Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

greenbear

VIP Member
By having a superficial friendship to start with. Eleanor invited Natalie to her 30th bday party hosted at Ginette’s house and that’s when she gifted the name tag. Perhaps Elle was expecting more? I doubt Elle has ever returned the favour of equal value to Natalie so perhaps that’s why they naturally fell out.
how do you get through life being so selfish?

• Heart
Reactions: 7

MUALover

Chatty Member
I checked DryBar costs and if you wash your own hair and they just style it for you, it costs $25. It's not that bad. If they wash your hair for you, it's $50.

Certainly if Elle were a true girl boss, and she made a lot, then $200 per month (or even $100) per month is not that bad - ok a bit more with tips (supposing she went once per week), but still. It's still way way cheaper than all the handbags, cosmetics and clothing she does not need. For a real girl boss, going to DryBar may be relaxing and therapeutic. I think it's better value for money than Nordstrom hauls.

Drasticactions

VIP Member
Her crazy eyes and pronunciations are ALL over the place.

Things she's used the Le Pliage (?) for:
School books
Gym bags
Carrying food (which apparently spilled, so she threw them in the wash, leather and all).
Carryon/over night bag (giant one).
I sure hope she threw them in the wash after carrying her stinky gym clothes too before carrying food in them :sick:

• Haha
  • Sick

greenbear

VIP Member
I totally agree. I bought some silver jewelry from online stores that were a fraction of the cost of Tiffany's. I also got some pearls in Chinatown for cheap. They make my outfit pretty and that's all I want.

Also, to me personally, I find designer bags such as Gucci and LV are not worth it - Gucci bags don't have the best quality leather IMO and LV sells overrated canvas bags. I'm not knocking anyone for having designer bags but at my salary, I don't think designer bags are in my budget. So I bought some Rebecca Minkoff and Coach and it suits me fine. Also I don't like heavy handbags and a lot of designer handbags are very heavy so I prefer LeSportSac. I think Elle constantly buys because she gets a high from the rush of shopping and unwrapping, not because she uses the bags.

I follow another luxury youtube guru who has a lot of bags and shoes. She's not that rich, probably same level financially as Elle. She says when she wears her Chanel flap out once or twice a month, she makes sure she is driving or in a cab, never on public transport. She is really careful to baby her bag (that she bought pre-loved). I'm there thinking, "some way to live." She also says that Tiffany's diamonds are not worth the cost and that at the same cost, you can buy a much better and bigger diamond elsewhere.

I get the feeling that Hollywood stars and super rich people (I mean really rich people) wear Chanels like the average person wears Coach outlet stuff - to most people Chanel is a luxury handbag that is to be babied but to them, it's just a handbag. I remember reading about this super rich Russian heiress who married a billionaire who purchases 40 Tod's bags in one go. She never even looked at the cost. Maybe if you have to save and scrimp for a bag, that bag is too expensive for you. I'm just saying.

For me personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable buying luxury handbags unless I had $5 million in the bank. Because realistically, I'd want match your bags with the seasons, outfits, etc... so I'd need a few.

I also remember going to a consignment store and looking at the tons of Chanel and other luxury handbags there. All the bags were literally stacked right next to each other. Somehow, without the lighting, decor of a real Chanel store, the bags just seemed bland.
I agree, if I have to save and scrimp for what is just a bag I am not their target market.

lurkingin94123

VIP Member
And she said 'I leave the work to my assistant'. Assistant my ass.

In today's business world, most organizations are pretty flat. You don't get an assistant until you are a senior vp or something. A shared team admin or the junior on the team is not your assistant, Elle.
I think she meant the cat is her assistant because it was on the chair and table.

• Haha

boredstrom

VIP Member
I think she might have considered that was a “girl boss hair” lol. Since she has a job now, the hairstyle has to make a comeback too 😂😂😂
Not unless that job is selling coke in the bathroom at Studio 54.

Actually I dig throwback looks so I'm mainly kidding on that jab. Her big hair certainly is a statement piece and the wing bangs are a bit much, but I get it.

• Haha

svdwoodsen

VIP Member
Racism and resentment towards Asians is more "accepted" and gets a pass because it's usually not blatant. It often appears in insidious and seemingly harmless comments or "observations" like MUALover's post (or her stereotype in another thread that all Asian parents are strict and pressure their kids to marry). It's still wrong.

