Eleanor Florence Lecocq #9 Santa BeBe slip a jewel tone car under the tree for me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Finally caught up with Vlogmas. Even though it was so boring that I struggled to finish, I'm thrilled that the Christmas rodent appeared since it's my avatar haha.

I always wondered why Elle called the ornaments rodents since the word mice sounds cuter. Maybe Elle likes to think that she's a Cinderella who is destined to find her prince. That's why she needs to slum it with rodents to complete the fairytale narrative. I don't want to diss rodents since they're actually smart creatures. Mice and rats actually groom themselves more times a day than Elle!
I just call them RATS because they’re less “cute” sounding. :ROFLMAO:

In all seriousness, though, rats are intelligent, something Elle I doubt would even know. My fiancé’s sister had two pet rats as a kid and she loved them. She taught them tricks and they would be super cuddly. I doubt Elle would ever adopt a rat, though. I view Elle as the type of person who only likes animals if they look cute and make believes they have anthropomorphic qualities. Or maybe she believes they do. She must’ve thought Bebe was “singing” in happiness after being fed that one night. 🤔

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Eleonore Lecocq is the worst pet owner ever. She left Bebe alone constantly while she went off to chase SS, Rick, and to Hawaii after her many “heartbreaks” and now she’s leaving her and Sammy alone again to stay with Ginette in Seattle. We talk about how poorly she treated Joe and her “friends,” but she’s not good to her pets either. F everyone...the only things that matters to the Lecocq sisters are themselves and trying to trap a rich man. 🙄

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 16
Eleonore Lecocq is the worst pet owner ever. She left Bebe alone constantly while she went off to chase SS, Rick, and to Hawaii after her many “heartbreaks” and now she’s leaving her and Sammy alone again to stay with Ginette in Seattle. We talk about how poorly she treated Joe and her “friends,” but she’s not good to her pets either. F everyone...the only things that matters to the Lecocq sisters are themselves and trying to trap a rich man. 🙄
I feel that Sammy is actually a better companion for Bebe than Smelle 😂 At least they can play together. Who knows, maybe Smelle bought them one toy for Christmas?

I think it's incredibly irresponsible of Smelle to have left Bebe god knows where for months before taking her to Florida and then again for months with Sammy in some cattery before shipping them to Seattle. Also, I cannot imagine the amount of stress that flying must have caused these two cats... I know some pets can get a heart attack on a plane.

• Sad
Reactions: 15
I feel that Sammy is actually a better companion for Bebe than Smelle 😂 At least they can play together. Who knows, maybe Smelle bought them one toy for Christmas?

I think it's incredibly irresponsible of Smelle to have left Bebe god knows where for months before taking her to Florida and then again for months with Sammy in some cattery before shipping them to Seattle. Also, I cannot imagine the amount of stress that flying must have caused these two cats... I know some pets can get a heart attack on a plane.
I’m not a cat owner but all this happened really early on in Bebe’s life, and I don’t think that’s very good for her. Smelle had Bebe for only a few months if I recall correctly before Joe dumped her, and she went off to chase men. That means while Bebe was a young cat, Smelle was constantly leaving her alone for weeks at a time. I agree getting Sammy was a good call for Bebe, but it’s not like Eleanor trains her cats properly. They step all over everything, don’t have a clean litter box, and Smelle’s home probably smells as bad as her unwashed hair.

• Sick
It makes me gag how disgusting Smelle is with her cat hygiene and I hope non cat owners think all cat people are like this.

Also I never understood why she was comfortable leaving her kitties in Florida for months before shipping them to Washington. I’d be crying out of guilt if I had to leave my cat alone for that long and if I was already settled in my new place, I’d physically come back and bring him back myself! It’s not like she had a day job or lack of funds that prevented her from picking them up herself!

I can’t imagine what she’d be like as a mother to a human child. She wants to be a mother so badly and yet she can’t even fulfill her cats basic needs nor can she probably care for herself! 🙄 Hate to break it to you, Smelle, but there is more to being a parent than cooking them lasagna in order to seduce daddy and giving out worthless Disney jewelry boxes.

It makes me gag how disgusting Smelle is with her cat hygiene and I hope non cat owners think all cat people are like this.

Also I never understood why she was comfortable leaving her kitties in Florida for months before shipping them to Washington. I’d be crying out of guilt if I had to leave my cat alone for that long and if I was already settled in my new place, I’d physically come back and bring him back myself! It’s not like she had a day job or lack of funds that prevented her from picking them up herself!

I can’t imagine what she’d be like as a mother to a human child. She wants to be a mother so badly and yet she can’t even fulfill her cats basic needs nor can she probably care for herself! 🙄 Hate to break it to you, Smelle, but there is more to being a parent than cooking them lasagna in order to seduce daddy and giving out worthless Disney jewelry boxes.
Makes me wonder if that's why SS dumped her. Maybe after that lasagna dinner with his parents and kid he realized or his parents talked to him about how she's not someone who can take care of his kid. It is one thing if no one has kids and you can just hope they grow into that role if they decide to become parents. But with SS he already had a living kid who Elle would've had to put first too. A good parent will always put their kid first and should want to find a partner that does too. Maybe his parents could see that Elle is always first in her mind.

