Eleanor Florence Lecocq #9 Santa BeBe slip a jewel tone car under the tree for me

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
As native french from France šŸø I can confirm what you just said.
Elle's french is a mix of french Belgium, french Quebec, ( can't tell for the northe American valley girl) and Elle's preciosity.
In the video when she talks to her mom abt the Xmas present, she said : tu vas casser ( break/ ruin) ta surprise. Which is more Canadian.
French from France would say: tu vas gĆ¢cher ( spoil/ruin/waste) ta surprise.
Her baby voice doesn't help too.
She doesn't say "casser". She says "gĆ¢cher". She doesn't have a French Quebec accent. It is pure Belgian, from her mom. I'm from Quebec (and lived all over the province) and nobody ever says "casser ta surprise". Elle is not even fluent in French. It is obvious in her vlog from Tahiti when she talks with the pearl lady. She speaks like someone who has never been exposed to the language, except from her mom. She can read Yves Saint Laurent labels and menus but that is about it.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I am too tired and lazy to watch Elleā€™s latest installment but I thought her thumbnail was very revealing of Bebeā€™s feelings for her ā€œmotherā€ (Elle):

F2EDC2C5-4076-4FBF-94A0-7AB6940100E9.jpeg

• Haha
everything she does is so freaking pretentious. when she speaks English then suddenly adds french accents to certain words. There is no rhyme or reason for that than to pretend to her audience that sheā€™s ā€exoticā€. But we all know she isnā€™t fluent in French.

then why does she need to ssssh when talking about the purchase of a car? If you just said out loud about ordering a car, why is it even necessary to say it like itā€™s a secret?!?!

sheā€™s pretentious and likes to think that everything she does requires some sort of pomp & circumstance. She is nothing special! Her life is freaking boring. Why do her followers still blindly follow her?? When the hell will they wake up from this Smelle scam??

Reactions: 18
sheā€™s pretentious and likes to think that everything she does requires some sort of pomp & circumstance. She is nothing special! Her life is freaking boring. Why do her followers still blindly follow her?? When the hell will they wake up from this Smelle scam??
Well, when you still buy live/laugh/love swag and 'wine o'clock' signs . . .

I think she's lost a lot of her fans close to her own age. All she's got left is the Karens who are trying to make up for the rich girl being mean to her in high school 30 years ago and the Alpha-Karens who are picturing their sons dating her.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I think there's a probably a few sympathy followers too, people who feel sorry for her being publicly dumped so many times. She's probably more famous on youtube for being dumped than for anything else at this point.

Funny how she constantly complains about 2020, when the covid situation actually covered up her many mistakes-- she could use covid to explain away her huge employment gap, she could pretend to be working from home when she had no job for most of the year, she could blame lockdowns for the fact that she has nothing interesting going on in her life, etc. etc.

Reactions: 19
I think there's a probably a few sympathy followers too, people who feel sorry for her being publicly dumped so many times. She's probably more famous on youtube for being dumped than for anything else at this point.

Funny how she constantly complains about 2020, when the covid situation actually covered up her many mistakes-- she could use covid to explain away her huge employment gap, she could pretend to be working from home when she had no job for most of the year, she could blame lockdowns for the fact that she has nothing interesting going on in her life, etc. etc.
People who don't adhere to covid restrictions seem to complain the loudest about 2020. Elle still went out on dates during lock down ā€“ saw her a couple time when I was walking my boyfriend's dog...she is constantly traveling back and forth from her SLU apartment to her mom's on Bainbridge Island...found the community Spermbrows is squatting in from Google Maps... And she's still spotted in West Seattle and going to POWELSBO..Covid has never stopped her from enjoying her life...

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
People who don't adhere to covid restrictions seem to complain the loudest about 2020. Elle still went out on dates during lock down ā€“ saw her a couple time when I was walking my boyfriend's dog...she is constantly traveling back and forth from her SLU apartment to her mom's on Bainbridge Island...found the community Spermbrows is squatting in from Google Maps... And she's still spotted in West Seattle and going to POWELSBO..Covid has never stopped her from enjoying her life...
So true. As someone who has had the luxury of staying home and continuing to make a paycheck, I never cease to feel the immense privilege I have. I have increased my Uber Eats (still pretty rare, max once a month) delivery tips and pickup order tips to 50%-60% (typically a solid 20%-25%er) to help make up for what service industry workers have lost the entire time Iā€™ve been sitting on my booty in the safety of my own home making a steady paycheck. Elle has been living off her mom, or her trust, or ā€œlocal businessā€ scams, or YouTube, or a combination of any of these, hasnā€™t needed to worry about job security, has moved all over Seattle, and has been spotted on physical dates and hung out with ā€œfriendsā€ all over Seattle. Heck, she even ordered a brand new car that she still hasnā€™t test driven yet (indicates a brand new car, not used) this year. On top of all the $K sheā€™s spent buying herself ā€œtreatsā€ for surviving such a challenging year. And she never fails to mention how big of an inconvenience 2020 has been to her. Maybe to try to fit in with all the people who have been grounded in the real world? Trying to get some sympathy? Itā€™s just another manifestation of whatever evil inside her concocted the ā€œlocal businessā€ scam, trying to convince her viewers how much she has suffered this year.

