Eastenders #29 Denise's D is buried with Keanu, while Jack's burying his D in Stacey

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If he killed him so Gloria could keep George it explains why Gloria’s going along with it, he’ll have framed it as doing it for her because she loved George so much.

Reactions: 7
Johnny is the only one actually speaking sense. Everyone did get over having a literal rapist as a business owner and neighbour very quickly.. All happy to go for meals at the pie and mash shop and have him constantly floating about the place around their families. Bizarre.

Reactions: 31
Johnny is the only one actually speaking sense. Everyone did get over having a literal rapist as a business owner and neighbour very quickly.. All happy to go for meals at the pie and mash shop and have him constantly floating about the place around their families. Bizarre.
Yes that's why I've taken a shine to him.

I hope he packs Linda off to rehab because nobody else seems to be doing anything to help Linda. She's obviously deeply depressed too which is why she's back on the drink. Johnny doesn't know about what really happened at Xmas and probably thinks it's all down to Dean and losing Mick.

Elaine says she's concerned but hasn't really done much (although that's easier said than done with an alcoholic). If Linda was in danger of losing Olle and Annie she might get a wake up call. I wouldn't be surprised if Lauren reports her to social services.

I just knew the cake was going to be a disaster!

Reactions: 9
I also found it bizarre that Eve was in the cafe the other day despite Nish ordering her death 😂.
I mean I'm all for supporting local businesses but I think I might draw the line at a local business owner trying to have me killed.😅

• Haha
Reactions: 21
Yes that's why I've taken a shine to him.

I hope he packs Linda off to rehab because nobody else seems to be doing anything to help Linda. She's obviously deeply depressed too which is why she's back on the drink. Johnny doesn't know about what really happened at Xmas and probably thinks it's all down to Dean and losing Mick.

Elaine says she's concerned but hasn't really done much (although that's easier said than done with an alcoholic). If Linda was in danger of losing Olle and Annie she might get a wake up call. I wouldn't be surprised if Lauren reports her to social services.

I just knew the cake was going to be a disaster!
I’ve never knowingly known an alcoholic but no one seems to be doing anything to stop her drinking. Not even telling her some harsh home truths.
I don’t know how you’re supposed to handle it but they all seem quite passive

Elaine says she's concerned but hasn't really done much (although that's easier said than done with an alcoholic).
Oh my goodness, this. Yes, living and being with an alcoholic is really hard. But Elaine crying and saying "she's at her wits end" didn't wash with me. She's spent more time and energy focused and simpering over George and his daughters.
The fact she's glossed over the fact she asked Linda to say the rape didn't happen to save George makes her a bad mum in my eyes.
---
I wouldn't be surprised if Lauren reports her to social services.
I think Lauren is just going to call Max and that gets him back to the Square.

Reactions: 8
Given that the murder happened in 1984 it could be possible that the man murdered was a relative of George, perhaps a brother who turned up out of the blue. The picture looked like it was a young man so I'm going to say that this character might have been his older brother. Perhaps George was farmed because the family couldn't afford to look after another child. Then ghe brother came looking for him when he was an adult.

Reactions: 4
Lovely scenes with George and Gina tonight. Although I’m not sure I would call McKlunkeys a slap up lunch :)

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I’ve never knowingly known an alcoholic but no one seems to be doing anything to stop her drinking. Not even telling her some harsh home truths.
I don’t know how you’re supposed to handle it but they all seem quite passive
In some ways I think it’s easier to let her drink when they can keep an eye on her as she would only find other ways to drink behind their backs putting herself in even more danger. It’s extremely difficult to help someone with an addiction when they are unwilling to help themselves and face up to it. She needs a short sharp shock to sober her up but currently she is struggling with her actions at Xmas and unable to open up to it as the only others who know what happened are either suffering too (Denise) or are trying to save their own skin and just see her as a liability without actually wanting to help her.

Reactions: 8
I’m a recovering alcoholic, please keep Linda falling off the wagon / drunk the entire time as it’s entertaining….

Oops… I mean… Yes, IRL people who cared about her might be doing more to help her, but also there’s a point where friends / family members have had enough. A person has to themselves, want to change, and not just temporarily, or they won’t.

