Eat Out To Help Out Scheme

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think that this pandemic has shown up the loutish behaviour and sense of entitlement that the majority of people in this country have, I know that someone will come along and say it’s a minority of people doing this but I don’t think it is anymore

• Heart
Reactions: 10
The final day will be the kicker - bank holiday. It's just driven people crazy and the impact on the staff - both for the added stress, lack of time with their families, arranging days off etc is immense. A journalist really needs to write about it from that side.
I think they're going to extend it.

With all the billions wasted spent of furlough it is small change and keeps some people happy.

It's making me realise just how expensive it is to eat out for average food. Would rather go out and spend £40-50 once a month for a few hours that's decent than somewhere you're in and out of pretty quickly for average food.

You can now get supermarket meal deals delivered to your door. The huge expansion of casual dining was unsustainable.

Reactions: 1
I think they're going to extend it.

With all the billions wasted spent of furlough it is small change and keeps some people happy.

It's making me realise just how expensive it is to eat out for average food. Would rather go out and spend £40-50 once a month for a few hours that's decent than somewhere you're in and out of pretty quickly for average food.

You can now get supermarket meal deals delivered to your door. The huge expansion of casual dining was unsustainable.
Oh FFS. Just for that I hope more companies than we've heard of pull out of it.

Yeah I dont know the ins and outs like but I imagine he probably had a bit to drink too. But having that to do with in a busy as it is pub, must be hard 😔 The weather has been nice and its the summer holidays so I imagine everywhere probably would have been quite busy anyway
No, no, no, being drunk is no excuse. They deserve to be punished.

Reactions: 2
I’m in Cornwall and I’m really fed up of not being able to leave the house Monday-Wednesday. I couldn’t use the scheme even if I wanted to. Seen lots of reports of abuse, restaurants pulling out because they can’t handle the pressure, pictures of cafes empty on Thursdays and Fridays when they were full before the scheme started. Maybe it’s been helpful for some cities but it wasn’t needed here, the extra tourist footfall was making it hard to get into any pubs/restaurants even in July.

I hope it isn’t extended but I’m fortunate that my job is secure so my spending habits haven’t changed.

Reactions: 6
I have taken advantage of the scheme quite a few times now. It's time life got back to normal, for everyone and this scheme seems to be encouraging it.

Reactions: 2
We have used it a few times too, I hope they do extend it as there’s a few pricer restaurants I would like to try 👍🏻

Not had any issues at all, I’ve avoided national chains (I do anyway) everywhere I have prebooked online and most places near me are saying no walks in must be prebooked only.

I’ve been about twice a week since it started, my fiancé and I have been working extra long shifts so it’s just easier than cooking and something we don’t normally do, we do a date night once a month normally, so it’s been nice to be able to go out and have food and it not cost an arm and a leg. I will miss that when it ends.

Reading this morning about a small business owner doing takeaway and delivery food, can't do EOTHO because she doesn't have any seating, saying her takings are right down this month because everyone's been ignoring her and going to EOTHO places, including chains like Nandos, McDonalfs etc, instead of her independent small business.

There's an awful lot of people that this EOTHO deal is quite bad for, when you start to look beyond the "must get me some of that £10 off chicken wings in Nandos" for yourself.

:(

Reactions: 5
I've just heard on the radio that the amount claimed is equivalent for every person in the UK. Hope whoever has my households share enjoyed it 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 7
I have only used it twice, both times at Starbucks. The first time I forgot it was even on cos I don’t know what day it is anymore anyway 🤪

Went to the Trafford Centre yesterday which was absolutely horrendous, I was shopping for my mum’s birthday and got in and out as quickly as possible - I looked over at the food court as I passed it and it was swarming with people. So many people there without masks on, mostly groups of young girls with zero social distancing going on, all caked in make up, I guess they didn’t want to mess it up 😡

• Angry
Ive not been once. :rolleyes:
Me neither, I can't be bothered, tbh. 🙄 All I see is how much people are stuffing in their faces for like a tenner, it's like a free-for-all! 😑 I'd prefer getting the occasional takeaway and enjoying it whilst feeling relaxed in my home without having to sanitize and feel on edge.

Reactions: 5
Iv been out today with my daugther and It went really well, the place had an extra nhs discount so under a tenner for the 2 of us! Had to pre book,, one way system round the pub. Felt safe and even though it was busy, was told 35 min wait for food but wasn't that long at all.

I'm that person that will be celebrating the end of this scheme tomorrow (hopefully) and looking forward to a road back to some sort of sustainable normality 😊 (why is that smilie so smug?)

Reactions: 4
I'm that person that will be celebrating the end of this scheme tomorrow (hopefully) and looking forward to a road back to some sort of sustainable normality 😊 (why is that smilie so smug?)
The scheme ends next Mon.