• Heart
Reactions: 20
I agree with this, the people who complain the most about how bad this year is have all been spoiled people like her who are upset about not being about to go out and do stuff, while still doing it anyway. o

Sure I had to miss two concerts I was really looking forward to (kraftwerk and new order/pet shop boys) and a trip but like @Lipstick said, I'm lucky enough to have a job I can work at home from and have been very comfortable and despite not seeing my family I'm very very lucky.

So many people are stuck working thankless jobs they can't do at home (grocery store, food service, sanitation etc) , so many people are working in hospitals in un imaginable situations and are over worked and short on supplies, so many people have lost loved ones. And you know what? I don't hear them complain half as much as entitled people like Elle who can't even be grateful for what they have.

Like honestly the fact that Elle can't be remotely thankful for what she has really shows her true colors

I couldnt imagine the horror of working in a hospital right now, or working in an essential service and having entitled people refusing to wear masks breathing on them. So many people have either lost their lives or a loved one this year , or have long covid and are dealing with long term side effects to even think about complaining about my life just seems like an insult to everyone else's pain.

• Heart
So true. As someone who has had the luxury of staying home and continuing to make a paycheck, I never cease to feel the immense privilege I have. I have increased my Uber Eats (still pretty rare, max once a month) delivery tips and pickup order tips to 50%-60% (typically a solid 20%-25%er) to help make up for what service industry workers have lost the entire time Iā€™ve been sitting on my booty in the safety of my own home making a steady paycheck. Elle has been living off her mom, or her trust, or ā€œlocal businessā€ scams, or YouTube, or a combination of any of these, hasnā€™t needed to worry about job security, has moved all over Seattle, and has been spotted on physical dates and hung out with ā€œfriendsā€ all over Seattle. Heck, she even ordered a brand new car that she still hasnā€™t test driven yet (indicates a brand new car, not used) this year. On top of all the $K sheā€™s spent buying herself ā€œtreatsā€ for surviving such a challenging year. And she never fails to mention how big of an inconvenience 2020 has been to her. Maybe to try to fit in with all the people who have been grounded in the real world? Trying to get some sympathy? Itā€™s just another manifestation of whatever evil inside her concocted the ā€œlocal businessā€ scam, trying to convince her viewers how much she has suffered this year.
Reminds of when it was such an inconvenience when her Uber driver crashed their car and princess Elle was STARVING

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 12
I think she barely speaks conversational French. A French primary school child would probably speak more fluently than she does.

At 17:29 and 19:38 she forgets what she was going to say after gushing out ā€œAh-tiliyoh Koh-loh-nyuhā€ in her attempt at a French accent.

Then at 20:37 she has ā€œno idea whatā€ Santal Carmin would smell like. Just because she can mock a French accent when speaking words, doesnā€™t mean she knows how to put them together in a way that a native speaker would, or even knows the meaning of words more sophisticated than the basic ones second-gen immigrant kids know of their parentsā€™ native languages.

If she knew words more difficult than the perfunctory ā€œeatā€, ā€œbathroomā€, and ā€œwantā€ that second-gen kids know from growing up in a non-English speaking household (but speaking English for 12+ hours a day outside of the home, and even answering their parents in English), she would know exactly what SANDALWOOD perfume would smell like. It would smell like SANDALWOOD. But she doesnā€™t know what ā€œsantalā€ is, that it translates to SANDALWOOD, most second-gen kids WOULDNā€™T. Ask me what ęŖ€é¦™ę·±éŸµ smells like and just like Elle, I GOT NOTHING, canā€™t even begin to guess what that translates to in English. And I even wrote my college dissertation and defended it in Chinese, and lived alone and worked in China for a year. But sheā€™s a Native French Speaker, right...?

Elleā€™s vocabulary stopped at the second-gen kid skill level, one at which she probably canā€™t read a French newspaper or survive on her own in France or Belgium.

Absolutely nothing wrong with this... except for the fact that she claims she is a Native French Speaker / Speaks French Fluently / Was Bullied for Being a Foreigner...

Last edited:
I think she barely speaks conversational French. A French primary school child would probably speak more fluently than she does.

