Eastenders #7 Jubileastenders

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
When Rainie got the picnic bits out, you could see some of those bits were Tesco packets, not Suki's shop stuff. (Tesco is close to set). That annoyed me. Plus, they went for a picnic...... all of twenty feet from their front door, in a crappy square.
Where’s old park bit with benches and where they’d get ice cream (old episodes I’m thinking) did they not make it on new set.
Also the square grass looks so obvious fake. I just don’t like new set it’s so obviously a set

Reactions: 5
Got a bit emotional watching that, ridiculous I know. Did make me laugh that Janine missed it all though 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 12
My boyfriend thinks I’m so weird. He doesn’t watch EE anymore but a jubilee thing was just on with an interview with Natalie Cassidy and Brian Connolly….so I showed him the naked Sonia pics! He was like how do you even know about these?! 🤣🙈

• Haha
Reactions: 16
I just cringed my way through that. Woof - imagine fawning over the most brazen freeloaders to ever exist while people are living in the worst poverty for a long time.

Reactions: 11
So how did they get Charles and Camilla there?
Do they go out working as their own lookalikes 😁
Hilarious 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I don't know what was most realistic this week out of Stacey being back at work two days after them being worried she had sepsis or that Prince Charles would turn up at a east end boozer on the same day he was doing Jubilee events for his mother.

Imagine being the cast members not due to be part of the celebrations, so you missed out on meeting Charles and Camilla. I think you'd be annoyed even if you're not a big fan of the royals, as it would be good to say you've met them.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9
Well, that was awkward. I could barely hear Charles and Camilla- had to have the subtitles on. So cringey when they were meeting all the cast in their characters, hand shaking each of them even most of them are criminals or related to criminals. And then imagining them meeting the cast as themselves afterwards too. I wonder if that part was scripted with actual lines, as it felt so rushed and hectic. Charles and Camilla seemed so lost. Karen’s acting was particularly bad imo. It felt disingenuous to see Camilla putting a ribbon on the tree for Chantelle- who’s storyline EE completely ruined.

I feel bad Phil missed out, but Steve McFadden was in the big cast photo so at least he got to meet them as himself. I realised when Charles and Camilla were meeting the characters that there’s hardly any iconic/notable characters. Just the dull ones who have managed to survive any big accidents or mass murders on the square through being so dull. Stacey was probably the most iconic character they met. I couldn’t believe when Charles shook Harvey’s hand… the dad of a terrorist. I also thought it was weird Amy and Ricky were involved but not the other EE kids.
I thought Charles’ line to Frankie was weird too, telling her she could lip read well?…

Rant over 😂 I just thought it was poorly executed but that’s EE for you. No wonder Danny Dyer is jumping from this sinking ship soon

I also thought it was strange that Rocky’s lookalikes were repeatedly called Trevor and Maureen… a nod to Little Mo and Trevor but why? They were never really square royalty were they?

Reactions: 3
Glad that Steve McFadden got to meet them even though he wasn't part of the episode. They have a lot of people working on the show but a fair few seem to still miss meeting them unless they are hidden away in the photo. Interestingly Mick told Charles that Winston was a northerner. I have never heard that before. Is that the character or is the actor who plays him from up north as I Googled it and couldn't find anything.

01075823-e379ccf2-6b3e-4804-86fc-2fe45370a0f8.jpg

That was so cringy I felt sick hahahaha
It’s the meeting them as their characters I turned it off once Martin started going into his family history of fruit n veg 😭😭😭

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Got a bit emotional watching that, ridiculous I know. Did make me laugh that Janine missed it all though 🤣🤣
That was good.
I got a bit tearful as well. Mostly because it was nice to see everyone together and mixing. The last couple of years the scenes have been so sparse with a small handful of people only allowed to work together

I thought it was well done. Bit bizarre them having to talk to Charles & Camilla in character but they played along with it and spoke to them back asking them questions related to their characters. You could tell some of the actors were nervous and some slipped into their natural accents but it was nice to have a feel good episode for once

Reactions: 11
I got a bit tearful as well. Mostly because it was nice to see everyone together and mixing. The last couple of years the scenes have been so sparse with a small handful of people only allowed to work together

I thought it was well done. Bit bizarre them having to talk to Charles & Camilla in character but they played along with it and spoke to them back asking them questions related to their characters. You could tell some of the actors were nervous and some slipped into their natural accents but it was nice to have a feel good episode for once
Jay sounded like he put a posh phone voice on 🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.