Eleanor Florence #6 Lawyer no more, pines for days of Joe yore, poor life choices galore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Do you think Elle's fans aren't aware of what constitutes high quality pearl jewelry? The only thing going for her brand is that some may find the convertible necklace/bracelet combination to be like a 2 for 1 type of deal. Elle has name dropped Mikimoto at some point, yet it's clear that her product is nowhere near that quality. If I were her, I wouldn't be mentioning such a respected pearl brand in fear of fans comparing online photos. I could see someone doing so to see if it's worth getting Nouvelle Pearl or saving up for Mikimoto. For fans as brand conscious as Elle, I'd assume that they'd prefer to save up for Mikimoto studs instead of a necklace from Nouvelle Pearl. Another possibility is that Elle purposely mentioned the brand. If a fans doesn't do proper research about the cost of pearl jewelry, they may believe that Elle's wares are on the affordable side compared to premium Mikimoto.

Her American fan base can find affordable pearls jewelry at discount retailers like Ross Dress for Less. Although inventory at those kind of places differs from store to store, I've seen genuine pearl necklace sets with earrings or a bracelet go for $20 and below. Besides the sets being cheaper, the stuff I saw was even is size compared to the mismatched shaped pearls that Elle chooses. Of course it's not Mikimoto quality, but it beats Nouvelle any day of the week.

Reactions: 9
Can you please speak further on this and provide photos if you have any? Someone in previous threads said it would be worthwhile to have a jeweller appraise Nouvelle Pearls.
I won’t bother having the pearls appraised. It’s clear as day they are cheap poor quality pearls. I would be laughed out of the store for even thinking they are worth having appraised.

I was browsing on Instagram and noticed she hasn’t posted to the nouvelle Pearl account since March yet she’s done 2 new collections since then. Its clear her customers must only come from her YouTube channel. She has not been able to gain an independent following for her pearl or scarf lines. Also Nouvelle Apparel there has been no new collection since November 2019 with the one color still available on her site. Sales must be slowing down since her audience is not growing and how many scarves/poor quality pearls could her fans need.

Last edited:
Reactions: 12
@LetThemEatLipstick
I can honestly give my opinion on this because I think about it a lot. The answer is: you only have one interest outside of family, sometimes not even. What I mean by that is, I put in serious work time — when I’m working, I’m WORKING. So that when I’m not working, I’m 100% with my family and don’t have to think about work. In the in-between spare hour or two, I work out (my one extra-curricular). There is literally no time for anything else because I also require 8 hours of sleep. It took me literally a decade of corporate climbing to finally understand this. I choose working out but I could have chosen spending time with friends, shopping, watching The Bachelor. I’m literally on the elliptical now. It all comes down to your own decisions on how you want to spend your time. Women can have good careers and healthy families, it’s possible. Just need to prioritize, focus, and cut out the other stuff. Sometimes I think about sharing my career/family balance on a YouTube channel or something but then realize there literally isn’t space on my schedule for that commitment, unless I cut out the 1-2 hrs of working out each day. Not willing to do that. Full-time careerwomen like Kristina Braly have YouTube as their “one-extra”... but you never see them hit the gym. Or they give up their 9-5 (Brooke Miccio, Natalie Barbu, Michelle Reed, Katy Bellotte, etc.), because there’s no time for that. There only seems to be enough hours in the day for ONE extra.
Kristina Braly does have a nanny to help her but I see what you mean and she has a second baby on the way.

Reactions: 1
Kristina Braly is the anaesthesiologist right? I'm in awe of her. Despite her very demanding job and having a family, she still finds time to post.

Reactions: 3
I also have some of Elle's pearls, and agree that they are not good. I wrote a longer post detailing my thoughts in a previous thread.

Long story short, they look and feel cheap and don't have much luster. I think the design with the silver separators is neat, but very poor execution.

I have some of her scarves and like them, but they are definitely overpriced. She changed suppliers and you can feel the difference, despite Elle's claims that they feel the same. The new ones aren't as soft as the old ones.

Reactions: 10
I’m just amazed that she keeps “launching” new products when she’s barely putting out content. Given her entire business is contingent upon her YouTube channel and presumably selling a lifestyle to her fans (her Joe era sales were by far the best she ever had judging by her vlogs), you’d think that she’d want to put in some effort with her videos. I doubt that squatter in Seattle whose desperate for a man during a global pandemic is a good image to base your business upon.

