Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
Tweets like this make me laugh. Famous people enjoy pubs just like the rest of us.

And ed is one of the more grounded celebs, so it almost seems normal for him to be down the pub.

But, one thing, he needs to take the coat off or he won't feel the benefit when he leaves.

• Haha
Reactions: 32

PeteM

VIP Member
From what I know from mutual friends who've known him for years, he's one of the good ones. Loyal and pretty much the same as he was from years ago. I always admired that when he became successful, he got people to support him that he gigged with when he started. He could have done the usual thing of getting bands to pay to open up for him. But he didn't. That says a lot about someone as a person.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

PeteM

VIP Member
Plus he made it the old school way - just gigged his arse off and steadily built up an audience from doing that. A two fingers up to labels who told him that he was too chubby and ginger to get a deal...

• Heart
Reactions: 17

PeteM

VIP Member
I don't know, I find it quite refreshing that he's a genuine decent person who's happened to become very successful and not shaft people. He's made it the old school way by gigging his ginger arse off and connecting with people that way. I remember passing a venue in Camden back in 2010 one afternoon where he was due to play that evening - the line of people waiting to get in was massive, and this was when he was still releasing music independently.

I can think of more gifted artists but there's no denying that he's talented - I'm always pleased to see a rare case of meritocracy such as this happen.

Reactions: 14

Tiggerhappy

VIP Member
And ed is one of the more grounded celebs, so it almost seems normal for him to be down the pub.

But, one thing, he needs to take the coat off or he won't feel the benefit when he leaves.
That's an expensive/in demand coat though. He'll be on strict instructions from his mother not to let it out of his sight.

2 of my nieces have one and God forbid they bloody lose it... šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 11

StephenTJackson

VIP Member
His current Manchester concerts (yesterday until Sunday) he's making sure you pay for overpriced stuff inside the stadium when you look at the banned items list......

The prices? FROM Ā£2.50 for a bottle of WATER!!!!

This is only the same as 99.9% of venues in the country. That banned list including food and drink is standard. Venues always gonna be protecting their revenues from food and drink.

Reactions: 10

PeteM

VIP Member
If I Could Turn Back The Hands Of Time is hardly a work of immense originality either.

It's a bit of a shame that Ed's tracks have become more generic songwriting wise. I preferred his earlier more inspired pre-major label debut album stuff.

"The Joker And The Queen"'s probably the best thing he's done in a while. It'll probably be the song most played as a first dance at weddings this year...

Reactions: 8

coconochanel

VIP Member
From what I know from mutual friends who've known him for years, he's one of the good ones. Loyal and pretty much the same as he was from years ago. I always admired that when he became successful, he got people to support him that he gigged with when he started. He could have done the usual thing of getting bands to pay to open up for him. But he didn't. That says a lot about someone as a person.
Yep one of the nicest people in music industry.

• Heart

sparklemotion

Have to agree, one of my friends works in what used to be the Ritz Carlton in Powerscourt, think they're the Marriott now. They get all manner of wannabes, influenzas etc, most of whom are a pain the whole to deal with and expect everything for free, but they did have Ed there for a weekend (he paid for) and he was an absolute sweetheart, overtipped everyone from the girls at reception to the waiters and bar staff.

• Heart

Cosmicpixiesb

Saw him live last night thinking he'd not be a "stadium act" - boy was I wrong. I liked him but thought smaller venues would be better. Credit where credit is due. He broke up a fight during a song. Hyped up his support acts. Genuinely seems lovely.

Reactions: 7

Mcomics

Chatty Member
I lost a little interest in his music for a while a-team was a great song, but recently had a resurgence bad habits is a banger!

Reactions: 5

veevee04

VIP Member
I loved ed when he first came out in my teenage years . His loose change album, no 5 collaborations , songs I wrote with Amy and + were amazing. He has really good song writing skills. He's lost his way a bit, bad habits and shiver sound like every other pop song. He's overexposed and not at all unique anymore which is a shame.

It's also a travesty he never released some of his best songs as singles , Little Bird , Homeless , You Kiss me and Tenerife Sea were amazing.

Reactions: 5