Ed Sheeran

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How's he not already have a thread when he's one of the biggest names in Music? I don't mind his songs, I like he's got a strong relationship especially by celebrity standards and I like a lot that he's a massive tax payer and doesn't try and hide his millions like a lot of famous people do. Now I know he tends to copy songs from the past because there are only so many ways to play a guitar and make the tune sound original. But jeez he likes to copy a song. The Matt Cardle rip off is probably the one that has had the most press coverage and it's undeniable.

Reactions: 3
From what I know from mutual friends who've known him for years, he's one of the good ones. Loyal and pretty much the same as he was from years ago. I always admired that when he became successful, he got people to support him that he gigged with when he started. He could have done the usual thing of getting bands to pay to open up for him. But he didn't. That says a lot about someone as a person.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
From what I know from mutual friends who've known him for years, he's one of the good ones. Loyal and pretty much the same as he was from years ago. I always admired that when he became successful, he got people to support him that he gigged with when he started. He could have done the usual thing of getting bands to pay to open up for him. But he didn't. That says a lot about someone as a person.
Yep one of the nicest people in music industry.

• Heart
Reactions: 8
Plus he made it the old school way - just gigged his arse off and steadily built up an audience from doing that. A two fingers up to labels who told him that he was too chubby and ginger to get a deal...

• Heart
Reactions: 17
If I Could Turn Back The Hands Of Time is hardly a work of immense originality either.

It's a bit of a shame that Ed's tracks have become more generic songwriting wise. I preferred his earlier more inspired pre-major label debut album stuff.

"The Joker And The Queen"'s probably the best thing he's done in a while. It'll probably be the song most played as a first dance at weddings this year...

Reactions: 8
If I Could Turn Back The Hands Of Time is hardly a work of immense originality either.

It's a bit of a shame that Ed's tracks have become more generic songwriting wise. I preferred his earlier more inspired pre-major label debut album stuff.

"The Joker And The Queen"'s probably the best thing he's done in a while. It'll probably be the song most played as a first dance at weddings this year...
That's a classic tune tarnished by being linked to R Kelly. I agree about that song being played at weddings. He's more popular for his up tempo songs but tunes like his latest, Perfect and Thinking Out Loud are all brilliant ballads.

Reactions: 3
I lost a little interest in his music for a while a-team was a great song, but recently had a resurgence bad habits is a banger!

Reactions: 5
I lost a little interest in his music for a while a-team was a great song, but recently had a resurgence bad habits is a banger!
Bad habits is good but I can never forget it sounds exactly like Smalltown Boy by Bronski Beat, then Get The Party Started by Pink

Reactions: 1
Bad habits is good but I can never forget it sounds exactly like Smalltown Boy by Bronski Beat, then Get The Party Started by Pink
See I don't hear that but your probably right, but he'll there's only so many musical notes! It's not as bad as dua lipas knock off song or blurred lines

I do think he's been on shaky ground too many times re...well, being derivative of other songs.

Reactions: 4
See I don't hear that but your probably right, but he'll there's only so many musical notes! It's not as bad as dua lipas knock off song or blurred lines
Oh I agree - it’s just when something stands out it sticks in your head i guess.

The Pink bit is when the beat kicks in. Replace…
“My bad habits lead to late nights endin' alone
Conversations with a stranger I barely know“ with
“Get this party started on a Saturday night
Everybody's waitin' for me to arrive…”

it’s 2 for the price of 1 in the (alleged) copying stakes 😂

Reactions: 1
Oh dear. Nothing to do with that. "A bit of my song sounds like that bit of your song" isn't a strong foundation for a plagiarism claim.

Reactions: 4
He's no longer got the shivers about this case. His castle on the hill won't be sold for legal costs.

• Haha
Reactions: 2

Yel

Good on him for fighting it, seemed a clear case of abuse and someone wanting publicly.

He's spot on with this and at least he's used his money to set a precedent out of principal. He could have settled and saved lots of time but didn't.

he said there was now a culture "where a claim is made with the idea that a settlement will be cheaper than taking it to court, even if there's no basis for the claim".
He added: "It's really damaging to the songwriting industry. There's only so many notes and very few chords used in pop music."

Edit, this latest headline - I just think you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes. I'm sure his publicity and extra streams will help to make a big dent in the fees.

'This is the beginning not the end': Grime artist Sami Switch breaks silence after losing copyright court battle with Ed Sheeran as judge rules Shape of You was not a copy of his song Oh Why leaving him facing '£1MILLION' bill
  • Sami Chokri, who performs as Sami Switch, shared a clip of two people swimming in the sea on his Instagram
  • He penned a cryptic caption with the video, adding: 'Through despair I found an instant highway to gratitude'
  • The rapper's comments came swiftly after a judge rejected his claim Sheeran had ripped off his 2015 song
  • In his ruling, Mr Justice Zacaroli concluded Sheeran 'neither deliberately nor subconsciously' copied a phrase
  • After the case, Sheeran blasted the 'damaging' copyright claim culture that is ripping through music industry

Last edited:
Reactions: 2