Reactions: 6
Still rewatching her old #girlboss epic videos from the Joe era. She says someone left a mean comment that she must live a life of leisure if all her work materials can be carried to and from the office in a luxury handbag. It really gets to her. Its a chip in the facade. She immediately says that the reason she can do that is her work materials are confidential and so they must stay in the office.

That may be the case, but she forgets that Elle doesn't stay in the office with her work materials. She was always out at the post office, brunch, the gym, Nordstrom, Hawaii . . . .

Yes, thank you! No one would have thought that autumn is a good season for plaid. Luckily, we have Princess Smelle who will guide us to the glory days of CLASSYLADYLIKEPUTTOGETHERFEMININE AESTHETICS.

Basically, she INVENTED plaid. Just look at these:
View attachment 243188View attachment 243189View attachment 243191

BTW, cue her sweaty face in photos 1 and 3 taken in humid Florida where she insisted on wearing scarves and long sleeve BECAUSE IT'S FALL 😂
Plaid with a chanel... puke

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Continuing my crawl through her vlogmas and girlboss videos today. On the Whistler trip one you really see Joe going from making little jokes to genuinely being annoyed with her, at least when she's filming.

They're getting ready to go for a trail walk and she's showing off her Lululemon getup with Merrell trail shoes. She is also taking a small Chanel bag that she can wear crosswise (Gee Elle, why don't you use that on your bike? It can't have fallen apart in only 3 years) and Joe is watching her and telling her she could just put her tit in his backpack if she didn't want to wear a thousand+ dollar bag into the woods on a muddy day. She didn't agree with his normal-person suggestion because . . . Elle.

Then after that walk they're getting lunch and he's full on done with her. You can tell he wanted to start eating and she forbade him from doing so until she filmed his plate of ribs. He says "Are we done showing off, can we eat our ribs?"

It would take him a few more months to realize it, but Joe finally came to the conclusion that Elle will likely never be done showing off.

Well, Ok, one day she'll start showing off less, but only after she doesn't have anything to show off when he's not picking up the tab any more!

• Heart
Reactions: 15
@LetThemEatLipstick

Kristina Braly does have a nanny to help her but I see what you mean and she has a second baby on the way.
I agree, having help does mean a lot. But I would argue that her nanny is really mostly there to baby-sit during work hours, and for those of us working women with children, school and after-school care was where we would send them during our working hours (not anymore, thanks to COVID).

The nanny doesn’t seem to be there during Kristina’s designated family time, just as my kiddo’s teachers aren’t here during mine, so I don’t think she’s substituting her as a parent during family time. To me it looks like when she’s at work, she WORKS (unlike Elle who has admitted several times to online shopping at her desk, one example in VLOGMAS DAY 9 - #HAULMAS in 2016), when she’s with family it really looks like they spend quality time together (from what the vlogs show), and she is still dedicated to her YouTube channel. I really don’t feel like her nanny is helping Kristina in more ways than my kid’s school and after-school care have helped me, but then again we don’t see everything that goes on.

Reactions: 6
Kristina Braley is pretty messed up though. Sure she is an anesthesiologist but she only did that bc she wanted the money that comes with being a Dr and not out of wanting to take care of people. Pretty sure she'd quit if her husband let her, but she needs to keep working to fund her shopping habits. Not to derail everything but I used to follow her gossip bakery thread and her family is all sorts of crazy too. So I don't really admire her for anything other than still having a job outside YouTube, she's all about keeping up with the Joneses and having everything new and brag worthy

• Wow
Kristina Braley is pretty messed up though. Sure she is an anesthesiologist but she only did that bc she wanted the money that comes with being a Dr and not out of wanting to take care of people. Pretty sure she'd quit if her husband let her, but she needs to keep working to fund her shopping habits. Not to derail everything but I used to follow her gossip bakery thread and her family is all sorts of crazy too. So I don't really admire her for anything other than still having a job outside YouTube, she's all about keeping up with the Joneses and having everything new and brag worthy
I haven’t watched her in a long time and I did not really enjoy her videos and she always seemed a bit intense to me. But I do admire her energy and work ethics. My husband is an anesthesiologist too and he gets up crazy early in the morning every day (always before 4:30) and is on call pretty frequently. When he gets home all he wants is just to relax and take his mind off work. It definitely requires lots of perseverance and passion in what she’s doing with YouTube to be able to keep doing it for so many years. And I think she started when she was a resident? Residency is even worse than her attending job so at least she must be good at time management.