And I know that's now how life always turns out. I've heard stories about people who remarry and the new kids they have with their new spouse are a higher priority than their kids from a previous relationship (which is incredibly unfair)

• Sad
Reactions: 11
I can’t imagine what she’d be like as a mother to a human child.
Oh I can. In her ideal world, she expects to be able to instruct the nanny on what outfit to dress the kid in for the day and then leave the two of them at home while she lunches and shops with her 'dolls'

Her next video is likely going to be Elle profusely exclaiming how busy she is as a means of excusing her poor vlogging, and yet she will make time and some effort to promote her business several times. 🙄.

She's so one dimensional, I'm watching couple other Vlogmas' and the creators are at least trying to make up for the fact that EVERYONE is kind of in the same position this year not being able to go many places and show many things. And also, being really HONEST about things they're struggling with on certain days that go beyond tricky advent calendars, lack of birthday parties and searching for the perfect jewel-toned vehicle. :rolleyes:
Can't wait to see what we get this week...

Reactions: 17
If anything, she has become shockingly lazy. She used to “work”, string her pearls and still upload on a daily basis during vlogmas. Now once a week and still she doesn’t have enough “content” to fill up a video.

Reactions: 14
I totally agree, such a waste. All those fancy dinners out and stupid shopping trips -- like when Mama G bought Elle $500 Celine sunglasses -- could have added up to thousands!

I have a feeling Elle has straight up told Mama G she would rather get treats like designer handbags and luxury home stuff rather than a downpayment. Helps Elle achieve the shopping high and allows her to spend more on herself. It's pretty clear Elle has no plan for her career/finances/homeownership despite being 32 and single.
The worst part is that Elle literally has like 20+ sunglasses. You only need maybe 3 pairs - one in Hawaii, a spare and another in Vancouver. They all look the same after a while. Just like Elle doesn't need the 20+ designer bags.

I'm not one to skimp out on enjoyments of life such as shopping or eating out (though I much prefer traveling but I understand how shopping and eating out at fancy places brings them joy). I love doing both but seriously both Elle and Ginette are horrible with money.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
I was watching a PBS documentary on Millenials and money and it is said that home ownership is how you grow your net worth with time. The longer you delay owning your own home, the worse it is for your long-term $ prospects. Elle has no plans for home ownership and Ginette just sold her house and is now renting. Honestly, I think both mother and daughter needs to get therapy.

Reactions: 6
Looks like she bagged a Rick T. Miller 2.0 who also drives a Porsche

Oh I can. In her ideal world, she expects to be able to instruct the nanny on what outfit to dress the kid in for the day and then leave the two of them at home while she lunches and shops with her 'dolls'
I have a feeling the dolls don't talk to her anymore

• Haha
Reactions: 13
I was watching a PBS documentary on Millenials and money and it is said that home ownership is how you grow your net worth with time. The longer you delay owning your own home, the worse it is for your long-term $ prospects. Elle has no plans for home ownership and Ginette just sold her house and is now renting. Honestly, I think both mother and daughter needs to get therapy.
While Elle/Mama G's situation is unique -- Mama G could easily help Elle with a downpayment -- I think it's unfair and unrealistic to say that millenials should all be aiming to buy homes. It is not possible and the insane wealth inequality in this country makes it very difficult or impossible for many folks!

I have previously lived in Seattle and in Vancouver. Home prices in those cities are insane. Absolutely friggin insane for someone earning the average salary! The median household income in the US for those with a bachelor's degree is $100,000. That's household, mind you, so assuming two adults in a lot of cases. That means half of US households with college graduates earn less than $100,000!

The median cost of a home in Seattle is $700,000. Again, half the properties in Seattle costs more than this! So I can absolutely see why most couples/single people cannot afford to buy a home in cities like this. Assuming a 20% downpayment, you would need $140,000 in cash. Helps when parents can contribute but very hard for most who don't have a nest egg of some kind.

And the sad part is that most of the good paying jobs are in expensive coastal cities. So young people who are educated are essentially forced to live in these crazy expensive cities to support themselves. Plus the cost of higher education continues to rise, as do the expectations of companies hiring. So you accrue debt getting that software engineering degree and then have to live in Seattle paying half your paycheque in rent just to survive. Or you move to somewhere less expensive and don't have the opportunity to make nearly as much, if you can even find work.

I'd recommend watching the Netflix documentary "Capital" for a good look at wealth inequality, tax dodging by the rich, and how the whole American dream is hard to achieve these days. As someone who was a new grad in the 2008 recession, I identified so much with some of the themes and am glad I got out OK and am employed, healthy, and have savings.

