Early and forgotten British celebs

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I’m just watching the 1945 spooky film ‘Dead of Night’ all the actors are so good, including the marvellous Googie Withers. Her costumes are uber-glamorous too

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Trolled by the Daily Mail 10 years ago, unfortunately. She responded.

U11.jpg

A couple of weeks ago, Emily Lloyd was photographed walking her dog in the street where she lives. It was noted that she was wearing torn jeans and her hair was unkempt. An old mattress and bags of rubbish were strewn across the steps leading up to her flat in Hackney, East London - a million miles away from Hollywood. What, it was asked, had become of the one-time golden girl of British cinema who was nominated for a Bafta for her role in Wish You Were Here and who went on to appear in movies alongside Brad Pitt and Bruce Willis?

Emily says she would like to know what attire might have been more appropriate to take her Staffordshire bull terrier, Randolph, for a walk. 'What should I have worn - a ballgown and tiara? And as for that mattress, the neighbours were refurbishing their flat and had just put it out there. It's usually quite tidy. I didn't think it was fair to take that shot of me. I was upset, but my mum said I should laugh it off, and I sort of did.'

Emily has suffered from mental illness on and off for 20 years. There have been various diagnoses, among them mild schizophrenia, Tourette's syndrome, obsessive compulsive disorder and attention deficit disorder.

She says she has been offered three lead film roles in the past few years, but has turned them down. (She says film etiquette does not allow her to say what they were, out of respect to whoever did take the part.) She has been invited to appear in a number of reality shows and claims she recently turned down Dancing With The Stars, the U.S. version of Strictly Come Dancing.

In 2020, she confessed she's long-battled depression stemming from childhood abuse by her stepfather.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 7
Trolled by the Daily Mail 10 years ago, unfortunately. She responded.

View attachment 2119549

A couple of weeks ago, Emily Lloyd was photographed walking her dog in the street where she lives. It was noted that she was wearing torn jeans and her hair was unkempt. An old mattress and bags of rubbish were strewn across the steps leading up to her flat in Hackney, East London - a million miles away from Hollywood. What, it was asked, had become of the one-time golden girl of British cinema who was nominated for a Bafta for her role in Wish You Were Here and who went on to appear in movies alongside Brad Pitt and Bruce Willis?

Emily says she would like to know what attire might have been more appropriate to take her Staffordshire bull terrier, Randolph, for a walk. 'What should I have worn - a ballgown and tiara? And as for that mattress, the neighbours were refurbishing their flat and had just put it out there. It's usually quite tidy. I didn't think it was fair to take that shot of me. I was upset, but my mum said I should laugh it off, and I sort of did.'

Emily has suffered from mental illness on and off for 20 years. There have been various diagnoses, among them mild schizophrenia, Tourette's syndrome, obsessive compulsive disorder and attention deficit disorder.

She says she has been offered three lead film roles in the past few years, but has turned them down. (She says film etiquette does not allow her to say what they were, out of respect to whoever did take the part.) She has been invited to appear in a number of reality shows and claims she recently turned down Dancing With The Stars, the U.S. version of Strictly Come Dancing.

In 2020, she confessed she's long-battled depression stemming from childhood abuse by her stepfather.
So sad does anyone know if she was close to her dad he was trigger I think on only fools and horses

Reactions: 6
Anybody remember the jazz singer Lita Rosa? She died 2008,I remember listening to her her hit song How much is that doggy in the window.

• Heart
Reactions: 5
Anybody remember the jazz singer Lita Rosa? She died 2008,I remember listening to her her hit song How much is that doggy in the window.
Ahhh yes - my dear, late mom used to sing it to me when I was little. Brings back so many lovely memories. I now sing it to my little grandchildren and they love it too! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
They’ve got some old British films on iPlayer at the moment - Lavender Hill Mob, Passport to Pimlico, etc

• Heart
Reactions: 9
Emily Lloyd not sure what she’s doing now but what a talent, Wish you where here 😀
After her father died she found out she was pregnant and I thought, maybe naively, it would be a happy ending but she split up with her partner he got custody due to her mental health issues and is able to see her 3 days a week.
She had a romance with Gavin Rossdale and lost her virginity to him, the next morning he told her that his girlfriend was moving in later that day. She took an OD and went back to set the next day.
She was close to her father and her mother but they seemed to want different things for her - he wanted her to be academic whereas the mum wanted her to go to Cannes when she was meant to sit her O Levels. Sadly her mother died a few years ago and she says she ‘worries herself half-sick over whether the stress of her separation from Arabelle’s father hastened her mother’s death’.

• Sad
Reactions: 6
Just got me talking pics email..next Saturday earlies sixties film 1964.next Saturday.

This week’s big film premiere is Sidney J. Furie’s 1964 drama The Leather Boyson Saturday at 9.30pm, in which the swift marriage of a young couple begins to crumble after husband Reggie meets a handsome mod. This classic British filmhas a fantastic cast that includes Rita Tushingham, Dudley Sutton, Colin Campbell, Dandy Nichols and Johnny Briggs. Set at the Ace café, there are brilliant locations and a must for bikers!

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 11