Eat Out To Help Out Scheme

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
YES. We all had a family meeting today discussing what restuarants we're going too. We used to go out every week before lockdown for weekly Sunday roasts but will move it to Mon-Weds this month 🤣 We've picked 2 small businesses we love so far and have booked in for Wednesday this week and Tuesday next week. So sad our Nandos isnt doing it as we're all big fans.

Also, how does mcdonalds work? They say they arent doing indoor seating so essentially you have to sit outside to eat but what happens if they have two tables which are taken? Do we really have to wait or can we still get it?
I'll just have to ask for a eat-in order then send my brother in to ask for a bag ;)

Reactions: 2
YES. We all had a family meeting today discussing what restuarants we're going too. We used to go out every week before lockdown for weekly Sunday roasts but will move it to Mon-Weds this month 🤣 We've picked 2 small businesses we love so far and have booked in for Wednesday this week and Tuesday next week. So sad our Nandos isnt doing it as we're all big fans.

Also, how does mcdonalds work? They say they arent doing indoor seating so essentially you have to sit outside to eat but what happens if they have two tables which are taken? Do we really have to wait or can we still get it?
I'll just have to ask for a eat-in order then send my brother in to ask for a bag ;)
I’ve eaten in at McDonald’s, they just aren’t advertising it. You are sited at your table and preferably order via an app on your phone or using the touch screens, then your food is brought over. You leave you trays and they collect them

I really don't think history is going to judge this as being a good idea. Most places are just junk food and it's encouraging lots of people to have way more calories during a pandemic where little is known other that overweight people are more at risk 🤦‍♀️.

Fed up of seeing the chancellor rishi gurning in wagamuma and people thanking him. He isn't paying for it, our children and grandchildren will be 😶
Well lets be honest most things the government do never go down in history as 'a good idea' :LOL:

Reactions: 1
I’ve eaten in at McDonald’s, they just aren’t advertising it. You are sited at your table and preferably order via an app on your phone or using the touch screens, then your food is brought over. You leave you trays and they collect them
There goes my plan of action 🤣

If anyone uses the bus tickets to get the £1.99 big mac and fries, they are still accepting them at drive thru and better yet, my local doesn't ask/take the ticket anymore because of Covid so I've used the same ticket at least 4 times since theyve reopened. Cheaper than 50% off too!

There goes my plan of action 🤣

If anyone uses the bus tickets to get the £1.99 big mac and fries, they are still accepting them at drive thru and better yet, my local doesn't ask/take the ticket anymore because of Covid so I've used the same ticket at least 4 times since theyve reopened. Cheaper than 50% off too!
My drive too never ask either, but I haven't used once since Covid. I tried to use a voucher when I went into a Mcdonald's the other day but they wasn't accepting them.

Yel

Another day and another place that wouldn't give me the discount , from now on I'm going to nandos as I'm sure they wouldn't date not offer it to their clientele

As far as I'm concerned the casual dining industry can crash and burn 👿

Another day and another place that wouldn't give me the discount , from now on I'm going to nandos as I'm sure they wouldn't date not offer it to their clientele

As far as I'm concerned the casual dining industry can crash and burn 👿
Why didn't they offer you the discount?

Yel

Why didn't they offer you the discount?
They said you had to spend at least £20 and my order only came to £18ish.

They were wrong but weren't having any of it so I had to ask to see the manager 😆 this is helping my assertiveness.

I don't get why 3 places now can't understand the basic scheme that helps them out.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
They said you had to spend at least £20 and my order only came to £18ish.

They were wrong but weren't having any of it so I had to ask to see the manager 😆 this is helping my assertiveness.

I don't get why 3 places now can't understand the basic scheme that helps them out.
Odd, I didn't think there was a minimum spend.

I haven't tried going to any restaurants yet, there's one I love near my office but I don't want to sit in there on my own 😂

I can't believe people are lining up outside nandos and 5 guys yet most other places are dead to save £10 😵

Even at half price 5 guys only feels like what it should cost
Both those places are the most overhyped and underwhelming restaurants I’ve ever had the displeasure of visiting 😒

Reactions: 3
Was out for lunch today with husband and 3 year old. With the scheme and the 15% VAT reduction, we had lunch, drinks and coffees for a tenner in total! Numbers, queuing, hygiene, distancing etc were all very well managed and I felt very comfortable and safe.

We have both had birthdays during lockdown so have booked our favourite restaurant for next week as a belated celebration. They are running the scheme and we still have gift vouchers for there from last Christmas which expire after 12 months. Have worked out that we should basically get the meal for free with the discount and vouchers so I feel it would be silly not to! Each to their own though - fully understand some people may not feel comfortable going out yet.

Been out today and yesterday, both local independents and it seemed well spaced out and safe with hand washing/masks and visors, lots of cleaning.

Hopefully won’t regret my choices but as someone who works at a place that may not reopen (am having to work at a different office which is not as good) I want to try and help local businesses if it feels ok to do so.

Reactions: 3
Had lunch out today. Very well organised. Sanitiser at the door (and dotted about); screens between tables, disposable menus and social distancing maintained.
very impressed.

Had lunch out today. Very well organised. Sanitiser at the door (and dotted about); screens between tables, disposable menus and social distancing maintained.
very impressed.
That sounds perfect!
I’m really keen to go to my local pizza restaurant as haven’t been for almost 5 months! 😭

Probably not. I’m still not mad keen on being out during busier times so not going to go against that to spend more than I’d be saving on food I haven’t really missed during lockdown.