Absolutely nothing wrong with this... except for the fact that she claims she is a Native French Speaker / Speaks French Fluently / Was Bullied for Being a Foreigner...
This is why (to my knowledge) she has never actually gone to France or interacted with an actual French or Belgian person in French (apart from her mother, who told everyone that Elle doesn't speak French in that video from years ago! :ROFLMAO: )

We have only ever heard her speak French when she was in French Polynesia and that was probably because she thought the people there weren't really French (i.e. European) and therefore beneath her.

Her French obsession is so weird to me as a European because French is definitely not considered exotic here. It's taught to various levels in almost all schools and when you go to France you just end up speaking English anyway. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø

Reactions: 15
Reminds of when it was such an inconvenience when her Uber driver crashed their car and princess Elle was STARVING
Whenever someone mentions that story, I think of how horrible I would feel if that had happened with my order. I know I always used to avoid ordering food on nights where it was blizzarding or there was heavy rain because I didn't want to be the reason someone got in a car accident (although yes, I realize I was making a far jump to assume the worst). I know one time we were supposed to get cable installed and the company called us to say the driver had arrived but had started feeling sick in the van so they were sending someone else ASAP. The guy who came was even apologizing and I didn't care....I just felt bad for the sick man.

• Heart
1609212155623.png

What on earth???

She seems to wear her clothes (sweater and pajamas) immediately after unboxing, which to me, is very gross. I prefer to wash them first. Especially nowadays with covid. These clothes came from a factory and has been everywhere....

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
View attachment 363099

What on earth???

She seems to wear her clothes (sweater and pajamas) immediately after unboxing, which to me, is very gross. I prefer to wash them first. Especially nowadays with covid. These clothes came from a factory and has been everywhere....
Even more gross her Christmas pajamas she showed right before putting them on and they still had a tag and were in the plastic. I know they spray all sorts of things on clothes for warehouse storage so I would especially not want that on my skin all night long.

• Sick
  • Heart
This is why (to my knowledge) she has never actually gone to France or interacted with an actual French or Belgian person in French (apart from her mother, who told everyone that Elle doesn't speak French in that video from years ago! :ROFLMAO: )

We have only ever heard her speak French when she was in French Polynesia and that was probably because she thought the people there weren't really French (i.e. European) and therefore beneath her.

Her French obsession is so weird to me as a European because French is definitely not considered exotic here. It's taught to various levels in almost all schools and when you go to France you just end up speaking English anyway. šŸ¤·ā€ā™€ļø
And yet she seems to be trying to prove us wrong by including a whole clip where her mom is explaining the dough in the mixer to her in French. I wonder if Smelle coached G to do that? šŸ¤”

View attachment 363099

What on earth???

She really has the granny sense of style. And I mean no offense to grannies anywhere. It's that Elle, as a self-proclaimed style guru, cannot put together outfits that look good or clawsic or current.

My case: I've seen ladies in their 80's wear matching colors top and bottom. And theirs at least match. Elle's maroon+snowflake leggings do not match the Nordstrom shirt she says matches (it's a different red). And check out her green combo going on here!

20201228_232931.jpg

20201228_232912.jpg

(I promise. There's a brief second that she holds them against her leg).

20201228_232815.jpg

Thought #2: I wonder if her new guy is a boob-man? She seems to be emphasizing the jugs in this vlog- see the lilac shirt and the green sweater with her intro's kissing penguins on it.
20201228_233008.jpg

20201228_233226.jpg
20201228_232755.jpg

And one more for good measure. I have to say, she sure knows how to work those camera angles. There was one point in this clip where she was rhythmically churning out pasta, and all I could think of was her cramming that beef roll into her mouth šŸ‘„ that's right, Eleanor, keep that guy interested!
20201228_233123.jpg

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 13
Omg...seriously the stuff of nightmares...at around 15:22 of Vlogmas Special, she ignores her mother's offer of extra flour for the pasta dough and says something along the lines of, "do you think the secret is that you refrigerate it?" and literally eye-f*cks the camera in such a disturbingly creepy way. Even Ginette sounded disturbed at the spooky behavior šŸ˜³

Attachments

• Sick
  • Haha
Omg...seriously the stuff of nightmares...at around 15:22 of Vlogmas Special, she ignores her mother's offer of extra flour for the pasta dough and says something along the lines of, "do you think the secret is that you refrigerate it?" and literally eye-f*cks the camera in such a disturbingly creepy way. Even Ginette sounded disturbed at the spooky behavior šŸ˜³
I got really annoyed at how dismissive she was of Ginette all throughout these vlogs. So disrespectful!

• Sad
Elle wasn't working until recently right? So what inconvenience is she talking about? I've been working from since March and I am so thankful and appreciate and understand that I'm very lucky to be able to do this. She talks as if she's an essential worker, she wasn't even working for like 2/3 of the year! :mad:

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.