Ed Sheeran

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's weird though because he's so desperate for priavcy he wanted his own church and pub on his estate but whenever he has something to sell, he does all the usual tacky soul bearing the more talentless, pathetic zelebs do.

He does sound like a nice dude where it matters but I find him annoying in this respect.
I don't understand. He does "all the usual tacky soul-baring"? In what way

The PR trail when an album drops and they go on about their personal lives.
Sheeran is one of the few major artists who doesn't bare his soul in a tacky way while promoting a record. He's been more open than usual this time because of the events that led him to make the album (his friend dying and his wife becoming ill while pregnant). I think a little soul-baring is excusable, given the circumstances.

Reactions: 4
I think I'm just tired of celeb sharing in general.

It's very hard to avoid these days even if you try.

I don't mean to be a witch as I'm absolutely empathic to anyone who has been through what Ed and Cherry have, it's just there's this tendency that celebs are treated like the only ones to have these experiences. Nobody is interested when it's just us normies.

Reactions: 4
I watched episode 1 before it was ok. They seem nice enough. Super privileged but he works hard so good luck to them. It was a bit boring tbh x

Did he ever say what was wrong with his wife? It was very vague.
It's been reported this week. She had cancer of some sort. A lump in the arm that required removal but couldn't be done whilst pregnant. She's had the all clear now.
I presume Ewings Sarcoma or similar but they haven't named the type of cancer.

I think I'm just tired of celeb sharing in general.

It's very hard to avoid these days even if you try.

I don't mean to be a witch as I'm absolutely empathic to anyone who has been through what Ed and Cherry have, it's just there's this tendency that celebs are treated like the only ones to have these experiences. Nobody is interested when it's just us normies.
You weren't a witch, and I quite agree - there's far too much sharing by celebs these days. Far too much sharing of their uninteresting "journeys" through one "challenge" or another. (On a Facebook hair group I'm in, all the members are on "hair journeys," which used to just be known as "styling your hair.")

But there's less of a gap between celebs and norms now, considering that any norm can become a celeb by getting onto Love Island, so blame reality TV for our current distorted view of what celebrity means.

I do like Ed as a person, he seems a decent guy, but his music can be a bit grating. His voice sounds quite whiny when he sings, and so many of his songs are a bit dour imo, similar to Adele. I know that's just my opinion though. Anyone else have similar opinions on him?

Reactions: 1