Eleanor Florence Lecocq #9 Santa BeBe slip a jewel tone car under the tree for me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As much as I dislike Eleanor, I don't demean her not settling into a highly stressful lawyer position if it wasn't right for her. It aggravates me that she tries to make her job seem more glamorous, that's not right. She's always really struggled with honesty šŸ¤£ I can speak from personal experience of being in a very fast-paced, EXTREMELY stressful retail job that paid handsomely... And hating it. Then making the painful decision to move to a different branch of my career, but the only spot available was part-time. Even though I ended up in a much better spot for my sanity, I beat myself up bc at the time I wasn't a mother and thought there was no reason to be PT at that point in my life. Worried how it would look to others. Now I'm a SAHM and have the new mental hurdle of feeling like I'm not worth as much as a working mother (even though being a SAHM is really difficult).

I think we all have enough negative internal self-talk going on that for others to judge our career choices is pretty wrong.

Eleanor, as much as I can't stand the majority of your personality... If you want the easier route, take it. Just for pete's sake, stop LYING ABOUT IT.
Agree, I always think that the right career choice anyone, man, woman, or any other gender makes is the one that benefits the person and their family the greatest. Thatā€™s it. F what other people think about reputation or appearance (looking at you, Elle). The only thing that matters is yours and your familyā€™s health and happiness. Sure, if you can also make other peopleā€™s lives better, thatā€™s YOUR choice (not anyone elseā€™s) and more power to you. But if thatā€™s not feasible, take care of yourself and your baby and thatā€™s more than most people can do as it is. Youā€™re doing great, Mama. I know itā€™s hard to internalize, but you are.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Agree, I always think that the right career choice anyone, man, woman, or any other gender makes is the one that benefits the person and their family the greatest. Thatā€™s it. F what other people think about reputation or appearance (looking at you, Elle). The only thing that matters is yours and your familyā€™s health and happiness. Sure, if you can also make other peopleā€™s lives better, thatā€™s YOUR choice (not anyone elseā€™s) and more power to you. But if thatā€™s not feasible, take care of yourself and your baby and thatā€™s more than most people can do as it is. Youā€™re doing great, Mama. I know itā€™s hard to internalize, but you are.
I totally agree. Living for others and trying to appear as something you're not is so tiring and counter productive. In the end, it usually backfires. In so many circumstances, in trying to "save face", you're only digging a hole deeper and deeper.

I don't know about rest of you gals, but for me I can confidently say if I had enough money and didn't have to work, I would totally take a Jill 9-5 job (just to give structure to my life), buy a huge condo in Vancouver overlooking the waterfront, and spend my free time traveling and eating out and wearing all kinds of luxury handbags. So I can understand Elle's motivations. One of the girls I follow on Instagram does this - she's far richer than Elle and her bags are actually Hermes.

Reactions: 9
Regarding the approach to work, thereā€™s no right or wrong, imo, just DIFFERENT. What is personally right for one person or culture is different for another person or culture and Iā€™m fine with that! My issue with Elle are the lies regarding her actual role at work and the sloppiness with which she appeared to manage her time.

What baffles me is she had to know before going to law school that lawyers work long, tedious hours, but I think due to her immaturity she had some fictionalized, dreamy concept of the work life of a lawyer until she was smacked in the face with reality and decided it was not for her, which is fine, but donā€™t pretend to be something youā€™re not because you want the prestige of a title.

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I donā€™t want to completely divert the topic but it honestly pisses me off that scammers like Eleonore Lecocq pretend to be someone they are not to mislead people, while people who actually have those lifestyles lead a very tough professional life with many personal sacrifices. Itā€™s particularly difficult for women out there and people like Elle do women a disservice by her misrepresentation of facts.

