Eleanor Florence #6 Lawyer no more, pines for days of Joe yore, poor life choices galore

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Is it possible to ask the mods to just remove “Joe” from the title? It would still be accurate and have a nice ring to it.
I can certainly try! However, I've been active on other boards where they tried getting a title changed and it didn't happen, so I'm not sure it's possible. But we can definitely keep this in mind going forward and be more cautious about our titles. And luckily Joe is a super common name and we don't give his full name either so it should be anonymous enough. The ones in the know (subscribers who watched Joe-era videos) will know exactly who it is anyways.

Reactions: 11
Thanks for the speculation ladies but nope, not Joe or his gf. I’ve posted at times in the other threads, so not sure why my last post is causing issues.

And re: colleagues. The bar in most provinces is pretty smell and everyone more or less knows of everyone. Maybe someone from the BC/Vancouver bar can speak to it more but I know I hear gossip about lawyers at other firms all the time. Our lives are boring. We look for entertainment anywhere we can get.

Reactions: 8
Thanks for the speculation ladies but nope, not Joe or his gf. I’ve posted at times in the other threads, so not sure why my last post is causing issues.
What caused speculation was the post (from Penny_lane) you quoted.

Reactions: 9
Having Joe's name in the title seems like much ado about nothing. Rick, Joe, Chris and Ginette have all been mentioned here repeatedly and it's not like we are using their full names.

There are over 10,000 lawyers in BC -- it's not that small of a group. I highly doubt those lawyers are gossiping about boring old Joe and they would never find their way to this website.

And re: colleagues. The bar in most provinces is pretty smell and everyone more or less knows of everyone. Maybe someone from the BC/Vancouver bar can speak to it more but I know I hear gossip about lawyers at other firms all the time. Our lives are boring. We look for entertainment anywhere we can get.
I don’t think they were talking about you, @mininaz.

They were talking about @Penny_lane. You quoted this person’s comment, but now none of us can see that original comment, and this person’s profile has been deleted (when I @ed it here, no profile popped up).

This is what happens when you click on @Penny_lane:
1600263810429.jpeg

My guess is that it’s either Joe or someone who knows Joe/Elle personally. Why else would they care if the most common male name of the 20 - 60 yr old age range (“Average Joe”, “Joe Schmoe”, etc.) was in the title of an obscure Youtuber’s obscure online gossip thread #6? There’s a personal connection, that’s why.

And it brings me immense joy that someone close to Joe and/or Elle knows about this thread and follows closely enough to jump on the first day a new thread has been created to provide us this juicy fodder.

My Wednesday is made.

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 13
What if it's actually Smelle who posted that 🤭 She wants no trace of her exes so her future victims don't have a reference point.

• Haha
Reactions: 6
What if it's actually Smelle who posted that 🤭 She wants no trace of her exes so her future victims don't have a reference point.
Well, jokes on her because not only do we discuss her past victims, it's also in the summary for new gossipers in the first post. :devilish:

We all knew she was lazy but is anyone else a bit surprised that she's launching something new again? This is like...the 3rd or 4th video since Eleanor Floence took the idea for the mask/glasses chain from this board and launched that. She's barely put out any content and the content she has put out were pretty boring and barely registered many views. Are people actually purchasing enough of her shoddy goods that she can do this? Her channel is gonna turn into the shopping channel real quick, with all proceeds funding Eleanor Lecocq's botox and plastic surgery maintenance, ugly cashmere sweaters, and low-cut tops.

I don’t think they were talking about you, @mininaz.

They were talking about @Penny_lane. You quoted this person’s comment, but now none of us can see that original comment, and this person’s profile has been deleted (when I @ed it here, no profile popped up).

This is what happens when you click on @Penny_lane:
View attachment 244143

My guess is that it’s either Joe or someone who knows Joe/Elle personally. Why else would they care if the most common male name of the 20 - 60 yr old age range (“Average Joe”, “Joe Schmoe”, etc.) was in the title of an obscure Youtuber’s obscure online gossip thread #6? There’s a personal connection, that’s why.

