Eastenders #12 It's a bummer if Zack's got your number

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I also think adoption people wouldn’t let a woman related to Lily and lives across the street adopt lilys child as what if Lily regrets it in years time or seeing it grow up

Reactions: 8
I also think adoption people wouldn’t let a woman related to Lily and lives across the street adopt lilys child as what if Lily regrets it in years time or seeing it grow up
this is a good point. i’m sure that they will always adopt a child outside of their birth borough/constituency to both avoid the risk of the birth parents or family trying to get them back and to avoid cruelty to the birth parents by having them so close by. it surely wouldn’t be allowed but then this IS eastenders so who knows.

Reactions: 3
How super cringe was the scene at the police station.

I’m Jack

DCI Jack Branning

But you can call me Jack.

More like twit!
bleeping hell DCI? Christ Walford nick must be desparate. I've just remembered Jack's Sonias uncle isn't he? I've been dipping in and out since 1985 and lost touch with it all.

Reactions: 4
bleeping hell DCI? Christ Walford nick must be desparate. I've just remembered Jack's Sonias uncle isn't he? I've been dipping in and out since 1985 and lost touch with it all.
Obviously they must be short of decent coppers in Walford as the local nick is full of characters like Keeble and Marsden who spend all day throthing at the mouth because they’ve been unable to put Phil away 😄

Jack started off as a policeman but got involved with 'criminal activities' and had to leave. He spent years away from the force but then somehow managed to go back and work his way up to DCI in no time at all! So a criminal record is no bar to success with Walford police 🤔

Last edited:
Reactions: 4
He is her uncle. That’s why there were so many scenes between them when Dot died

Reactions: 1
If you want your child to be adopted by someone you know & obviously they want that too then you would tell the local council, they would assess & court would make decision. The process wouldn't be open to all so to speak in that situation. I don't mean to be too serious but you absolutely do not need to be in a relationship to adopt or foster. The shared living could be a problem but not impossible. Why do I even care, its soap world they will just make it up to suit anyway 🤣🤣
Exactly. There will be no realism in it. This is the show that had a 17 year old considering being a surrogate last year. Ridiculous.

Reactions: 5
He is her uncle. That’s why there were so many scenes between them when Dot died
Aw I wasn't watching it then I couldn't get BBC.

---

Obviously they must be short of decent coppers in Walford as the local nick is full of characters like Keeble and Marsden who spend all day throthing at the mouth because they’ve been unable to put Phil away 😄

Jack started off as a policeman but got involved with 'criminal activities' and had to leave. He spent years away from the force but then somehow managed to go back and work his way up to DCI in no time at all! So a criminal record is no bar to success with Walford police 🤔
Ha ha! I'm sure in real life Callum wouldn't have been.able to have a relationship with Walfords most wanted son. Plus Ben being a killer himself. Must be nice living in Walford (unless you've been shagging Zack of course)

• Haha
The police in walford has to be the most unrealistic missed piece of a storyline, so ur telling me the plod in London, with sky high crime rate are only arsed about slamming an old bald man with chicken shops 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
Reactions: 11
This whole lily and Whitney pregnancy storyline and resulting problems for each of them seems like a massive misstep. Whitney has been through enough and nobody needs a child being pregnant to highlight teen pregnancy. Especially since the numbers have been steadily declining over the years. It’s just sensationalism.

Whitney ending up pregnant to a man who is HIV+ and a baby with a fatal condition seems a ploy to garner headlines and virtue signalling. Look at us, we cover real gritty issues. Give me the dodgy copper storylines any day of the week.

• Heart
Reactions: 17
This whole lily and Whitney pregnancy storyline and resulting problems for each of them seems like a massive misstep. Whitney has been through enough and nobody needs a child being pregnant to highlight teen pregnancy. Especially since the numbers have been steadily declining over the years. It’s just sensationalism.