OK, rant over!

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
While Elle/Mama G's situation is unique -- Mama G could easily help Elle with a downpayment -- I think it's unfair and unrealistic to say that millenials should all be aiming to buy homes. It is not possible and the insane wealth inequality in this country makes it very difficult or impossible for many folks!
Yes I agree. The housing prices in my city is not that bad, fortunately - you can buy a decent semi-detached house for $300,000 (which isn't bad) provided you drive 30-40 minutes to work.

I haven't owned a home either myself and have always rented. I mean I enjoy renting - it allows me to move whenever I want and I don't have to do the lawn or shovel snow in the winter. But some colleagues who bought condos and townhouses for cheap (like $170,000 and $300,000) all made money from it so I feel a bit left out. One dude purchased a condo for $170,000 and sold it in 4 years for $300,000 and made a handsome profit.

Is that Ginette's car - are you sure it belongs to her new man? I watched the v-log and never got the impression Elle actually found someone she is official with.

Reactions: 6
Do you happen to remember the name of this documentary?, sounds interesting.

I’ve also added that Netflix documentary to my list to watch as well. Thanks Katrina!

Reactions: 1

I don't know why but I just love that Rick and this new guy prob both drive a Porsche. If her mom drove her they wouldve talked during that clip of the town and the lights. And would've bragged about her mom's rental car. Pretty sure she bragged about the rental that Joe drove on their HI trip (for a few days away from her mom). The fact that it was silent to me is a huge clue that she was on a date at the very least.

Yes I agree. The housing prices in my city is not that bad, fortunately - you can buy a decent semi-detached house for $300,000 (which isn't bad) provided you drive 30-40 minutes to work.

I haven't owned a home either myself and have always rented. I mean I enjoy renting - it allows me to move whenever I want and I don't have to do the lawn or shovel snow in the winter. But some colleagues who bought condos and townhouses for cheap (like $170,000 and $300,000) all made money from it so I feel a bit left out. One dude purchased a condo for $170,000 and sold it in 4 years for $300,000 and made a handsome profit.

Is that Ginette's car - are you sure it belongs to her new man? I watched the v-log and never got the impression Elle actually found someone she is official with.
Ginette owned a Jaguar sedan that was from the 90s. Not a fancy SUV. She never failed to brag about the "Jag" in her past videos and she always films voice clips of her mom even when she's not shown because she hasn't painted on her spermbrows in the wine and steam scene

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Do you happen to remember the name of this documentary?, sounds interesting.

I’ve also added that Netflix documentary to my list to watch as well. Thanks Katrina!

It's just a short news clip on how the pandemic is forcing millennial to move back in with their parents. I've found that was the case with people I know as well. It's really hard to graduate / lose your job in this economic environment.

Ginette owned a Jaguar sedan that was from the 90s. Not a fancy SUV. She never failed to brag about the "Jag" in her past videos and she always films voice clips of her mom even when she's not shown because she hasn't painted on her spermbrows in the wine and steam scene
This is why I always find the Lecocq sisters to be disingenuous. They always, *always* find the way to get the biggest bang for their buck - even down to the car they drive. From the rented Hawaii place (on a lease that expires in 2027), renting the car in Hawaii to the old Jagaur - it's all about looking the richest you can on the least amount of money.

My parents are all about practicality. They always drove Hondas and Toyotas. My first car was a Toyota Corolla - looks average but its very reliable.

Reactions: 7
This is why I always find the Lecocq sisters to be disingenuous. They always, *always* find the way to get the biggest bang for their buck - even down to the car they drive. From the rented Hawaii place (on a lease that expires in 2027), renting the car in Hawaii to the old Jagaur - it's all about looking the richest you can on the least amount of money.
Took a look at some condo listings in Honolulu. Adjusting for inflation for when Ginette first leased her Kahala home plus the added HOA fees over the years, she could've owned her own property in Hawaii. This was probably not an option for Mama G as it wouldn't have been an oceanside place with a "tropical" ground floor walkway. Owning would've been a better option since she could've made a decent chunk of change if she had the ability to put a Hawaii condo on the market. I found that even in times of recession, Hawaii properties will still increase in value overall. While I understand that home ownership is not for everyone, people like the Elle and Ginette should invest in real estate if they want to maintain and increase their wealth.

Assuming that Ginette doesn't have a substantial nest egg, her and Elle will end up living in the modern day Grey Gardens condo. It'll be full of cat hair with Winston shoved in the corner behind boxes of unsold scarves and Mount Nordstrom galore. Don't forget that there will be many (delivery) men dropping by. They'll leave shipments of Alibaba...I mean local Seattle pearls but make a swift clip away from the stench of a singular dirty litter box shared amongst more than one feline and the pungent odor of unwashed post-workout hair.

• Haha
  • Sick
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.