Eat Out To Help Out Scheme

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
We took the kids to Burger King today, there was one other person in there at the time we went so it was practically empty. £16 for 5 meals plus extras, discount was automatically applied although the staff did ask how many people were with us.

Reactions: 3

Yel

I wonder what happens with places like planet organic and wholefoods? Supermarkets that are also cafes and people often buy "normal" products to eat in from the same tills. They're registered for the schemes

Reactions: 1
I wonder what happens with places like planet organic and wholefoods? Supermarkets that are also cafes and people often buy "normal" products to eat in from the same tills. They're registered for the schemes
There’s an indoor fruit and veg shop near me which has 1 seat on the pavement out the front and they’re signed up to it

Yes although 2 dinners were already booked in as childless! Probably will grab a lunch at some point, lots of independent eateries have signed up to here and these are where I am going x

Don't costa put everything on plates and in glass cups if you eat in though? It would only work really for fast food where it all comes wrapped
Bugger never thought of that. What about Starbucks do they do the same? I dont normally eat in so I dont know.

Yes got a booking every week for food I’ve craved during lockdown CANNOT WAIT and I’m saving the economy 🤣

Reactions: 7
Bugger never thought of that. What about Starbucks do they do the same? I dont normally eat in so I dont know.
Not sure, I rarely eat at those places, usually just get a drink but the odd time I have they put it on a plate without a wrapper etc

Yes got a booking every week for food I’ve craved during lockdown CANNOT WAIT and I’m saving the economy 🤣
We'll pay it back in tax at some point so might as well make the most of it.

Yel

Costa put my cake on a plate for eat in and charged me full price , id feel too rude to ask why it wasn't half price 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 5
There’s a cafe in the building behind where I work that is doing it. I might go and try it out tomorrow, I feel bad for them as they lost so much money and they’re between offices and a college. The college is shut and the offices are basically empty. Might go a grab a sandwich at lunch time

Reactions: 2
It’s exam results tomorrow for us, so we booked a local place for Wednesday when we are all home so we can go out and celebrate the end of school and Dd passed her probation at work. Only have the one thing booked though.

I won’t be going out of my way but as it’s the school holidays will have the usual coffee and Nando’s lunches. Macdonalds won’t work as we always drive through.
I am going out with my mum to bills for pancakes next week. The price there for silly and they weren’t as nice as they were before they did all the branches up.
But in the main will be used meeting friends or taking teen dd for coffee shop lunches.

Don't costa put everything on plates and in glass cups if you eat in though? It would only work really for fast food where it all comes wrapped
You can ask for it in a takeaway cup. I always do as it never gets cold before I hve to go

I'd just like to know why they haven't made this offer valid for takeaway/Drive thru. Surely they should be encouraging that more. I personally don't feel comfortable eating in anywhere yet so won't be able to take advantage of the offer.

Reactions: 5
I'd just like to know why they haven't made this offer valid for takeaway/Drive thru. Surely they should be encouraging that more. I personally don't feel comfortable eating in anywhere yet so won't be able to take advantage of the offer.
I’m guessing because if you do drive through you’ll pick up food and go home. If you go and eat in you may be in town/ the high street etc and more likely to pop into shops etc too. So helping the high street as well and slowly getting people going back into places rather than eating at home

Reactions: 2
We've just had a meal at Turtle bay, also used my partners military discount on top of the eat out to help out discount which reduced our £49 bill down to £21. Will probably use a few times, more so in places where we can also use other discounts on top.

It isn't supposed to be a subsidy for the customer to have a cheap as meal, it is to stimulate the economy and you getting a cheaper meal is an effect of that. If people have a month of being able to eat out they spend more on other things in that month, clothes to go out, being in town before dinner, shopping after lunch atc and then the lasting effect is the feeling of normality it will give people. The hope is they continue to spend out in the economy after the month.

Reactions: 4
Going to Costa tomorrow with my little boy and hoping I get some money off as I don’t want to remortgage for a bottle of apple juice and a cake haha - he loves a Costa 🤦🏻‍♀️ - but that’ll probably be it tbh. Really not keen on rushing to be in a public place with others yet just for a meal, although no shade whatsoever on anyone who does go out 😊

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Going to Costa tomorrow with my little boy and hoping I get some money off as I don’t want to remortgage for a bottle of apple juice and a cake haha - he loves a Costa 🤦🏻‍♀️ - but that’ll probably be it tbh. Really not keen on rushing to be in a public place with others yet just for a meal, although no shade whatsoever on anyone who does go out 😊
Im going to Starbucks and will be eating outside if I cant sit in for a sec and run :giggle: do you have to spend £10 to get the money off or is it up to £10 off?