Eat Out To Help Out Scheme

will you be making most of the discount and eating out?

• yes

Votes: 250 62.7%
  • no

Votes: 97 24.3%
  • not sure

Votes: 52 13.0%

• Total voters
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Probably not, I’m not booking anything anyway. I might sit in and have a Costa if it’s not too busy but that’s probably about it

Reactions: 1
It’s my little brothers 18th tonight so we were going out for a meal anyways! May as well pick some place that’s doing the discount, my mum is happy that she doesn’t have to fork out for a meal for 6 😂 now is like a meal for 3

• Haha
Reactions: 2
We're going to try a couple of places that have always been on our list but been 50/50 about.

At least if we don't like it we've had money off 😌😂

Reactions: 1
No. I'd rather pay more to avoid busy times 😂😂 not just for coronavirus reasons but because Im antisocial

• Haha
Reactions: 29
It’s my little brothers 18th tonight so we were going out for a meal anyways! May as well pick some place that’s doing the discount, my mum is happy that she doesn’t have to fork out for a meal for 6 😂 now is like a meal for 3
18, what does 18 feel like. So long ago I've forgotten. Hope you all have a great time.

Yel

I really hate this scheme. Future generations saddled with debt because people are paid to stay at home, then paid to eat out, then bought a free bike 🙄

But if they deduct it automatically I guess I'll get it a few times. Do you have to ask for it? Just had a drink and cake at Costa and was charged full price. Or do you have to order something to eat (I know it's in the name😆)?

Reactions: 11
Only some of the pubs are doing it near me, so it'd mean going into town for an unnecessary journey. Maybe I'll get a costa but other than that I'm not sure if I'll use it.

I really hate this scheme. Future generations saddled with debt because people are paid to stay at home, then paid to eat out, then bought a free bike 🙄

But if they deduct it automatically I guess I'll get it a few times. Do you have to ask for it? Just had a drink and cake at Costa and was charged full price. Or do you have to order something to eat (I know it's in the name😆)?
Drinks arnt included. Did you eat in or take out?

Drinks are i thought but just not alcohol? (Like if yoy buy a meal and a drink it's 50%off both up to £10.)You do have to eat in though.

We've booked 5 meals already 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
Soft drinks are. It’s just no alcohol and it should automatically been done without asking. Basically the places are still getting the money they’ll be claiming it back off the government, which we’ll then pay in increased taxes at some point anyway.

• to get a 50% discount on food or non-alcoholic drinks to eat or drink in (up to a maximum of £10 discount per diner)
  • every Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday between 3 and 31 August
  • as many times as you like
You do not need a voucher to use this scheme and you can use it at the same time as other offers and discounts. There is no minimum spend.

Reactions: 4
Going out to a restaurant for the first time since February tonight, can’t wait.

Booked a pancake lunch at Stack and Still for tomorrow too. I’ve worked on the frontline all the way through this pandemic, it’s my days off, too right I’m going to finally enjoy myself with my family. 😂 😋

• Heart
Reactions: 19
We’re going to give Bem Brasil a try at some point this month as we’ve wanted to go for a while, so might as well go whilst this offer is on!

Tried to get a table at Nando’s last week whilst out shopping and the wait was 2 hours using an online queue system where they text you to come back when your table is ready, needless to say we didn’t wait. God knows how long the wait will be now it’s 50% off Mon-Wed!

• Wow
  • Heart

Yel

Drinks are officially included just not booze.

I just had lunch and my main and drink were included without asking then went back to get a desert and was told it wasn't included as apparently it was only 4.50 and needs to be over a tenner as it's a gov scheme. 😂 Obviously not true, but maybe that chain it was it's rule. Moral of the story order it all at once!

• Haha
I wonder how many restaurants will commit fraud, and claim they sold a meal and just claim the free bit from the government.

Reactions: 9
Has anyone done the 'go in and order sit down for a second then go out and eat food in car' scam yet? :giggle:

• Haha
Reactions: 9
I wonder how many restaurants will commit fraud, and claim they sold a meal and just claim the free bit from the government.
As a qualified accountant I can promise you this will not happen because
A) they’d have to pay more tax
B) where would the income be coming from on their accounts, as in the 50% of the meal the customer pays for. They’d have to pay it out of their personal account / cash
C) stock levels wouldn’t match up.
D) multiple people would need to be involved with the fraud to bypass it and wouldn’t happen unless a family owned restaurant or pub
They might be able to get away with under 10 meals but what’s the point.

Reactions: 10