Eastenders #12 It's a bummer if Zack's got your number

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I generally hate the ā€œishoosā€ based storylines. Unless they are done well and they rarely are. This syndrome is rare and such a sensitive topic, does it really need to be made into soap fodder? We have 12 year old pregnant, a young seemingly healthy man diagnosed as HIV+ not from unsafe sex which clearly he has had a lot of but from used syringes. Canā€™t we just have a straightforward storyline without an issue of the week.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
I literally want to see another whodunnit like the Lucy Beale storyline, that was megašŸ¤£
Donā€™t think Iā€™m feeling all thatā€™s coming up so far, Lola, Whitneyā€™s baby, Lily bein pregnant at 12. Just depressing and quite emotionally draining to see it played out like this. Canā€™t Bobby just sack off the upstanding citizen tit and smack someone up with a baseball bat again šŸ˜­

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Click at your own peril, itā€™s in the Metro I just happened to see it via Facebook.
So may or may not be entirely true.
Baby is going to be diagnosed with Edwards Syndrome, Iā€™ve had to google it as Iā€™m not familiar with it.
Edwards syndrome is a genetic condition in babies that causes severe disability. It is caused by an extra copy of chromosome 18 and babies born with the condition usually do not survive for much longer than a week.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 6
Click at your own peril, itā€™s in the Metro I just happened to see it via Facebook.
So may or may not be entirely true.
Baby is going to be diagnosed with Edwards Syndrome, Iā€™ve had to google it as Iā€™m not familiar with it.
Edwards syndrome is a genetic condition in babies that causes severe disability. It is caused by an extra copy of chromosome 18 and babies born with the condition usually do not survive for much longer than a week.
Yes this was already mentioned on the previous page. Hence why the last few posts have been about why so much miserable storylines all at once

Reactions: 8
I can see Jack being killed off eventually with a stress-induced illness, such as a heart attack. Heā€™s become such an angry man! I used to find him quite attractive for an older guy but his new personality has made him ugly šŸ¤£

*edited because of grammar mistakes*

Reactions: 15
I can see Jack being killed off eventually with a stress-induced illness, such as a heart attack. Heā€™s become such an angry man! I used to find him quite attractive for an older guy but his new personality has made him ugly šŸ¤£

How super cringe was the scene at the police station.

Iā€™m Jack

DCI Jack Branning

But you can call me Jack.

More like twit!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I have wondered about lilyā€™s baby and adoption/being brought up by someone else as they showed lily listening to Lola and Sharon discussing the adoption register and finding their mums.

I thought they checked for edwards syndrome at the 12 week blood tests and during the first scan.

Reactions: 2

He's caught 'Maxitis' it's a Branning condition where one brother has to shout and be angry at all times šŸ˜„

I'm sort of missing Max's menacing whispers now.

• Haha
Reactions: 19
He's caught 'Maxitis' it's a Branning condition where one brother has to shout and be angry at all times šŸ˜„

Max was iconic in comparison to big ears Jack... can't stand the ogre. I've never liked his character but he's much more irritating now. He just can't stand being wrong.

Yesterday's episode made me cry twice... such great acting from Billy, Jay, Kim and Lola. I'm really annoyed they're killing off Lola. She is one of the stronger characters when she has a storyline. Jay is going to be devastated. Wish the writers would write me into EE so I can comfort him. šŸ¤£

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 19
Iā€™m just hoping this Edwards things isnā€™t trueā€¦like why do they hate Whitney so much!

Sheā€™s:

- been groomed
- was tracked down by the groomers son and stalked and then killed him in self defence
- had a suicidal husband
- had a gay husband
- was with a serial killer
- having a baby with someone with HIV

I donā€™t love her as a character but this is brutal!!!

Also, didnā€™t they say there would be issues with Mick and Janiceā€™s baby but that wonā€™t happen now?! Itā€™s like they had to do the storyline so have shoe horned it in with Whitney!!

Last edited:
I think this comment indicates what will happen, seems like they've worked very closely with people who've experienced this. It's a sad storyline and a bit of a pile on but at least something very difficult is being represented. I think sadly the baby will not survive as i looked up the life expectancy and it is very low :(
4B95EE99-F4B9-4420-9B45-84B4A8B57D88.jpeg

Reactions: 7
Iā€™m just hoping this Edwards things isnā€™t trueā€¦like why do they hate Whitney so much!

Sheā€™s:

- been groomed
- was tracked down by the groomers son and stalked and then killed him in self defence
- had a suicidal husband
- had a gay husband

Wasn't she also forced into prostitution?

• Wow

Sheā€™s:

- been groomed
- had a suicidal husband
- had a gay husband

Also, didnā€™t they say there would be issues with Mick and Janiceā€™s baby but that wonā€™t happen now?! Itā€™s like they had to do the storyline so have shoe horned it in with Whitney!!
I think she had a miscarriage as well when she was with Lee ? It seems like they are turning Whitney into the new Ronnie by never having a happy ending.

I get raising awareness which needs to be done, but surely they could have chosen another character instead of the same one over and over.

Reactions: 13

Sheā€™s:

- been groomed
- had a suicidal husband
- had a gay husband

when you see it written down like that, for a relatively young character too, itā€™s crazy. there were also numerous other young female characters in the show at each of those points who could have had at least one of those storylines.

whitney is honestly the female ben. if thereā€™s an issue based storyline for a youngish male or female character it seems to go to either one of them!

Reactions: 13

My mum used to take the mick out of Max and Bradley shuffling and sighing whenever they entered the room šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚

• Haha
Reactions: 6
Wonder if Janineā€™s baby will ever be mentioned again? It surprised me that Ricky could just take lamb chop out of the country without any kind of red tape when her mum is in prison. Surely her kid should still visit her? Oh well, if it gets rid of lamb chop then fine.

• Haha
Reactions: 8
Wonder if Janineā€™s baby will ever be mentioned again? It surprised me that Ricky could just take lamb chop out of the country without any kind of red tape when her mum is in prison. Surely her kid should still visit her? Oh well, if it gets rid of lamb chop then fine.
I think there was a scene where Ricky said Janine had given him custody and he would be next of kin for her. I'm suprised the baby hadn't been mentioned, even that she lost it from almost drowning

• Haha
Reactions: 5
I think there was a scene where Ricky said Janine had given him custody and he would be next of kin for her. I'm suprised the baby hadn't been mentioned, even that she lost it from almost drowning
Probably forgot she was pregnant or the child will appear in 21 years with Mick having enjoyed their previous years on an deserted island

• Haha
Reactions: 11

Sheā€™s:

- been groomed
- had a suicidal husband
- had a gay husband

She was also groomed and used as a prostitute by the lad that used to be in shameless

Reactions: 11
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.