Eastenders #29 Denise's D is buried with Keanu, while Jack's burying his D in Stacey

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Colin Salmon and Christopher Fairbank were both excellent in this episode. Brilliant acting from both of them.

Have to say I was less enamoured with the scenes between Gina and Anna which seemed a bit heavy handed.

Hopefully George will certainly not be providing a character witness for his old man and he goes to jail. I can't stand his mum either so I hope that's the last we see of her.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
wow, tonight's was amazing! Gina showed a different side which was nice to see. I hate how Eddie and Gloria keep using the word "coloured" i know its to show their age maybe but it's horrible. Eddie saying "keep your filthy hands of me" made me gasp, was so disgusting and i felt for George.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 29
I just walked past Elaine in the street! She must’ve been filming (maybe overnight?) as she was in full make up.
Or, the actress could just like Elaine’s make up style I guess.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
wow, tonight's was amazing! Gina showed a different side which was nice to see. I hate how Eddie and Gloria keep using the word "coloured" i know its to show their age maybe but it's horrible. Eddie saying "keep your filthy hands of me" made me gasp, was so disgusting and i felt for George.
Me too I was so shocked when he said that he’s vile!

Reactions: 10
Lost count of how many times my heart broke for George during todays episode. I’m actually quite fond of The Knights (ignoring the Gina/Dean tit now because idk why they did that) I think they’ve slotted in really well and the scenes they’ve delivered during this storyline have been incredible.

Whoever casted Eddie needs one hell of a pat on the back because I cannot bare a single second that he’s on screen!!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
The timeline of when they showed up doesn’t match with the newspaper article. I would have thought the police would have spoken to George about it all.

Reactions: 7
I think this was a powerful story line because it was well acted but there's still some parts that don't make sense. The Knights couldn't have children and Eddie was apparently OK with going along with his wife's wishes to adopt a baby.

In those days there were plenty of illegitimate babies placed for adoption. Young girls didn't keep them so much then because it wasn't socially acceptable.

Remember Kat gave her son up to a Catholic home (and then forgot all about it) 😄

Anyway it still seems odd to me that a man who is obviously racist wouldn't have gone to one of those Catholic places or tried the local social services first.

• Wow
Reactions: 10
What a phenomenal episode, hard hitting, poignant and incredible well acted.
I thought all the scenes were good. I saw a comment about the Gina and Anna scenes but I did think it was very well done and I was surprised but pleased that Eastenders broached it. It was a very truthful scene as that sadly is the reality. I’d go as far as to say, it’s the best episode since Christmas. Looking forward to tomorrows!

• Heart
Reactions: 24
That was a brilliant episode, really well done. Agree with the poster above about Eddie’s casting, it’s perfect. He makes my skin crawl.

Nice to have a break from Linda the pisshead too 😁

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I thought all the scenes were good. I saw a comment about the Gina and Anna scenes but I did think it was very well done and I was surprised but pleased that Eastenders broached it. It was a very truthful scene as that sadly is the reality. I’d go as far as to say, it’s the best episode since Christmas. Looking forward to tomorrows!
Agree this has been the best episode since Christmas. Really felt for the Knights obviously not Eddie, but he really is playing the part well

Reactions: 16
I thought that the Gina and Anna scenes were less effective because why wouldn’t Gina have said this to her sister before?
If it was me I would have constantly mentioned it to her not saved it up for a rainy day, but that's a minor criticism of an excellent episode.

Reactions: 6
I think this was a powerful story line because it was well acted but there's still some parts that don't make sense. The Knights couldn't have children and Eddie was apparently OK with going along with his wife's wishes to adopt a baby.

In those days there were plenty of illegitimate babies placed for adoption. Young girls didn't keep them so much then because it wasn't socially acceptable.

Remember Kat gave her son up to a Catholic home (and then forgot all about it) 😄

Anyway it still seems odd to me that a man who is obviously racist wouldn't have gone to one of those Catholic places or tried the local social services first.
I get what you mean but Gloria came to him with the advert and at that point she was desperate. I guess he went along with it for her but he's still a racist prick to this day, always has been. His character makes my skin crawl.

Reactions: 9
Excellent episode today, the acting all round, especially Colin Salmon and Christopher Fairbank.

Well written by Lauren Klee, the whole story flowing out like a river of information on their past. 👏 Episodes like this are so gripping, we don't get them very often but when they get it right the episode still resonates as a stand alone.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.