Whitney ending up pregnant to a man who is HIV+ and a baby with a fatal condition seems a ploy to garner headlines and virtue signalling. Look at us, we cover real gritty issues. Give me the dodgy copper storylines any day of the week.
I appreciate what you are saying, and I agree to an extent. But it’s a soap at the end of the day. It’s not real. Neither was Shakespeare’s plays but people cling on to them. It’s all made up in the long run

Reactions: 2

I'm with you on that, even though Phil’s getting a bit old to be gangster I prefer the dramatic storylines to the medical stuff.

The Lola story has been done well because it's been heartening to see how everyone has come together to look after her, but generally speaking I don't want to watch stuff about people having cancer and babies with serious conditions. We can watch a medical drama like Casulty or whatever its called for that.

I'm more engaged with Bernie getting a job (although not very interested 😀)

We need to see more of the Panesars, they've faded into the background. I want to see Nish being the nasty abuser we know he is and how Suki is coping. I live in hope that Suki will take up her artwork again 😉
Polish_20230128_193002069.png

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 21
Why is Sonia worrying about her inheritance tax? She's a nurse on a London wage. She's never had a mortgage and doesn't have a partner or young kid. She's lived for years in a home that didn't belong to her. Surely then she's got savings? What has her cash gone on all these years? The things that cost the most in life are......

Mortgage
Being in a relationship
Having young kids
Having a car to get around in

She doesn't tick any of those boxes. I think she needs to see a financial advisor if she's getting through her money without it being obvious where it's going. She wears the same clothes for years so it doesn't go on her wardrobe. Dots house looked the same when Jim was alive so she doesn't spend her wage on home improvements. She doesn't seem to have big nights out and only the occasional pub drink. I don't get how she's so skint like she's a secret member of the Taylor family.

• Haha
Why is Sonia worrying about her inheritance tax? She's a nurse on a London wage. She's never had a mortgage and doesn't have a partner or young kid. She's lived for years in a home that didn't belong to her. Surely then she's got savings? What has her cash gone on all these years? The things that cost the most in life are......

Mortgage
Being in a relationship
Having young kids

She doesn't tick any of those boxes. I think she needs to see a financial advisor if she's getting through her money without it being obvious where it's going. She wears the same clothes for years so it doesn't go on her wardrobe. Dots house looked the same when Jim was alive so she doesn't spend her wage on home improvements. She doesn't seem to have big nights out and only the occasional pub drink. I don't get how she's so skint like she's a secret member of the Taylor family.
As a practice nurse in London she’d easily be on £40k+. Perhaps she has spent it all on trumpet polish. Or supporting Bex in her endless travels with her guitar.

• Haha
As a practice nurse in London she’d easily be on £40k+. Perhaps she has spent it all on trumpet polish. Or supporting Bex in her endless travels with her guitar.
Travels that's another thing she doesn't spend cash on. You never hear her mention going on holiday or visiting her daughter. I need to know where her wage goes :D

• Haha
Travels that's another thing she doesn't spend cash on. You never hear her mention going on holiday or visiting her daughter. I need to know where her wage goes :D
She went to India in 2021 to visit Bex, who was on her travels, during the pandemic when you weren’t allowed to travel internationally unless for exceptional reasons.

Of course at that time the rules and lockdown kept changing so was hard to keep up when you’re filming a soap many weeks in advance.

Last edited:
Just remembered that there was a storyline where Lee got clamidya from Abi and passed it onto Whitney when she was pregnant. She then lost the baby. Poor Whit.
When was this? Abi as in Maxs daughter? Why can't I recall that at all? Did they have a thing?

Mortgage
Being in a relationship
Having young kids

Kat saying it was a dingey smelly house (paraphasing) was so accurate. She should do the house up, usually what happens when an older person passes away - house is sold and theres a renovation. Unrealistic for the house to remain the same.

Reactions: 7
When was this? Abi as in Maxs daughter? Why can't I recall that at all? Did they have a thing?

Kat saying it was a dingey smelly house (paraphasing) was so accurate. She should do the house up, usually what happens when an older person passes away - house is sold and theres a renovation. Unrealistic for the house to remain the same.
Like when Ian did up Pauline's house after he inherited that. Dot's house desperately needs modernising, that kitchen is awful!

Reactions: 10
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.