Early and forgotten British celebs

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Was watching a Canterbury tale other day, Charles hawtree unexpectedly was in it. Just a minor role but good!

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I missed it but carry on camping was on weekend just gone,really made me laugh that one,it was the womens laugh.🤣
They had them all on over the weekend. They are usually on every Easter and Xmas but you don't mind as they are the perfect films to just sit back and have a laugh at with a cuppa and some snacks. Most of them are on catch-up at the minute so you might get it there if you want to see it. I think Sky Cinema has a few as well.

Reactions: 8
If you go back to the early days of the Studio System in Hollywood, they did much worse than that. They used to force women to have abortions, decide who could date who and who could go where. The most appalling abuse went on. Look at Judy Garland who was given 'uppers' so she would perform and 'downers' so she could sleep. No wonder she was a drug addict for the rest of her life.
I was on a bus as a child going passed Chelsea registry office and saw judy garland when she married there.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 14
I was on a bus as a child going passed Chelsea registry office and saw judy garland when she married there.
Oh wow!! That’s amazing.

My dear late Mom was a huge fan - The Trolley Song from Meet Me in St Louis was her all time favourite. I love it too ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 7
I don’t know if this celebrity is forgotten but I was reading this article on David Tomlinson (Mr Banks from Mary Poppins) and this little excerpt made me titter.
His favourite story was of an old landlady telling him of the kindness of her previous guest. “Do you know,” she explained, “that man went out on Saturday night, met a sailor who had nowhere to stay and let him share his bed.”

• Haha
Reactions: 18
She was in one of my all-night fav films. Highlander
One of mine too, the bit where Heather is lying in her bed dying and asks Connor why he stayed with her then Freddie starts singing who wants to live forever I’m actually in tears writing this but it’s so moving or I’m just pathetic.
I actually saw some of the film being made, the bit with Sean Connery in the boat where he’s telling Christopher Lambert he’s immortal was filmed on Loch Sheil by the Jacobite monument I was watching for 3 days sitting on the top of my little old mini.
why oh why they ever made more films and a tv series is beyond me I refuse to acknowledge that any of them exist
---
Vivien Leigh had a long term affair with Peter finch and in a Peter finch biography written by his ex wife she said he was upstairs seeing to her (VL) in the bedroom whilst they were all at a party. Cant remember who's house. Peter finch also had a baby with Shirley Bassey also whilst he was married and the girl died in suspicious curcumstances in her 20s?
I know Shirley Bassey's daughter was a prostitute not sure how she died drugs maybe because a guy who used to come into my pub had a father who was an undertaker and he buried her.
---
One of my favourite jokes is one of theirs.

Eric: Nice out, isn't it?
Ern: Yes, but you'd better put it away again now.
Mine was them in bed and a siren is heard through the window and Eric says he’s never going to sell any ice cream going that fast.
---
Oh yes,wasnt they on the Les Dawson show?Or am I getting mixed up?
I use to live in Blackpool and Mo Moreland the lead dancer was always stuck up Tracey Dawson’s arse something going on there I think. Anyway I served them at a wedding reception they were with a bloke brylcream hair, chest wig, massive chunky gold rings and bracelets, smoking the biggest cigar in the world what a bunch of self important twats. There was a free bottle of fizzy on every table and the tables were 6 people at each, apart from their table were there were 3 empty seats 🤔 Anyway the table next to them all had other drinks so they told me to go and get the bottle of fizzy as they said they had been watching and nobody was drinking it. Im like I can’t just grab the bottle and Tracey said just tell them it’s for les Dawson’s wife, he’d been dead years by then 🤡

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 7
I've never seen any evidence that Shirley Bassey's daughter Samantha was a prostitute.
She was found in the River Avon below the Clifton Suspension Bridge. The official verdict was accidental death, though there have been rumours of suicide or murder. Dame Shirley has never accepted the verdict and claims that, because there were no broken bones, she could not have fallen off the bridge.

• Sad
Reactions: 2
Dusty was a fabulous singer Cilla was rubbish In Can't understand why she was so successful her career should have been singing to campers in a Rhyl caravan site.
Cilla was also an up her own bleeping arse witch only nice to people she thought had something to offer her or were more famous than she was. Her and Paul o Grady’s friendship was one I could never work out maybe she was always on her best behaviour when she was with him 🤷‍♀️
---
I've never seen any evidence that Shirley Bassey's daughter Samantha was a prostitute.
She was found in the River Avon below the Clifton Suspension Bridge. The official verdict was accidental death, though there have been rumours of suicide or murder. Dame Shirley has never accepted the verdict and claims that, because there were no broken bones, she could not have fallen off the bridge.
Maybe that was speculation on someone’s part but I’m happy to be wrong, l do know she was a very poor mother though her career was far more important than her kids.
---
By the way the green man is on film 4 right now 😀

Last edited:
Reactions: 3