I worked in one of those industries with a poor work life balance in my early 20s, and know many people who have been in them for decades. Itā€™s not just about poor work life balance, dressing professionally, and having less time for leisure. For women, it often means sacrifices, and much more so than the men in the same positions. It often means not having the time to meet a partner, not getting pregnant while youā€™re trying to climb up the career ladder, and potentially giving up your best childbearing years even if you wanted children. It means trying to assert yourself in a mostly male-dominated field, and being called a witch or aggressive when a man in your position would be ā€œdemonstrating leadership.ā€ A lot of the women in my old office were in their mid to late 30s, single, and many were disappointed at their lack of a family but expressed that they felt like it was their only option if they didnā€™t want to get ā€œmommy trackedā€ at work. Men in the same position had no trouble with this because pregnancy and child rearing (in the vast majority of the world) fell on the women. Lots of women I knew also had health and reproductive issues from years of harassment at work and long hours by the time they were ready to take a step back and focus on themselves. Elleā€™s 9-to-5, Nordstrom browsing life is completely unrealistic for actual female corporate lawyers and women in similar high-pace professions and itā€™s so disrespectful to present herself as such when people often give up so much for those careers.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 22
As for the 996 culture, I worked a year in China, and itā€™s typical to have a 2.5 hour lunch break during which students and employees will nap and eat a slow lunch.
I grew up in China and didnā€™t move to the States until I turned 21 and I didnā€™t work while I was in China so I donā€™t have anything to say about the whole 996 schedule. But I can vouch that we did take lots of lunch naps at school šŸ¤£ in my middle school lunch nap was even a mandatory (and snack break šŸ¤¤). I am not sure about workplace though because I donā€™t have firsthand experience but I keep hearing friends in China complain about the long work schedule. My middle school was kind of an exception in my city and they stopped doing that once we got into high school but I do miss the delicious snacks (not the mandatory naps though).

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
Agreed with everyone who says that there's no right or wrong choice to make in life. I follow some SATM moms on youtube and love their channels (i.e., Just Jennifer, Kimono Mom). The problem with Elle is her lying about her career and portraying it as something that it's not. She herself, by continuing to call herself a practicing lawyer and in house counsel when she's not, set the framework that her actual job as a fraud investigator is not "good enough" to talk about, and I totally disagree with that. There's nothing wrong with doing a low stress job, but #girlboss (which I don't like as a term to begin with) implies someone uber career oriented, someone's who's literally a boss, supervising or managing other people. Again, a framework that she set herself, which leads to people pointing out these inconsistencies.

As for corporations, I won't get into a debate about whether they're good or evil, but regardless, people who work for corporations do useful work just like anyone else. There's nothing moral or amoral about whether someone is working for a large corporation. It's just the reality of the modern economy. Also, I don't think Japan is really a telling example of anything. There may also be countries that have short working hours but aren't very productive either, so I think it's a limited data point.

• Heart
Reactions: 7
Maybe every time they move they think things will be better ā€“ they'll meet the right men, they'll be happier, they'll be more successful. The only problem is that wherever they go, they're still themselves.
they are the modern day Grey gardens

Itā€™s probably just a matter of priorities. Ginetteā€™s sole priority is Elle. Ginette has no other dependents which makes it easy to splurge on her only child. itā€™s not that much of a stretch to buy your daughter a luxury handbag once in awhile. the really wealthy parents get properties for their kids (in plural).

the entire Tahiti trip was a business expense for Elle, so she doesnā€™t need to pay taxes that year. Weā€™ve never seen them take other international vacations or travel luxuriously to other places

wealthy people may have sizeable investment portfolios that locks up their cash flow, an active social life and hobbies, several children and grandchildren etc whereas Ginette only has Elle
sometimes when I see them in a video together it seems like Ginette really dislikes the person Elle is, she seems so disappointed in her off spring, all that education and money spent yet Elle is such a horrible woman

I think that is the main issue with Elle, she is so deluded who does she think she is fooling?
none of her life or buying decisions make sense.

Last edited:
Reactions: 7
Eleanor, as much as I can't stand the majority of your personality... If you want the easier route, take it. Just for pete's sake, stop LYING ABOUT IT.
[/QUOTE]

THIS!!! A thousand times!! Just stop lying.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Ginette makes bad financial and life decisions all the time. Just to give you a few examples from what I know from Elle's channel only:

1. Her Victoria house was custom built - she built it into a haunted house that she couldn't sell for 10+ years. If it was structured better, she would have made way more money from it.

2. Her condo in Hawaii is a leasehold that expires in 2027. If she spent that money buying a real property she owns, she can make more money from it.

3. She sold that Victoria house and TBH I don't think she owns property now. Again dumb mistake, just to follow Elle around.

4. She spent a lot of money on Elle's education but perhaps a French immersion school would have been better for Elle - even if it's for free at a public school. It would give Elle more flexibility in terms of jobs and it would be easy for Elle since French is her mother tongue. She allowed Elle to go to Durham for law school without going to undergrad in Canada first.

5. Not to mention Ginette spoils Elle rotten but doesn't get Elle to invest her money properly. Ginette controls the purse strings so if she got a downpayment on a property in Vancouver, Elle wouldn't refuse.

Seeing Elle and Ginette's life choices is a warning for me not to repeat them myself.

