Eastenders #12 It's a bummer if Zack's got your number

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I saw My Fair Lady yesterday and Adam Woodyat was brilliant in it! Ashley from Emmerdale was also in it.

Back on topic, I think Eastenders is definitely the most watchable soap at the moment.

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Eastenders is the only soap I actually follow, maybe not every night its on but I do watch every episode.
I feel as though there are too many characters. They go from never being off screen at one point, like Suki and Eve to dropping off the face of the square for weeks on end. You're lucky if you see them in the background of Kathy's getting a cup of tea, then they have 1 random like shouting "oi!" as someone steals something from the shop and barges into them. Zack was just about doing 20 minutes an episode a few weeks ago, pulling all those faces between finding out about HIV and the cruise. I find it hard to really care about characters when it's like that and there doesn't seem to be many everyday life storylines just plodding along in the background.
Kim is so over the top but I think she's great and I wish they would find another character for Whitneys storylines, there's just something so off putting about her.

Reactions: 13
I saw My Fair Lady yesterday and Adam Woodyat was brilliant in it! Ashley from Emmerdale was also in it.

Back on topic, I think Eastenders is definitely the most watchable soap at the moment.
Ah I'm watching that in March and very excited to see Adam on stage! Glad you enjoyed it!

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I weirdly enjoyed Redwater. Didn't they have a gay cousin affair as well?
they did!!!

i weirdly enjoyed it too, though it’s strange that none of the events in it seemed to impact kay and alfie in any way and they have never spoken of it again. i remember it being really well filmed too oddly.

Reactions: 8
Story doesn’t add up at all. She was on £150k a year but didn’t buy a house back then. Fair enough, we all make mistakes when young. She’s had an OK acting career since then though and has a partner who is presumably earning. Wonder if her money was lost in bad investments. ❄ Also, your landlord can’t just kick you out with two days notice, sold property or not.

Reactions: 10
She went to India in 2021 to visit Bex, who was on her travels, during the pandemic when you weren’t allowed to travel internationally unless for exceptional reasons.

Of course at that time the rules and lockdown kept changing so was hard to keep up when you’re filming a soap many weeks in advance.

That is amazing as she is Walford’s resident medical expert. I guess they had zero COVID infections as a result of her amazing medical knowledge, so unlike every other NHS worker at that time she was not busy, so could take an overseas holiday when no one else was able to. She would have got a special dispensation for her amazing contribution to the Walford medical profession and the community.

• Haha
Reactions: 12
Story doesn’t add up at all. She was on £150k a year but didn’t buy a house back then. Fair enough, we all make mistakes when young. She’s had an OK acting career since then though and has a partner who is presumably earning. Wonder if her money was lost in bad investments. ❄ Also, your landlord can’t just kick you out with two days notice, sold property or not.
And has the opportunity to join the rest of the band on a reunion tour but says she might not do it

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Why is Sonia worrying about her inheritance tax? She's a nurse on a London wage. She's never had a mortgage and doesn't have a partner or young kid. She's lived for years in a home that didn't belong to her. Surely then she's got savings? What has her cash gone on all these years? The things that cost the most in life are......

Mortgage
Being in a relationship
Having young kids
Having a car to get around in

She doesn't tick any of those boxes. I think she needs to see a financial advisor if she's getting through her money without it being obvious where it's going. She wears the same clothes for years so it doesn't go on her wardrobe. Dots house looked the same when Jim was alive so she doesn't spend her wage on home improvements. She doesn't seem to have big nights out and only the occasional pub drink. I don't get how she's so skint like she's a secret member of the Taylor family.
I think you'll find Sonia has a car which appeared from nowhere in the nick of time to take Whitney to get scan haha

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.