Eat Out To Help Out Scheme

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Went for a meal in our local curry house last night and not kidding, it was full of the dross of the town 🙈 don’t get me wrong we’re in no way ‘better than others’ but you’re talking the type that take drugs, steal, spend more time down the nick than in their own homes… made me realise how I won’t be so bothered when it ends.

Reactions: 6
I was listening to McDonalds staff saying they can’t wait for it to be over.
The brass neck of people ordering food as sit in and then handing the staff their table number and immediately leaving with their food is shocking.

Reactions: 2
Well i used the scheme grand total of times.

Took the kids to subway twice.

As its last week and not met freind in ages went to a local independent pub tue night.
Some restaurants mostly independent in local high street super busy with queue to get in.

Last night went out with entire family to beer garden and country pub another independent.

Today took teen shopping city centre restaurants were dead.
We went to independent Italian and cost 15 quid less for 2 today than paid for 6 of us last night.
We a large family of 6 so seldom all eat out usually costs around 70.

Husbands birthday next week so kind of wish they would extend it but unlikely.

Im starting my diet healthy eating when it ends so sept.
Also 1 of my children has birthday mid September.

As a qualified accountant I can promise you this will not happen because
A) they’d have to pay more tax
B) where would the income be coming from on their accounts, as in the 50% of the meal the customer pays for. They’d have to pay it out of their personal account / cash
C) stock levels wouldn’t match up.
D) multiple people would need to be involved with the fraud to bypass it and wouldn’t happen unless a family owned restaurant or pub
They might be able to get away with under 10 meals but what’s the point.
If I ran a restaurant I’d ensure the price of every cheaper meal was £19.99 for the duration of the scheme though...

I was listening to McDonalds staff saying they can’t wait for it to be over.
The brass neck of people ordering food as sit in and then handing the staff their table number and immediately leaving with their food is shocking.
I would rather go home and eat my food if it meant I was less likely to catch Covid. They’re pretty clever if you ask me. At least the staff don’t have to tidy up after them either

Reactions: 1
I would rather go home and eat my food if it meant I was less likely to catch Covid. They’re pretty clever if you ask me. At least the staff don’t have to tidy up after them either
i do take my food home but I pay full price and don’t abuse the deal for the sake of a few quid.

Reactions: 7
i do take my food home but I pay full price and don’t abuse the deal for the sake of a few quid.
I do it 🤷🏽‍♀️ There’s a McDonald’s next to where I work so I take it back to my desk and eat it.

Not really abusing a deal when it’s there and encouraged to be used.

Agree above, less likely to catch covid and no need for staff to clean up after you.

Reactions: 5
I do it 🤷🏽‍♀️ There’s a McDonald’s next to where I work so I take it back to my desk and eat it.

Not really abusing a deal when it’s there and encouraged to be used.

Agree above, less likely to catch covid and no need for staff to clean up after you.
Please educate me - as I understand it from this thread, McDonalds is in effect doing table service to prevent queues. How is it preventing staff from cleaning if you sit? They still have to clean the table...

Please educate me - as I understand it from this thread, McDonalds is in effect doing table service to prevent queues. How is it preventing staff from cleaning if you sit? They still have to clean the table...
Ooooooh you don’t queue and get it? I’m not privy to the maccas ordering and eating inside info. Regardless, if you order, pay and take it home, they get to get more customers through the door = more money. If someone sits at a table, orders, gets their food delivered and then buzzes off home, someone has to clean the table = keeps someone else in a job?

You still need to queue outside as they only let so many people in at a time whether they are sitting in or taking away

You still need to queue outside as they only let so many people in at a time whether they are sitting in or taking away
Ah thanks. I saw someone refer to table numbers being taken away, which wasn't a thing when I last went into a McDonald's (20ish years ago) so presumed it was a covid measure.

Ah thanks. I saw someone refer to table numbers being taken away, which wasn't a thing when I last went into a McDonald's (20ish years ago) so presumed it was a covid measure.
no they’ve done the table numbers / table service for at least a year if not two, not a COVID thing.

last day for EOTHO today, thank goodness. Might actually be able to get in some restaurants from tomorrow!

Been to pizza express, two adults, two children £40.00 with the discount ....it was nice but that’s about as much as it’s worth, there’s no way it’s worth double that.

Went to Gails today. Had a coffee and a yoghurt pot thing. Probably wouldn’t rush back anytime soon - especially as they charge £8 for beans on toast 🥴

• Wow
Reactions: 2