Eleanor Florence Lecocq #7 Always a bragsmaid, never a bride

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But this is just speculation no? Noone here knows exactly what happened with her and Joe, who paid for what, etc.

I meant in general, if she buys cheap cuts of meat to save money, there is nothing wrong with it. If she really made Joe pay for all those stuff, then ok yeah although the guy was a willing victim (until he left her of course), but since there is no way of knowing if these speculations are true, I'm just commenting on the "cheap cuts of meat" bit since that's something she admitted herself/can be verified.
As @Wheelsbaby mentioned, the fact he was able to settle things with the landlord before he informed Elle shows that he was the one handling the rent. Also their place together was far nicer than any other place Elle has been able to afford on her own, which heavily suggests that Joe was paying for or at least heavily subsidizing their rent.

One of the gossipers found Joe selling the furniture they bought together for their apartment on a Vancouver buy and sell page on Facebook (you can find the screenshot in an earlier thread) and he specifically mentioned that “I paid xyz for it from this store, selling at price.” The fact he kept pretty much all the furniture they bought together suggests that he was the one who bought them initially. Every piece that Eleanor brought with her to the relationship is still with her, as seen in her later apartment tour videos.

Pre-Joe, Elle had never hauled that much, nor did she have a cleaning lady or go to drybar regularly. If this was something she could afford on her own, no doubt we’d see more of it but the fact it only happened when she was with Joe heavily suggests that because he paid for all the large shared expenses, she was able to have more disposable income to spend on herself in this way.

There’s nothing wrong with buying cheaper cuts of meat to save money, especially if income is tight, but scrimping on ingredients (that you’re using to cook for the very boyfriend who pays for most things) while using that saved cash on daily Nordstrom hauls and drybar for yourself seems incredibly selfish.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
Pre-Joe, Elle had never hauled that much, nor did she have a cleaning lady or go to drybar regularly. If this was something she could afford on her own, no doubt we’d see more of it but the fact it only happened when she was with Joe heavily suggests that because he paid for all the large shared expenses, she was able to have more disposable income to spend on herself in this way.
She was at the dry bar at least twice a week during Joe-era. After that the only time she has mentioned Dry bar is the last video, where she mentions it was quite expensive. It definitely indicates when its her being single she scrimps, when a man is funding her lifestyle she starts bragging.

Reactions: 9
I really wonder if she was even on the lease when she and Joe lived together. 😂 Half joking, btw; I’m sure she was listed on the lease agreement for legality but my god, she must’ve not handled anything rent related at all for the full year she stayed with him.

In the back of my mind I always wondered how she didn’t know Joe was leaving because in every living situation I’ve been in where I lived with someone (whether it was a roommate or boyfriend) we were emailed if the lease was up, if rent was going up, if we had to make repairs or complaints, etc. I guess she just assumed he would take care of everything for her, much like a parent would for a child. Again, childishly stupid is what she is.

Reactions: 12
She was at the dry bar at least twice a week during Joe-era. After that the only time she has mentioned Dry bar is the last video, where she mentions it was quite expensive. It definitely indicates when its her being single she scrimps, when a man is funding her lifestyle she starts bragging.
If this is her scrimping, I'd hate to see her spend! ...except...I have...and I totally know what you mean! 😄😳

• Haha
Reactions: 8
I checked DryBar costs and if you wash your own hair and they just style it for you, it costs $25. It's not that bad. If they wash your hair for you, it's $50.

Certainly if Elle were a true girl boss, and she made a lot, then $200 per month (or even $100) per month is not that bad - ok a bit more with tips (supposing she went once per week), but still. It's still way way cheaper than all the handbags, cosmetics and clothing she does not need. For a real girl boss, going to DryBar may be relaxing and therapeutic. I think it's better value for money than Nordstrom hauls.

Reactions: 7
I checked DryBar costs and if you wash your own hair and they just style it for you, it costs $25. It's not that bad. If they wash your hair for you, it's $50.

Certainly if Elle were a true girl boss, and she made a lot, then $200 per month (or even $100) per month is not that bad - ok a bit more with tips (supposing she went once per week), but still. It's still way way cheaper than all the handbags, cosmetics and clothing she does not need. For a real girl boss, going to DryBar may be relaxing and therapeutic. I think it's better value for money than Nordstrom hauls.
She used to keep her head greasy and have them wash it at drybar (she’s mentioned this in a few vlogs).

$200-400 per month for someone to wash and blow out her hair (someone mentioned she went twice/week based on her vlogs), and now she’s complaining about a $50 tea advent calendar being very expensive. How the mighty have fallen...🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 17
It's not that bad if, before spending the money, you put some away for savings, retirement and investment. Highly doubt Elle was doing any of that, so I can't condone her spending hundreds on having people wash and style her hair.

I also think the Drybar visits were gross. She would talk openly about how her hair would have oil and product buildup in it, and how she would look forward to Drybar staff removing it. Who says that on video?!? It's like when she said her mirror was nasty because of all the hairspray... but it was OK because the maid was coming. No, get some Windex and clean it so it looks presentable.

She is such a spoiled brat, and her mom isn't much better. I cannot stand Karen mentality and those two embody it to the max.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Okay I’m going to leave these here and then I’m really going to make a concerted effort to not comment on her appearance anymore because no one is perfect and that’s out of your control. But please know that I’m not doing this to say she’s ugly because I don’t believe she is. I think she looks like a normal human. I’m doing this because they exemplify how she is NOT the “natural majestic European exotic rare beauty” that she thinks she is. So for anyone who watches her and feels bad about yourselves for how you look, don’t.