Also MUALover is still posting here but won't acknowledge her racist comments, the users who pointed it out and the real hurt she caused.

And I highly doubt Elle is buying the expensive headbands. Prada popularized the padded headbands a few seasons ago but at this point, all the fast fashion places sell them too. If she bought the designer ones, she’d definitely show it off. The big headbands are already a lot... and the pearls are too much. I think girls with a fresh, sleek and youthful style wear them really well otherwise it often ends up looking too try hard and prissy.
Also this is an EXCELLENT point. I was side-eyeing that comment the moment it was posted but wasn't quite sure how to address it (or if it was even in my place given I didn't fall into the demographic), and I even questioned if I was being too sensitive and overthinking it because it wasn't a direct critique. But judging by the reception here, clearly it rubbed more than one person the wrong way and I really appreciate the way you phrased things. Not all discrimination and racism is explicit but that doesn't make it acceptable in any shape or form.

Her response is total BS. Mandarin is my first language and English is my husband’s. Every time when I say a Chinese city name I always say it with an American accent just so that it will be easier for my husband to understand. I have only lived in the US for a few years and she has lived almost her whole life in Canada. How difficult it is to just say things that other people can understand 🤔
Ah but she wouldn't be able to be "très très exotique" without "l'accent français." (French is like my third or fourth language and I speak it poorly so don't judge my probably incorrect grammar please. :ROFLMAO: )

MUALover

Chatty Member
Even if you get a maid / cleaning service, he/she would still come only once per week. Nobody cleans the house for you in the meantime so you need to do it yourself. As for DryBar, Elle's hair looks about the same to me when she was going to DryBar vs doing it herself. I can't see the difference.

Drasticactions

VIP Member
That affordable bag video was so half assed. You can tell she only did that video bc people must have asked. She didn't even have really any other brand options to suggest, and she even said most of the cheaper bags she's had she's sold. Normally when luxury bag people do videos like this they at least suggests ways to get stuff on sale and what brands to look for that have similar designs to higher end stuff. Her heart was clearly not in it.

I follow a lot of people on YouTube who collect, longchamp, coach, mk, Kate spade, dooney, and other stuff in that sort of price range and her viewers would be better off looking to them for good bag options.

Last edited:

Drasticactions

VIP Member
I read a makeup book that counselled brown pencil for eyeliner is the way to go (rather than black or liquid) because it's more natural. I swear by that rule for myself. Of course, I'm not a makeup artist but it works for me for day and night makeup. I also swear by organic facial cleansers and creams. That's just my personal preference though.
Brown pencil is my fav too, I had a Clinique lady tell me black is too harsh for most people with light skin and I've always followed that. if I want something more dramatic I do a burgundy or olive green which is still soft enough that you don't look super harsh but more impact than brown. I think if Elle went for a dark brown eyeliner pencil and skipped the wing I think she's look more youthful.

I am glad that eyeshadow palette she got was all matte bc I think the super metallic stuff she was wearing before aged her too

boredstrom

VIP Member
Yeah my vote's for the green too. Esp in NYC where green really stands out. Has such a nice silhouette to it too.

Phoebe.Tallulah

By having a superficial friendship to start with. Eleanor invited Natalie to her 30th bday party hosted at Ginette’s house and that’s when she gifted the name tag. Perhaps Elle was expecting more? I doubt Elle has ever returned the favour of equal value to Natalie so perhaps that’s why they naturally fell out.
So this was the same friend she ditched to spend the night with SS after the party?! I’d be a little pissed if flew out to Vancouver to celebrate with my friend and she could spend one night away from her new victim.

MUALover

Chatty Member
Whenever I eat sushi (with the soy sauce), I go up 2-3 pounds on my scale. But I never got cankles though.

I honestly don't know what Elle does with all the clothes she has. She has so so much. She doesn't work. Where does she wear all her dresses to? Clothes go out of fashion after a while, your figure changes with age / having kids. She should just lighten up on all the shopping. She has tens of thousands of dollars worth of goods just sitting in her closet.

bethannebodyworks

Serious question:

Why does she have so many different spelling variations?

What is her actual name?

Eleonore Lecocq
Eleanor Lecocq
Eleanore Lecocq
Eleanor Florence Marie Lecocq, etc.?

And they're all different variations even in professional contexts! What gives?

• Haha