Eastenders #20 right then you slaaaaaaaaaaaags

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think Chips is a miscast, her parents are both beautiful, she’s, er, not
Neither Nugget or Avani are as attractive as their stunning looking parents but I do see some resemblance.
Nuggets eyes are a similar shape to Priyas and Avani has a similar shaped nose to Ravi.

Reactions: 7
Give it time. Nish is definitely patriarchal and sees himself as the boss. He wants to control them, so he'll play nice for a while so they trust him then he'll start making comments about the mini skirts or suggesting new clothes for them. He won't wade in on day one, it'll be a gradual process for getting them under his control where they feel totally obliged to him for food shelter jobs etc. that's when he'll make his move.
I look forward to this as I hate Priya and Avani's dress sense! But I guess they are supposed to be chavs who were dragged up and living a life with no boundaries. It will be interesting to see how Nish controls and changes them. Avani will be sent to school! I think Priya is stunning.....you can't keep your eyes of her.

Reactions: 9
I just read on a FB spoiler page that Nish is going to find out about Suki and Eve ‘before the end of Autumn’. Not much longer to wait then.

• Wow
Reactions: 12
This is how potentially Indian mums could talk about Ravi 😂 lol at Nina/Zainab Masood should she ever return to meet Suki!

This is what Zainab was like with Bushra

————

Does Gina own any tops that go below her belly button?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
See this is the bit I find very hard to believe, that Nugget would want a sister (they haven’t had a fight yet!), or Nish would want a grand-daughter, Indian families are generally patriarchal and dare I say the male side have misogynistic traits, unless there are more females than males in the fam of course then it becomes matriarchal. And Suki is subdued since Nish and the boys pal up. Only Kheerat was her equal but even he was respectful.

The way Ravi treated Pri was more realistic and insidious, the put downs were similar to Nish vs Suki.

Avani, they would definitely say something about her wearing a miniskirt (and boots!) at home, and not least outside in the middle of October. If anyone needs that makeover it’s her 😆
---
This is how potentially Indian mums could talk about Ravi 😂 lol at Nina/Zainab Masood should she ever return to meet Suki!

Some very valid points in this post. There would have been comments on Avani's clothes and somehow seeing Ravi and Nish become sentimental about having a daughter/grandaughter was jarring.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
See this is the bit I find very hard to believe, that Nugget would want a sister (they haven’t had a fight yet!), or Nish would want a grand-daughter, Indian families are generally patriarchal and dare I say the male side have misogynistic traits, unless there are more females than males in the fam of course then it becomes matriarchal. And Suki is subdued since Nish and the boys pal up. Only Kheerat was her equal but even he was respectful.

The way Ravi treated Pri was more realistic and insidious, the put downs were similar to Nish vs Suki.

Avani, they would definitely say something about her wearing a miniskirt (and boots!) at home, and not least outside in the middle of October. If anyone needs that makeover it’s her 😆
---

Oh please bring Zainab back and have her in competition with Suki. That would be amazing.

I think it’ll be a gradual thing. I think Nish is happy to have a granddaughter because he thinks he can shape her into the perfect compliant Asian girl and show her off. I’m not keen on the character but I think it’ll be interesting to see the dynamic.

• Heart
Reactions: 6
Some very valid points in this post. There would have been comments on Avani's clothes and somehow seeing Ravi and Nish become sentimental about having a daughter/grandaughter was jarring.
But if Nish went in hard telling them they look like a couple of cheap chavs they would tell him to F off and be straight out of the door. He knows that because he's a manipulator.
Believe me, he is biding his time until they trust him and think he's a great guy for looking after them. That's when he'll start trying to change them gradually.

Nish has the mentality of a cult leader exerting control. He's a fascinating and dangerous character. Priya will be led into thinking that he's being kind to them when he really isn't. Having a grand-daughter is another person he can add to his family to build himself up and appear to the world as a wonderful family man.

• Heart
I think they might make Avani the one person Nish has a soft spot for, every "bad" character usually has one to bring out rare glimpses of his human side

Reactions: 7
I think they might make Avani the one person Nish has a soft spot for, every "bad" character usually has one to bring out rare glimpses of his human side
You could be right about that. He was always nicer to Ash than any of his sons. He's a man who thinks that he should 'protect' women. His manipulation of Suki is all based on what he thinks is best for her, not what she wants because being a man he knows best!

Re Avani being portrayed by a 23 year old actor. We should just see her for what she is supposed to be, not a preception that the actor is too old to play the part. She is doing a great job and one that a 14 year old actor may not be able to pull off.

Give her a chance, she will be 18 in no time and the actor will be able to develop and play her that age too. Rather that than getting a re-cast, like the ever revolving door of the actors that played Ben when he was growing up.

But if Nish went in hard telling them they look like a couple of cheap chavs they would tell him to F off and be straight out of the door. He knows that because he's a manipulator.
Believe me, he is biding his time until they trust him and think he's a great guy for looking after them. That's when he'll start trying to change them gradually.

Nish has the mentality of a cult leader exerting control. He's a fascinating and dangerous character. Priya will be led into thinking that he's being kind to them when he really isn't. Having a grand-daughter is another person he can add to his family to build himself up and appear to the world as a wonderful family man.
Fair enough but I know Ravi is young and bootiful ;) but I reckon he would balk at seeing his teenage daughter walking around in such skimpy outfits. Nish is awful I can't stand his tyrranny or cruelty but the actor is very good.

Reactions: 4
There is an extended episode next Wednesday, from 7.45 to 8.30. Rumours this will be the cafe fire.

• Wow
I don't think the Panesars necessarily have those outdated views about women, they are more 'westernised'. Nish is manipulative and and abusive but that's not because of his culture, it's because of who he is. Ravi has protected Suki from Nish so he isn't necessarily going to have those views either. I do think that Nish will try to control Priya and Avani and that will create conflict but I agree with a previous comment that Avani will be his soft spot

Reactions: 5
At this point I just hope they remember Chips’ age
Cos on one side of the square we’ve got a 13 year old mother of one and on the other side we’ve got a 12 year old who’s starting ballet this week, still says mummy and daddy and the producers seem to have forgot she’s 12 years, not 12 months 🥴

• Haha
Reactions: 15
At this point I just hope they remember Chips’ age
Cos on one side of the square we’ve got a 13 year old mother of one and on the other side we’ve got a 12 year old who’s starting ballet this week, still says mummy and daddy and the producers seem to have forgot she’s 12 years, not 12 months 🥴
when you think about it like that it’s absolutely mad 🤣 i know there’s maybe valid reasons for her being played by a 23 year old but it’s crazy when you consider that she and lexi are meant to be so close in age.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.