Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

LittleMy

VIP Member
Going out to a restaurant for the first time since February tonight, can’t wait.

Booked a pancake lunch at Stack and Still for tomorrow too. I’ve worked on the frontline all the way through this pandemic, it’s my days off, too right I’m going to finally enjoy myself with my family. 😂 😋

• Heart
Reactions: 19

Yel

Chatty Member
I'm getting increasingly annoyed every time I hear "a Rishi dishy" or "cheers Rishi" he ain't paying for this, you and your grandchildren are! It's just part of keeping one of the most unequal developed countries in the world ticking along. Bread and circuses :LOL:

• Haha
Reactions: 16

Yel

Chatty Member
I can't believe people are lining up outside nandos and 5 guys yet most other places are dead to save £10 😵

Even at half price 5 guys only feels like what it should cost

Reactions: 12

Chicken&Bacon

I went out for dinner monday tuesday and wednesday this week :ROFLMAO: wont be doing the same next week....or will i

• Haha
Reactions: 12

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
My partner is the manager of a pub and the last 3 weeks Monday-Wednesday I've barely seen him and when i have its been late at night and he's been miserable. Customers have been rude to him and customers have completely ignored social distancing. It has took a big strain on him. He's done massive food orders and they keep being sold out. Customers speak to him like shit. Its horrible to hear. There are people like that all year round, I've seen him angry after having to deal with customers before but not like this. Covid just makes it so much worse.
I've seen an article tonight too saying that some places have had to pull out of it due to the stress of it. I can understand after seeing my partner.

Fairplay to the people who have used it and don't speak to the hospitality staff like utter crap though 😊

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 11

Yel

Chatty Member
I really hate this scheme. Future generations saddled with debt because people are paid to stay at home, then paid to eat out, then bought a free bike 🙄

But if they deduct it automatically I guess I'll get it a few times. Do you have to ask for it? Just had a drink and cake at Costa and was charged full price. Or do you have to order something to eat (I know it's in the name😆)?

Reactions: 11

Lovegin

VIP Member
I think that this pandemic has shown up the loutish behaviour and sense of entitlement that the majority of people in this country have, I know that someone will come along and say it’s a minority of people doing this but I don’t think it is anymore

• Heart
Reactions: 10

Casperron

VIP Member
I wonder how many restaurants will commit fraud, and claim they sold a meal and just claim the free bit from the government.
As a qualified accountant I can promise you this will not happen because
A) they’d have to pay more tax
B) where would the income be coming from on their accounts, as in the 50% of the meal the customer pays for. They’d have to pay it out of their personal account / cash
C) stock levels wouldn’t match up.
D) multiple people would need to be involved with the fraud to bypass it and wouldn’t happen unless a family owned restaurant or pub
They might be able to get away with under 10 meals but what’s the point.

Reactions: 10

Yel

Chatty Member
I really don't think history is going to judge this as being a good idea. Most places are just junk food and it's encouraging lots of people to have way more calories during a pandemic where little is known other that overweight people are more at risk 🤦‍♀️.

Fed up of seeing the chancellor rishi gurning in wagamuma and people thanking him. He isn't paying for it, our children and grandchildren will be 😶

Reactions: 9

JOHN1967

VIP Member
I wonder how many restaurants will commit fraud, and claim they sold a meal and just claim the free bit from the government.

coconochanel

VIP Member
Has anyone done the 'go in and order sit down for a second then go out and eat food in car' scam yet? :giggle:

• Haha

gigi_93

VIP Member
I’ll never understand what people see in Nando’s! I’d rather support smaller businesses right now, although I do love a Starbucks 🙈

Reactions: 8

watermelon sugar

VIP Member
I posted something similar earlier in the thread. My husband is a chef and he's gone from doing 40 on a Monday to 280. Same issues re social distancing, food ordering and amount sold (chefs on days off tomorrow are having to go in as they've been stripped of everything in the stores) customers being rude and obnoxious and just added stress and pressure on the whole team.

I don't need to tell you it's a tough industry to work in. Four more to go. ❤
I used to work in the industry myself, I'm on maternity leave at the moment but God im glad I'm not working in a pub or restaurant now. My partner is manager but has been jumping in the kitchen, their place has been low on staff and people are constantly at the bar ordering, food is constantly been ran and tables aren't getting wiped. Customers are getting a cob on, he came in last night fuming because someone threw a plate at the kitchen door because a table hadn't been wiped quick enough. Its disgusting. The abuse staff get is ridiculous! When i was 21 and worked in a pub someone told me i was 'only a waitress' if someone spoke to me then on a busy Sunday I feel awful for how some of the staff must be getting spoken to with this scheme.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 8

Not Now Bernard

I’m planning to go out to support some local, independent restaurants. They were shut for 4 months and the industry is on its knees. The redundancies are now coming through thick and fast but hopefully this will save some jobs.

Reactions: 7

Yel

Chatty Member
Reports today of lots of places pulling out of the scheme due to overworked and abused staff.

Can't say I'm surprised after seeing some of the people lining outside 😐

• Sad

LaurieLaurie

VIP Member
I would rather go home and eat my food if it meant I was less likely to catch Covid. They’re pretty clever if you ask me. At least the staff don’t have to tidy up after them either
i do take my food home but I pay full price and don’t abuse the deal for the sake of a few quid.

Tublet83

VIP Member
Yes got a booking every week for food I’ve craved during lockdown CANNOT WAIT and I’m saving the economy 🤣

Ponponpon

VIP Member
I've just heard on the radio that the amount claimed is equivalent for every person in the UK. Hope whoever has my households share enjoyed it 😂

• Haha

Lovegin

VIP Member
I would rather support local businesses all year round , I wonder when come September/ October how many places will start struggling because it sounds like people won’t use them without the discount,

Reactions: 6