Attachments

• Haha
  • Sick
Okay I’m going to leave these here and then I’m really going to make a concerted effort to not comment on her appearance anymore because no one is perfect and that’s out of your control. But please know that I’m not doing this to say she’s ugly because I don’t believe she is. I think she looks like a normal human. I’m doing this because they exemplify how she is NOT the “natural majestic European exotic rare beauty” that she thinks she is. So for anyone who watches her and feels bad about yourselves for how you look, don’t.
I don't think you need to worry about any of us feeling bad about how we look relative to Smelle. If anything, it's given me tons of confidence, especially when comparing my natural face to her post surgery one. :ROFLMAO: #thankyousmelle

• Haha
It's not that bad if, before spending the money, you put some away for savings, retirement and investment. Highly doubt Elle was doing any of that, so I can't condone her spending hundreds on having people wash and style her hair.

I also think the Drybar visits were gross. She would talk openly about how her hair would have oil and product buildup in it, and how she would look forward to Drybar staff removing it. Who says that on video?!? It's like when she said her mirror was nasty because of all the hairspray... but it was OK because the maid was coming. No, get some Windex and clean it so it looks presentable.

She is such a spoiled brat, and her mom isn't much better. I cannot stand Karen mentality and those two embody it to the max.
She definitely is a spoiled brat. It’s really not that hard to keep the house presentable. She doesn’t have to make it spotless but at least keep it cosy and clean. My husband was the one who suggested that we should get a housekeeper but I said no. There are only 2 of us in the house, how dirty can we make it to be and how hard it is to just tidy up the place and wipe the hair spray off the mirror? I have a close friend who married a really rich guy and she still cleans the house on the daily basis. To be honest it takes really short time to do it if you do it on a daily basis. But our precious girlboss is too important to do trivial things like that I guess.

Reactions: 10
Wow, the chin implant (sorry, 'bad root canal') is very, very obvious in those pictures!

She really has no redeeming qualities does she?? :unsure:

Reactions: 6

She would openly talk about her greasy hair in front of Joe! In one video she filmed him in the view behind her while he was in the kitchen mentioning her gross her hair. He must have been repulsed while trying to make breakfast.

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 6
Even if you get a maid / cleaning service, he/she would still come only once per week. Nobody cleans the house for you in the meantime so you need to do it yourself. As for DryBar, Elle's hair looks about the same to me when she was going to DryBar vs doing it herself. I can't see the difference.

Even if you get a maid / cleaning service, he/she would still come only once per week. Nobody cleans the house for you in the meantime so you need to do it yourself. As for DryBar, Elle's hair looks about the same to me when she was going to DryBar vs doing it herself. I can't see the difference.
The real difference is she has nothing to brag about, although I do think her hair looks more oily and coated now.

Reactions: 8
The real difference is she has nothing to brag about, although I do think her hair looks more oily and coated now.
Dry shampoo works wonders. It's probably because she cut her own hair.

I don't know why Elle thinks it's a good idea to show up to work with pageant hair everyday regardless of circumstance. When I wear my hair down, I always put part of it up like half up and half down, for work. Or I wear my hair in a bun. It looks neater. Work isn't a beauty pageant.

Dry shampoo works wonders. It's probably because she cut her own hair.

I don't know why Elle thinks it's a good idea to show up to work with pageant hair everyday regardless of circumstance. When I wear my hair down, I always put part of it up like half up and half down, for work. Or I wear my hair in a bun. It looks neater. Work isn't a beauty pageant.
I think she was always so done up because work was her only outlet to dress up as she had no real life.

Reactions: 16
I think she was always so done up because work was her only outlet to dress up as she had no real life.
But Elle has Vancouver Club and goes out to eat a lot (especially with Ginette). That's more occasions than I have to dress up.

Elle needs to save up, learn investment and in simple pleasures of life (rather than spend, spend, spend). At this rate, she's going to be broke, alone and living with her cats at 50.

Last edited:
But Elle has Vancouver Club and goes out to eat a lot (especially with Ginette). That's more occasions than I have to dress up.

Elle needs to save up, learn investment and in simple pleasures of life (rather than spend, spend, spend). At this rate, she's going to be broke, alone and living with her cats at 50.
If she listens to any one of our “haters” suggestion, she would have done something differently 5 threads ago lol.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
Agreed, Vancouver club would be a good place to dress up if she had social gatherings with her friends there, but she seemed to only have that one Christmas dinner. She doesn’t seem to have friends to shop or eat with, no fun afternoon teas at hotels or boozy brunches.

She doesn’t eat out that much. Ginette visits once or twice a year. They don’t do fine dining. Mostly casual places like dimsum and ramen, in Hawaii as well, it’s cafes or an occasional hotel Buffet.

If she were actually a girl boss, she would have have client lunches, work events and generally more access to places where dressing up would be appropriate. For instance, when she dated Chris and Joe, she had places to go because she was their plus one to work events. By herself, she has nothing going on 🤷‍♀️

she dresses up for her cubicle job and pretends her yearly work trip is something fancy whenever it’s just training seminars...

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.