Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Micky123

I’m gonna struggle to hear young Archie with anything other than the thick Bristolian accent he had in Skins

Reactions: 1

Catlady1

VIP Member
Watching tonight’s episode on iplayer and I don’t understand why they’re showing so much of the new boys and the dad’s death. We didn’t even know Mitch had a brother until they arrived, and to show a whole wake for someone we don’t know seems a bit much imo. Also why is everyone so involved, like Kim mentioning it, they didn’t know Avery either just seems really silly. It just seems to me they’re doing a tick sheet of having a new black family and LGBTQ+
I think it’s cause they are desperate for everyone to like the two new characters as it’s fits their agenda. Trouble is you can’t instantly make the viewers like a character. It takes good writing good storylines and good actors

Instashamous

Chatty Member
Kellie Bright did confirm earlier in the year that she wasn’t planning to leave at the same time as Danny Dyer. Obviously that could have changed. I think the show would probably announce if she was leaving as it’d be a big storyline. It looks like she doesn’t go to jail for drunk driving so there’s potential for her to stay.
unless she is leaving, and they knew that an announcement would make it obvious they’d get back together. Wouldn’t shock me if they did go off in a black cab a couple again.

Spilttea

VIP Member
She’s supposed to be 32 and he’s supposed to be 45. It doesn’t work so well though as she looks younger and he looks early 50s to me.
How old are Lola/Whitney/Jay supposed to be ? I thought they were all early/mid 20s?

dee_mc

VIP Member
I have not heard of that soap. Do you know what the public reaction was like? When Mark Fowler was diagnosed as HIV in the 1998s, EastEnders did a major storyline on the bigotry and tabboo of it. It changed perceptions of people with HIV.
Can't remember the public reaction tbh. I'm sure the brother was dying and his half sister was nursing him - can't remember when the falling in love bit happened but your man died and she had a bit of a breakdown. She was a secret child given up for adoption so they would have met as adults.

Gloria Rostron

VIP Member
I would expect a lot of cast to be asked to return like Neighbours did for the finale. Dot deserves an iconic funeral and being in the show so long characters from all the different generations of the show would want to come back for it. I hope there is a big list of names that reach double figures that will be back for one or two episodes.

My number one pick would be Fat Boy....We've been told he's dead and showed footage but there is no proof it was him as we didn't see him...He wouldn't miss the funeral of Mrs B.
He was an awful character, very over the top and boring.

I hope they bring back Dot's sister Rose and Cora. The woman who played Dot's sister is called Polly Perkins and she got her big break in Eldorado as June, who was her friend suggested to Julia Smith, the producer that Polly would be good for the role of Trish Valentine. Polly's son Tim also went out with Jessie Wallace.

Mr Krabs

VIP Member
When did Kat and Alfie officially get divorced? I thought they must have remarried at some point after the Roxy wedding/not wedding. Can’t keep my timelines straight.

AllSeeingEye123

VIP Member
I kind of agreed with Jack too. I know 13 year olds do dress that way, but I don't like it. Lol.

The internet has made Gen-Z grow up way before their time, it's sort of sad. The new Amy does look like Roxy more, but looks too old to be playing 13.
I dunno. I think Ellie Dadd looks young to say she's 17.