Eastenders #20 right then you slaaaaaaaaaaaags

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I really like Priya and Avani but I am eyerolling a lot at ravi the perfect father 🙄
If there was one thing in his life that he has always tried to do well, berated himself for not being around when in prison, was being a father to Davinder.

It has always hurt him that Nugget was devoted to Papa G, while that same person, mistreated, oppressed and abused Ravi and made his growing up years a misery.

Probably the reason why he knows he has to be a good Dad. That came across when it destroyed him when he almost beat up Nugget when he disobeyed him, so similar to what Ranveer imposed on himself.

Reactions: 7
Crazy how Priya and Avani have made such a strong impression in 3 episodes compared to Gina and Anna who’ve been here for months and still haven’t found their feet or offered anything.

Reactions: 24
Crazy how Priya and Avani have made such a strong impression in 3 episodes compared to Gina and Anna who’ve been here for months and still haven’t found their feet or offered anything.
i thought the same! the actresses are much stronger and more natural, but i think they’ve also just done a much better job of immediately integrating them and having them interact with other characters.

i still think anna has a little bit of potential maybe: but it’s completely opposite ends of the scale with how well they’ve settled in.

Reactions: 8
Pri and Chips are down to earth and sassy can’t take that away, Anna and G come across as spoilt and stuck up 😆 Nonetheless it’s good to have the different characters but they need a realistic storyline and interaction with other residents to be believable!

Reactions: 6
Anna and Gina are lucky that they're Cindy's daughters and the whole reason she came back and therefore tied to such a huge story otherwise it's hard to imagine them sticking around for long. They need to build some solid friendships on the square but tbh the problem is more that they're just poor actors

Reactions: 10
The writers have made the effort to integrate Priya and Avani. They’ve a clear direction for where the stories are going. There was no plan for the other two bar being Cindys daughters. Anna was stuck with Bobby and Freddy and until two episodes ago Gina just skulked around.

I like Eastenders at the moment but I think there’s characters the writers clearly enjoy writing for and characters they’ve zero real interest in.

Reactions: 11
Can't join in with the love for Priya and Avani. They're cringey, annoying cliches. I also don't care about the Panesars anymore. What with them, Ben droning on and Elaine's hammy acting (she had the nerve to call Ian hammy!!) it's gone back to being very boring.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Future quips: I wonder what Pri (and Avani Chips) will have to say should they meet/see Denise and Chelsea, and then tease Ravi when they find out 😆 Still want to know who he really fancies, as quite possible feelings run again for any or all three ladies before Crimbo Careless Whisper 🥵
seen a hot pic of Nish in his mid-life crisis makeover next week 🕺🏻🔥 He looks like the Indian Bollywood actor Hrithik Roshan?
IMG_2652.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: 3
Future quips: I wonder what Pri (and Avani Chips) will have to say should they meet/see Denise and Chelsea, and then tease Ravi when they find out 😆 Really want to know who he really fancies, as quite possible feelings run again for any or all three ladies before Crimbo
Yes I was all set thinking he and Denise would have an affair but now that Priya is back I can’t see them not focusing on that relationship. Poor Chelsea would have to get actual screentime to factor into any of this storyline which I can’t see them giving her.

I just got a notification for my post above yours. Now I’m absolutely howling at that gif all over again 😂
I legit remembered that Gina reminded me of that dried up meat snack Peperami that was a crazy mo-fo animal 😂

• Haha
Right so I'm loving Priya feel like she's gonna be iconic but imo chips is totally unnecessary. I find her super cringe and I just can't get past the fact that the actress is a decade older than the character is supposed to be. Just ridiculous. Like someone else said though would love for Priya and Stacey to be good mates.

• Heart
Right so I'm loving Priya feel like she's gonna be iconic but imo chips is totally unnecessary. I find her super cringe and I just can't get past the fact that the actress is a decade older than the character is supposed to be. Just ridiculous. Like someone else said though would love for Priya and Stacey to be good mates.
That's how I feel she 's very forced very contrived.

Reactions: 2
Because without Avani there's no way into the family for Priya. Nish wants a granddaughter, Ravi wants a daughter and Nugget wants a sister. Nobody would want Priya without Avani.

Reactions: 9
See this is the bit I find very hard to believe, that Nugget would want a sister (they haven’t had a fight yet!), or Nish would want a grand-daughter, Indian families are generally patriarchal and dare I say the male side have misogynistic traits, unless there are more females than males in the fam of course then it becomes matriarchal. And Suki is subdued since Nish and the boys pal up. Only Kheerat was her equal but even he was respectful.

The way Ravi treated Pri was more realistic and insidious, the put downs were similar to Nish vs Suki.

Avani, they would definitely say something about her wearing a miniskirt (and boots!) at home, and not least outside in the middle of October. If anyone needs that makeover it’s her 😆
---
This is how potentially Indian mums could talk about Ravi 😂 lol at Nina/Zainab Masood should she ever return to meet Suki!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 7
See this is the bit I find very hard to believe, that Nugget would want a sister (they haven’t had a fight yet!), or Nish would want a grand-daughter, Indian families are generally patriarchal and dare I say the male side have misogynistic traits, unless there are more females than males in the fam of course then it becomes matriarchal. And Suki is subdued since Nish and the boys pal up. Only Kheerat was her equal but even he was respectful.

The way Ravi treated Pri was more realistic and insidious, the put downs were similar to Nish vs Suki.

Avani, they would definitely say something about her wearing a miniskirt (and boots!) at home, and not least outside in the middle of October. If anyone needs that makeover it’s her 😆
Give it time. Nish is definitely patriarchal and sees himself as the boss. He wants to control them, so he'll play nice for a while so they trust him then he'll start making comments about the mini skirts or suggesting new clothes for them. He won't wade in on day one, it'll be a gradual process for getting them under his control where they feel totally obliged to him for food shelter jobs etc. that's when he'll make his move.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.