Reactions: 8
Elle is really slacking. Whatā€™s it been, a week since her last vlogmas video? I need something new to overly read into lol

• Haha
Reactions: 10
THIS!!! A thousand times!! Just stop lying.
[/QUOTE]
She can't, she lies so much she doesn't know what is real anymore.

Ginette makes bad financial and life decisions all the time. Just to give you a few examples from what I know from Elle's channel only:

1. Her Victoria house was custom built - she built it into a haunted house that she couldn't sell for 10+ years. If it was structured better, she would have made way more money from it.

2. Her condo in Hawaii is a leasehold that expires in 2027. If she spent that money buying a real property she owns, she can make more money from it.

3. She sold that Victoria house and TBH I don't think she owns property now. Again dumb mistake, just to follow Elle around.

4. She spent a lot of money on Elle's education but perhaps a French immersion school would have been better for Elle - even if it's for free at a public school. It would give Elle more flexibility in terms of jobs and it would be easy for Elle since French is her mother tongue. She allowed Elle to go to Durham for law school without going to undergrad in Canada first.

5. Not to mention Ginette spoils Elle rotten but doesn't get Elle to invest her money properly. Ginette controls the purse strings so if she got a downpayment on a property in Vancouver, Elle wouldn't refuse.

Seeing Elle and Ginette's life choices is a warning for me not to repeat them myself.
Yes they are both a cautionary tale.

Ladies, there is a YouTuber called Anthony Recenello who is a dating coach and he is offering to coach and set up YouTubers on dates, would be so fun for him to try to get a date for Elle. She probably is too proud to admit she needs help

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Watching some old vlogmas from when she was with chris and other random videos. I think my biggest pet peeve with Elle is how she says YSL rouge couture or rouge volpte it is like nails on a chalk board to me. It sounds like she's got marbles in her mouth. Like she's trying soo hard and it is just cringey. I think it was the same with her Tahiti vlog. Sounded like she was talking in her cat voice to the lady

I didnā€™t grow up here and even I know Portland is in Oregon...as dual citizen and sophisticated as Elle is, she really needs to brush up her American geography knowledge. What if she meets a guy online and he says he lives Portland? Our precious little Elle might think he only lives 20 mins away since they are in the same State.

Attachments

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Looks like she bagged a Rick T. Miller 2.0 who also drives a Porsche

I have a feeling the dolls don't talk to her anymore
She could be renting or test driving certain brands of vehicles as well...

While Elle/Mama G's situation is unique -- Mama G could easily help Elle with a downpayment -- I think it's unfair and unrealistic to say that millenials should all be aiming to buy homes. It is not possible and the insane wealth inequality in this country makes it very difficult or impossible for many folks!

I have previously lived in Seattle and in Vancouver. Home prices in those cities are insane. Absolutely friggin insane for someone earning the average salary! The median household income in the US for those with a bachelor's degree is $100,000. That's household, mind you, so assuming two adults in a lot of cases. That means half of US households with college graduates earn less than $100,000!

The median cost of a home in Seattle is $700,000. Again, half the properties in Seattle costs more than this! So I can absolutely see why most couples/single people cannot afford to buy a home in cities like this. Assuming a 20% downpayment, you would need $140,000 in cash. Helps when parents can contribute but very hard for most who don't have a nest egg of some kind.

And the sad part is that most of the good paying jobs are in expensive coastal cities. So young people who are educated are essentially forced to live in these crazy expensive cities to support themselves. Plus the cost of higher education continues to rise, as do the expectations of companies hiring. So you accrue debt getting that software engineering degree and then have to live in Seattle paying half your paycheque in rent just to survive. Or you move to somewhere less expensive and don't have the opportunity to make nearly as much, if you can even find work.

I'd recommend watching the Netflix documentary "Capital" for a good look at wealth inequality, tax dodging by the rich, and how the whole American dream is hard to achieve these days. As someone who was a new grad in the 2008 recession, I identified so much with some of the themes and am glad I got out OK and am employed, healthy, and have savings.

OK, rant over!
Preach!!! šŸ™ŒšŸ¾ Thank you for coming correct on the notion that home ownership is possible for so many Millenials. Iā€™m in the camp of having a well paying job but I live in an expensive af coastal city. Iā€™d have to move out to the boonies to afford a home that is less than $1M unless I want to go the condo route but the monthly HOAs are astronomical (start at $600/month) which is infuriating.

Iā€™m also going to double down and share that if you are a POC, your chances of home ownership are even more prolonged due to things like the ā€œBlack tax.ā€

Last edited:
Reactions: 8
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.