And it brings me immense joy that someone close to Joe and/or Elle knows about this thread and follows closely enough to jump on the first day a new thread has been created to provide us this juicy fodder.

My Wednesday is made.
Thanks for clarifying everyone!

My week has been made too

Reactions: 1
She's basically the Zara of shoddy pearl jewellery world 😂. Churning out a new 'collection' every week. 52 collections a year.

• Haha
Long time lurker here. I only follow two threads on tattle which are Elle and Lornaluxe (British Instagram celeb). I didn’t realized how these two are similar until today. You can pretty much predict Elle’s life in 10 years from Lorna since they have so many shared behaviors and traits:
1) mispronounce things in fake accents to build a fancy persona
2) Misrepresentation of information, like Elle being a lawyer or in-house council; Lorna living in a two-bed ‘huge mansion’
3) Way too concerned at body size: Elle’s always size 2 no matter fit or not; Lorna wears oversized uk 12 to hide her true figure
4) Low quality merchandise ‘designed’ by themselves: Elle’s pearl and scarf business; Lorna’s flammable InTheStyle collaboration
5) Clown makeup and overly used filler/filters to enhance their appearance

The list goes on and on. It makes me wonder whether Elle will find a much older divorced guy to support her shopping and (under the best situation) she became a somewhat ( laughable) influencer (with Lorna’s 1.1 M subscriber) in ten years and for sure she will claim she’s a self-made successful girl boss 🙄🙄🙄

• Wow
Reactions: 5
Nah, if (and this is a big if) she's anything like how she's being portrayed in this forum, she'd probably continue to get a kick out of being associated with those men.

I don't have any beef against Elle and think some posts here tend to border on mean. I find her eating/cooking diary videos mildly interesting. I don't watch her enough so I don't really have a solid opinion on her. I did however really think she was working as a lawyer back in Vancouver and I was so surprised when it didn't turn out to be the case.

But I am curious if her pearls and scarves are actually up to the quality she claims they are. If they're really cashmere and akoya pearls, then her pricing seems to be fine, but if they're really cheap crap from Alibaba then that's not good.

Reactions: 1
Someone in the last thread bought some of her freshwater pearls and they were terrible quality for the price. There are at least 2 other people from GG who’ve commented Elle’s jewelry are horrible quality. Due to that I wouldn’t trust what she says about her akoyas and would never buy them. Elle is not GIA certified (which is really important if you want to be taken seriously in the fine jewelry industry, which Elle seems to try to advertise herself as) and her only jewelry making experience was from high school when she apprenticed under a local jeweler. Given that she’s turning 32 in a couple months and hasn’t done any proper training (which consists of taking classes at a proper trade/vocational school), her “experience” was over 10 years ago.

As far as her cashmere is concerned, she sources from a Nepalese supplier mentioned on previous threads here and GG. The quality is decent but not worth the price she is selling at. Anyone can buy those cashmere scarves at much less just without the “Nouvelle Apparel” label. Even if one didn’t know where Elle sources her scarves, I wouldn’t rely on her expertise in this area, either. Elle’s personal collection of cashmere consists of Halogen and house brands. She doesn’t own any luxury labeled cashmere (ie, Loro Piana, Brunello Cucinelli, Chanel, etc) and doesn’t even bother with smaller brands known for their quality cashmere (ie, Brora, Malo, Johnston of Elgin, Eric Bompard, etc).

• Heart
Reactions: 10
Someone in the last thread bought some of her freshwater pearls and they were terrible quality for the price. There are at least 2 other people from GG who’ve commented Elle’s jewelry are horrible quality. Due to that I wouldn’t trust what she says about her akoyas and would never buy them. Elle is not GIA certified (which is really important if you want to be taken seriously in the fine jewelry industry, which Elle seems to try to advertise herself as) and her only jewelry making experience was from high school when she apprenticed under a local jeweler. Given that she’s turning 32 in a couple months and hasn’t done any proper training (which consists of taking classes at a proper trade/vocational school), her “experience” was over 10 years ago.

