Eat Out To Help Out Scheme

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Bugger never thought of that. What about Starbucks do they do the same? I dont normally eat in so I dont know.
I'm hoping Starbucks are part of it. If you eat in they put the food item on a plate. I live off their food items for breakfast/lunch when I'm working away and it's on expenses but I'm still on furlough and too mean with myself to spend my own money on them full price :ROFLMAO:

Im going to Starbucks and will be eating outside if I cant sit in for a sec and run :giggle: do you have to spend £10 to get the money off or is it up to £10 off?
I think the maximum discount you can get on food/drink is £10 per person. I’ve got a voucher for a free drink anyway, so it’ll be 2 x cake and a bottle of apple juice, but I’ll still happily use my discount - before I have to do the weekly food shop in Aldi 😭

Reactions: 1
I'm hoping Starbucks are part of it. If you eat in they put the food item on a plate. I live off their food items for breakfast/lunch when I'm working away and it's on expenses but I'm still on furlough and too mean with myself to spend my own money on them full price :ROFLMAO:
Starbucks are doing it - https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www....292588/starbucks-eat-out-help-out-prices/amp/

Are Starbucks doing it?
Yes, as far as internet says - I’ve attached a link x

Reactions: 2
I’m planning to go out to support some local, independent restaurants. They were shut for 4 months and the industry is on its knees. The redundancies are now coming through thick and fast but hopefully this will save some jobs.

Reactions: 7
Yay, thank you! 😊

Just when I thought I was getting to grips with my diet this happens 🤦‍♀️ Mon/Tues/Weds is the new weekend 🤣
I was re-starting slimming world (from home) this week - hmmm, maybe not 😆 Only me and kids can’t really utilise this as hubby at work; I may just use the discounts for cake! Cake and coffee!!

I was re-starting slimming world (from home) this week - hmmm, maybe not 😆 Only me and kids can’t really utilise this as hubby at work; I may just use the discounts for cake! Cake and coffee!!
That’s a good idea! We’re both off on furlough and even though I love cooking I am getting a bit tired of having done so every single night bar the odd takeaway since lockdown when I’m usually away most of the week so the struggle to be good is real 🤣

Yel

I can't believe people are lining up outside nandos and 5 guys yet most other places are dead to save £10 😵

Even at half price 5 guys only feels like what it should cost

Reactions: 12
I can't believe people are lining up outside nandos and 5 guys yet most other places are dead to save £10 😵

Even at half price 5 guys only feels like what it should cost
Tried to get a table at our closest Nando’s about an hour ago and was told it’s currently a 3 and a half hour wait!

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Just did a drive by of our local restaurants. Queue outside Nando’s I counted 16 groups/couples and it’s not a big place inside so god knows how long they’re going to have to wait. To save a tenner it doesn’t seem worth it. Other pubs/ restaurants seemed to have a respectable amount of people but nothing that crazy.

I’ll never understand what people see in Nando’s! I’d rather support smaller businesses right now, although I do love a Starbucks 🙈

Reactions: 8
I’ve only ever had tit meals at Nando’s (I’ve got 3 teenagers - I don’t think I would go otherwise)

Reactions: 3
No, im more likely to go when it’s quiet 😊, also it would be all of us going and the children wouldn’t be able to agree what to eat! I think it’s a nice idea and I’m sure will be enjoyed by lots of people. I think if I was on a staycation somewhere I would be more inclined.

BREAKING NEWS.

The total number of coronavirus cases in the UK has soared after the newest U.K.
*you couldn’t make this tit up*
scheme was launched in the last 24 hours.

The latest figures come after Boris Johnson, who’s partial to a Big Mac and a McFlurry....
said the government was putting some of the country in lockdown again in its fight to stop the spread
encouraging fuckers to go and queue at Burger King or Spoons for discounted food, like a bunch of bleeping idiots.
(And if you went for a “cheeky Nando’s” get the duck out of here 🤣)

As of 9am today, a total of 3,771 people had been tested.
were posting on twitter, images of their smug ugly ass faces, chomping down on a McDonald’s hash brown and small fries. 🙂🙂 oh it’s discounted make that a large 😋

Ten patients who tested positive in the UK over the last 24 hours opted to sit in at Spoons,
but don’t worry, they washed their hands 🙂

in other news, anyone want a free bike?
keep an eye on your Twitter feed, your area might be in lockdown by 12 midnight.
but the fries were good right 😬

• Haha
I ended up using the scheme today but never planned to. I met my bf in the local on our lunch break and they were quiet in there but doing the scheme so sat in the garden and had a steak and chips for a fiver. Saves me cooking tonight 😂 I wasn’t intending to use the scheme as didn’t want to queue anywhere or be anywhere busy so doubt il bother for the rest of the month.

Reactions: 2
I just wanted a half price maccies but you have to sit in and have it. No thanks lol

Yel

I really don't think history is going to judge this as being a good idea. Most places are just junk food and it's encouraging lots of people to have way more calories during a pandemic where little is known other that overweight people are more at risk 🤦‍♀️.

Fed up of seeing the chancellor rishi gurning in wagamuma and people thanking him. He isn't paying for it, our children and grandchildren will be 😶

Reactions: 9
Been out had a great time, restaurant was full there were people out and about and in my city and it felt normal was some life about the place. Will be back out next Monday 🤣