Eastenders #12 It's a bummer if Zack's got your number

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I enjoyed tonight’s episode happy Jay and Lola got married in the end. The ending with the balloons got me.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 15
can they not just let characters have a storyline and see it through?! why the constant pile on with issue based storylines on the same characters? they haven’t even really started exploring zach’ hiv yet.

Reactions: 23
I've just looked that up
So the outcome for the baby isn't good. Why do they have to heap more misery onto Whitney? 😔 it's bad enough that Zack has HIV.

• Sad
Reactions: 21
I've just looked that up
So the outcome for the baby isn't good. Why do they have to heap more misery onto Whitney? 😔 it's bad enough that Zack has HIV.
the first comment on that insta post is “she hasn’t even had the baby yet and it’s already had two storylines” - why can’t whitney just catch a break?!

• Haha
Reactions: 17
I've just looked that up
Is this not also going to confuse things and make people believe that HIV has caused the issue? I may be wrong, and please correct me if I am, but aren’t they 2 completely separate issues? Can HIV increase the risk of Edwards/Patau’s syndrome?
I only really remember some vague info from being pregnant that they have less(?) chromosomes so are unlikely to survive much past birth. Again, apologies for my poor understanding on the issue.

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Is this not also going to confuse things and make people believe that HIV has caused the issue? I may be wrong, and please correct me if I am, but aren’t they 2 completely separate issues? Can HIV increase the risk of Edwards/Patau’s syndrome?
I only really remember some vague info from being pregnant that they have less(?) chromosomes so are unlikely to survive much past birth. Again, apologies for my poor understanding on the issue.
Yes I agree. From reading the NHS website the prognosis isn't good. It says:
"Sadly, most babies with Edwards' syndrome will die before or shortly after being born.
A small number (about 13 in 100) babies born alive with Edwards' syndrome will live past their 1st birthday."

Having 2 medical stories like this is a bit too much for my liking

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 20
Pretty sure they aren't connected but of course Zack will get the blame (initially).

---

I noticed earlier in the week, the actor who plays Zack posted on his insta stories that he and Shona had been left a gift each (by who? I'm not sure) in their dressing room to thank them for working hard on difficult scenes they'd filmed that day. Guessing something to do with the baby.

Reactions: 10
Yes I agree. From reading the NHS website the prognosis isn't good. It says:
"Sadly, most babies with Edwards' syndrome will die before or shortly after being born.
A small number (about 13 in 100) babies born alive with Edwards' syndrome will live past their 1st birthday."

Having 2 medical stories like this is a bit too much for my liking
same :( it’s giving me flashbacks (though not the same) to when stuart had both cancer and post partum depression and so neither storyline got the focus it deserved.

poor whitney though, we know she desperately wants a baby and now this (and potentially with her niece having a child too) just seems so cruel.

Reactions: 13

We have Olly and Janet as young kids with health issues already. It's impossible for an healthy kid to be born on Albert Square. Especially if you add in it being born to two adults in a loving relationship.

Reactions: 1
They really do pile on characters don't they. Whitney's had enough to go through for about 10 people. Its like last year they did Stuart having a surrogacy, cancer, pnd, drug issues like if you put so much on one character it's overwhelming. I've not heard of Edwards syndrome so it's good to spread awareness but bleeping hell give whitney a break (edit; a user made the exact same point as me here above and articulated better)

Reactions: 13
Getting a bit sick of EE ramping up the misery. Great that they raise awareness of issues but they seem to be throwing too much into the mix at once. It’s like they’re desperate to win some soap awards.

Reactions: 7
Seen a few people speculating online that Whitney will end up raising Lily's baby 😳
That's what I suspected. Whitney will find our before lily has an abortion and then lily will ask Whitney if she wants to adopt. Lily has already planted the seed of not wanting an abortion when she said it was the size of a strawberry etc

Reactions: 12
I'm really fed up of EE atm. I don't want to watch constant misery. I loved the wedding today, I smiled whilst watching and I was happy that everyone was happy. I know there has to be drama but I'd prefer to watch stuff like the Keeble storyline, rather than Lola dying, Lily pregnant, Whitney's baby dying, Zac having HIV and Amy self harming, all at the same time! We've barely even seen Linda, getting over Mick dying. When Lucy Beale died, seeing Ian come to terms with it was really good TV, when Denny died, seeing Sharon and Phil's reaction was really good TV. With Linda, we've had a few minutes of her talking to Alfie about it and it's like he hasn't really gone

Reactions: 15
Phil’s look to Billy in the ceremony got me 🥺😭🥺😭🥺

As did Lola’s speech.

It was sultry Sonia that killed my tears!

• Heart
Reactions: 12
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.