As far as her cashmere is concerned, she sources from a Nepalese supplier mentioned on previous threads here and GG. The quality is decent but not worth the price she is selling at. Anyone can buy those cashmere scarves at much less just without the “Nouvelle Apparel” label. Even if one didn’t know where Elle sources her scarves, I wouldn’t rely on her expertise in this area, either. Elle’s personal collection of cashmere consists of Halogen and house brands. She doesn’t own any luxury labeled cashmere (ie, Loro Piana, Brunello Cucinelli, Chanel, etc) and doesn’t even bother with smaller brands known for their quality cashmere (ie, Brora, Malo, Johnston of Elgin, Eric Bompard, etc).
The person who posted on the previous thread added photos, and you can clearly see the pearls she bought are not uniform in color or shape. Most importantly, she mentioned the beads in her necklace were chipping, if I remember correctly! And Elle doesn’t take returns —. I think that is enough to not buy from her. Her “designs” are also not anything special or unique, and, in general, pashminas and pearls are rather outdated, imho.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
The person who posted on the previous thread added photos, and you can clearly see the pearls she bought are not uniform in color or shape. Most importantly, she mentioned the beads in her necklace were chipping, if I remember correctly! And Elle doesn’t take returns —. I think that is enough to not buy from her. Her “designs” are also not anything special or unique, and pashminas and pearls are rather outdated, imho.
The pearls also had a lot of imperfections like brown spots and dents. Clearly not high quality.

The person who posted on the previous thread added photos, and you can clearly see the pearls she bought are not uniform in color or shape. Most importantly, she mentioned the beads in her necklace were chipping, if I remember correctly! And Elle doesn’t take returns —. I think that is enough to not buy from her. Her “designs” are also not anything special or unique, and pashminas and pearls are rather outdated, imho.
Exactly. I’ve seen some nice baroque pearls sold on Pearl Paradise (which does returns, btw!!!) that are much cheaper and look WAY nicer than what Elle sells. I have a necklace from them (gifted by my fiancé) and they will restring your pearls yearly, if needed. I can’t see Smelley offering that type of service with her shoddy pearls. She probably doesn’t even know what restringing is. 🙄

• Haha
Exactly. I’ve seen some nice baroque pearls sold on Pearl Paradise (which does returns, btw!!!) that are much cheaper and look WAY nicer than what Elle sells. I have a necklace from them (gifted by my fiancé) and they will restring your pearls yearly, if needed. I can’t see Smelley offering that type of service with her shoddy pearls. She probably doesn’t even know what restringing is. 🙄
I bet she can restring....for an exorbitant fee! After all, she's a "small business who can't afford to take losses like returns due to hygiene reasons" but she can take turns to cook, eat, touch her cats, and string those exact pearls without washing her hands in between.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 11
The pearls also had a lot of imperfections like brown spots and dents. Clearly not high quality.
I was on of the people who bought her pearls and yes they are terrible. Mine are not all dented with brown spots. I felt so cheated by her when I received the pearls.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
I was on of the people who bought her pearls and yes they are terrible. Mine are not all dented with brown spots. I felt so cheated by her when I received the pearls.
Can you please speak further on this and provide photos if you have any? Someone in previous threads said it would be worthwhile to have a jeweller appraise Nouvelle Pearls.

Reactions: 4
Can you please speak further on this and provide photos if you have any? Someone in previous threads said it would be worthwhile to have a jeweller appraise Nouvelle Pearls.
As much as I’d like to expose Elle for overcharging her jewelry, I’d advise against getting an official appraisal as the service is expensive and not worth it given her jewelry’s atrocious quality. It is only worth appraising something for insurance purposes or if you’re able to get your money back. :confused:

On the other hand if you already have a jeweler you work with and are close with them (second part really important), you could bring the piece in and ask what they think about the quality. The reason why the second part is important is because it’s important to get a brutally honest opinion and it’s in bad taste for a jeweler (and their business) if they badmouth a client’s personal jewelry piece.

Last edited:
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.