Rehab or AA or therapy often aren’t fixes either. A person goes into rehab, stays sober during its regimented structure perhaps, then gets out and drinks again once back in real life with its stresses and triggers. In my experience, AA doesn’t turn anything around either, but simply provides a supportive space for a person who already really does want to change. It doesn’t prompt the change. I have had to decide for me.

Also, though, legitimately, Linda drunk scenes remind me not to drink. Some of it is relatable. I mean not stabbing Keanu to death or my child on a roof, but when Linda has been losing patches of time and forgetting what had happened and it feels like a time jump, that was scarily accurate.

On another note, I see a lot of Twitter is upset about Max Bowden leaving. He’s never really seemed like Ben to me though, and the character is quintessentially recastable, I don’t see it being difficult to replace him. I also don’t think the show has known what to do with Ben for a while and perhaps he does need a break.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m a recovering alcoholic, please keep Linda falling off the wagon / drunk the entire time as it’s entertaining….

Oops… I mean… Yes, IRL people who cared about her might be doing more to help her, but also there’s a point where friends / family members have had enough. A person has to themselves, want to change, and not just temporarily, or they won’t.

Rehab or AA or therapy often aren’t fixes either. A person goes into rehab, stays sober during its regimented structure perhaps, then gets out and drinks again once back in real life with its stresses and triggers. In my experience, AA doesn’t turn anything around either, but simply provides a supportive space for a person who already really does want to change. It doesn’t prompt the change. I have had to decide for me.

Also, though, legitimately, Linda drunk scenes remind me not to drink. Some of it is relatable. I mean not stabbing Keanu to death or my child on a roof, but when Linda has been losing patches of time and forgetting what had happened and it feels like a time jump, that was scarily accurate.

On another note, I see a lot of Twitter is upset about Max Bowden leaving. He’s never really seemed like Ben to me though, and the character is quintessentially recastable, I don’t see it being difficult to replace him. I also don’t think the show has known what to do with Ben for a while and perhaps he does need a break.
Replace him with someone like this maybe?....

Attachments

• Haha
Reactions: 4
Can’t lie EE has been so boring lately I’ve found myself getting distracted by random things during the episodes.

My latest one is….how come none of the children living in the pub aka Ollie & Annie never wonder down the stairs to the pub? There doesn’t seem to be even a stair gate at the top or bottom🤔. Made me think about it when Johnny let them out of Linda’s room yesterday and nobody else was home as they was at the party

Feel free to tell me to get a life 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 13
Can’t lie EE has been so boring lately I’ve found myself getting distracted by random things during the episodes.

My latest one is….how come none of the children living in the pub aka Ollie & Annie never wonder down the stairs to the pub? There doesn’t seem to be even a stair gate at the top or bottom🤔. Made me think about it when Johnny let them out of Linda’s room yesterday and nobody else was home as they was at the party

Feel free to tell me to get a life 🤣🤣🤣
I often wonder where soap children are. I’ve been watching since just before Christmas when the six advertising drew me in, and I think yesterday was the first time I’ve seen Ollie. Where is Charlie all the time while Stacey is in her van, Lily is at school and Jean is wandering round the square or popping in to see Jade?! And where is Louie? Not seen since the airport?!

Reactions: 10
Did Johnny change out of the suit tonight? I like how he had to wear a suit to show how successful and lawyery he is.

In about a week he’ll lose his job and end up working in McClunkeys because nobody can work outside the square.

• Haha
Reactions: 23
Did Johnny change out of the suit tonight? I like how he had to wear a suit to show how successful and lawyery he is.

In about a week he’ll lose his job and end up working in McClunkeys because nobody can work outside the square.
If they do that after Johnny saying there is a world outside of Walford, I'll be really disappointed with the laziness of the writers.

Reactions: 11

I could have sworn Gray started off as a “City” lawyer and then was morphed into a local solicitor working on criminal cases and literally whatever else legal problem the locals had. But making Johnny a “local lawyer” would give him something to do I suppose.

As you say, give him two weeks and he will be asking if you want chips with that.

• Haha
I think the guy who plays Ben is good but Twitter is being so dramatic about it as if he’s the best actor ever 😂

Reactions: 6
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.