Reactions: 9
Continuing my crawl through her vlogmas and girlboss videos today. On the Whistler trip one you really see Joe going from making little jokes to genuinely being annoyed with her, at least when she's filming.

They're getting ready to go for a trail walk and she's showing off her Lululemon getup with Merrell trail shoes. She is also taking a small Chanel bag that she can wear crosswise (Gee Elle, why don't you use that on your bike? It can't have fallen apart in only 3 years) and Joe is watching her and telling her she could just put her tit in his backpack if she didn't want to wear a thousand+ dollar bag into the woods on a muddy day. She didn't agree with his normal-person suggestion because . . . Elle.

Then after that walk they're getting lunch and he's full on done with her. You can tell he wanted to start eating and she forbade him from doing so until she filmed his plate of ribs. He says "Are we done showing off, can we eat our ribs?"

It would take him a few more months to realize it, but Joe finally came to the conclusion that Elle will likely never be done showing off.

Well, Ok, one day she'll start showing off less, but only after she doesn't have anything to show off when he's not picking up the tab any more!
Which video was this? I'm curious and ready to judge her trail walk outfits.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Which video was this? I'm curious and ready to judge her trail walk outfits.
It's Girlboss #7, Sea To Sky. Its the one right before the camping disaster.

I think the period around those two girlboss vlogs is maybe her last chance to have turned things around and be married to Joe with a kid and an au pair by now.

If she just chilled out a little on the Whistler trip. Didn't try to make everything a bragfest and said 'you know Joe, we're here at an outdoors resort, this is where you love to be. I'm going to leave my WeeVeeToh at home and just focus on enjoying it with you and not try to show off to everyone there.' It's fine if that's not her thing, but being in a partnership means that when you do things as a couple that are more the other person's jam, you have to let that person shine and let them show you what/why they love it.

Then Girlboss camping comes. That was really her last chance to try out his interests, let him shine, and be an involved partner. Even more important, his friends were going to be there, who he had likely known for many more years than he had known her. If she blew that, those friends would be in his ear for the next few months asking him WTF he's thinking if he contemplates marrying her even for a second. And what does she do? Does she hang out with everyone in normal clothes drinking beers and playing with the dog by the fire? No. She puts on a big show of opening a bottle of champagne that none of them want any part of and then sits alone in the tent smearing crap on her face.

There was no going back after that.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 13

I think the period around those two girlboss vlogs is maybe her last chance to have turned things around and be married to Joe with a kid and an au pair by now.

If she just chilled out a little on the Whistler trip. Didn't try to make everything a bragfest and said 'you know Joe, we're here at an outdoors resort, this is where you love to be. I'm going to leave my WeeVeeToh at home and just focus on enjoying it with you and not try to show off to everyone there.' It's fine if that's not her thing, but being in a partnership means that when you do things as a couple that are more the other person's jam, you have to let that person shine and let them show you what/why they love it.

Then Girlboss camping comes. That was really her last chance to try out his interests, let him shine, and be an involved partner. Even more important, his friends were going to be there, who he had likely known for many more years than he had known her. If she blew that, those friends would be in his ear for the next few months asking him WTF he's thinking if he contemplates marrying her even for a second. And what does she do? Does she hang out with everyone in normal clothes drinking beers and playing with the dog by the fire? No. She puts on a big show of opening a bottle of champagne that none of them want any part of and then sits alone in the tent smearing crap on her face.

Oh no!! I totally should have downloaded everything. I only downloaded the first two files...o_O

Will really appreciate it if someone can upload again...I know, I had my chance and missed it.

Reactions: 4

Just watched it (girlboss #7) and at the end of the vlog she was making coffee out of the espresso covered in cat fur... How hard it is for her to clean the espresso machine with a cleaning wipe before she makes her coffee? It just reminds of the vlog where she stirred her drink with her finger 🤢

• Sick
Reactions: 7
Oh no!! I totally should have downloaded everything. I only downloaded the first two files...o_O

Will really appreciate it if someone can upload again...I know, I had my chance and missed it.
Same here! I only downloaded some Vlogmas vids.

I know this has been asked a million times but we do have some new gossipers so I figured I’d give it a shot - does anyone have any Rick era videos? Specifically, the engagement one and also the vlog where they go to Ohio or Nola and his head crashes into hers at a restaurant. Many thanks!

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.