lot if you're not using bone broth - mushroom extract has been used as an MSG replacement. I think Elle just adds whatever combination she likes from ingredients in her fridge.

It's the same with her Thai inspired noodle soup.

Last edited:

nicemangoes

Something I find really unrealistic is how long Elle takes to cook her dinners and other meals from scratch a lot of the times. Especially on lockdown, when she was in her Seattle Air BnB she was cooking the whole day. She's start filming around noon and wouldn't be finished cooking until it was dark outside - like when she was trying out Alison Roman's recipes from the NYT and she only made lunch and dinner. It's so unrealistic because most working people want the weekends to relax (even if WFH) and do other things. Not to mention if you have children.

Also sometimes, when she was working at her MDFA job, she'd leave at around 4 pm, exercise, cook up a storm and wouldn't be actually eating until really late (well past 8 pm. Once she said she ate her first bite at 10 pm). That's crazy and totally unrealistic. That is what food prep is for, even if you prepped just the night before like made your own pasta or some marinade.

Most times when I am cooking after work, I just put some thing in the oven from Costco along with some chopped up some vegetables and potatoes and put the left overs for lunch the next day. It takes 30 minutes max.

Not sure Elle is the most organized person (time and possessions) despite what she says.
I'll respectfully disagree with this. Keeping all my reservations for Elle aside, I do find Elle organized in her cooking / meal-prep. At one point, those were the only videos I watched because I got good time-saving ideas from her work lunch prep and weeknight dinners. The video where she was making bread for almost the whole day is when she made focaccia from scratch for the first time, so it makes sense that took longer and she did whatever jewelry making she does in the process. She was also without a day job at that point, so not entirely impractical to try a somewhat complex, new recipe during daytime.

I totally understand why some people prefer simple, quick meals because my husband is also built that way. I'm not though so I can't fault Elle for spending more time cooking even if that doesn't seem entirely practical to others. I regularly work 65+ hours a week, but most weeks I still plan in advance and spend a little more time to cook something I love and find comforting because good food truly lifts my spirits. I think it's the same for Elle because while other things she does might shift with the guy she is dating, spending time on cooking / baking is a constant in her life.

I would also add my two cents on other gossip I have notice getting repeated in the threads on gg and here. Elle does like country music and bbq. She said that multiple times in very old tag types of videos on her channel and in passing in other videos (old hk vlogs). She also has always liked casual hiking and running. Her old videos from 6+ years might still be up but I clearly remember her hiking and running vlogs from Vancouver. She did huge and frequent Lululemon hauls (eye roll) around the time she ran her first 5k that's why I remember this.