Ear piercings

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Anyone used those cheap disposable piercing kits I've just got 3 off shein but I'm scared
I would advice against it. Go to a tattoo shop and get it done professionally. It is your body though (body is a temple hahaha) so do it properly.

Reactions: 4
Anyone used those cheap disposable piercing kits I've just got 3 off shein but I'm scared
Obviously the safest option is going to a professional where they should use a needle. I remember getting my lobes done with a piercing gun when I was 8 and still remember how much that hurt. Recently I did my helix myself with a sewing needle and that hurt a lot less, despite it going through cartilage. If you are going to pierce yourself use a needle.

• Wow
Reactions: 4
Obviously the safest option is going to a professional where they should use a needle. I remember getting my lobes done with a piercing gun when I was 8 and still remember how much that hurt. Recently I did my helix myself with a sewing needle and that hurt a lot less, despite it going through cartilage. If you are going to pierce yourself use a needle.
Damn you brave! I’ve pierced my lobes with a needle but I’m way too wimpy to do cartilage myself!

I got two off Amazon for lockdown 2.0. I did the top of my ear and just above my lobe on the other ear. Pretty painless and healed really well. The top of my ear is a little further forward at the back that I would like but it’s minimal and I can’t see it myself!

Reactions: 1
Not ear related sorry😖

Had my belly button done years ago. Had no issues with it, just took it out one day and left it to fully heal. I’m wanting it re-done, has anyone had theirs re-pierced? Is there more risk of infection or are they usually fine?

Not ear related sorry😖

Had my belly button done years ago. Had no issues with it, just took it out one day and left it to fully heal. I’m wanting it re-done, has anyone had theirs re-pierced? Is there more risk of infection or are they usually fine?
I think more painful because of damaged tissue but should be fine. Wish mine would close up! I’ve had it 16 years and it appears I’ll be wearing aged 90 at this rate 😂

• Haha
Can’t decide on tragus :)
Tragus was my first proper piercing i.e. had to go to a piercing place and it wasn't lobes.

I have had it for almost half my life now and j still think it looks great.

Over the years I have changed the jewelery to suit my style, have gone from a hoop to plain bars and now a bar with a little clear gem 😊

Definitely one of my favourite piercings.

Reactions: 3
Not ear related sorry😖

Sorry for going off the topic, but did your piercing close up nicely? Mine is relatively new but it is taking a long time to heal, if it rejects I want to take it out but wonder whether it will leave a scar or a hole.

Sorry for going off the topic, but did your piercing close up nicely? Mine is relatively new but it is taking a long time to heal, if it rejects I want to take it out but wonder whether it will leave a scar or a hole.
It did yes☺ I had no issues at all. I can still see the dots of where the piercing was, but it’s fully closed and cannot get a belly bar through it at all.
I religiously cleaned mine with salt water after I got it done though.

• Heart
I’m seriously considering a daith piercing but am wondering how painful they are? I have my nose pierced and that didn’t hurt as much as I thought it would, the daith area is harder though..

I want my lobes doing a 3rd time and my tragus - what’s the heal time like with tragus?
I have both of mine done at different times and it varied. The first healed incredibly fast, within a few weeks. The second was still bleeding occasionally and uncomfortable 8 months later. I got them done at separate times so I always had one side to sleep on but I’m wondering if I was lying on the second one more once I’d fallen asleep or something! I will also say the placement of the second isn’t the best - closer to the edge of the tragus instead of nicely in the middle. So my two varied from less than a month to about 10 months.

I have lobes and 2x helix, considering getting forward helix done :) where does everyone get their earrings? I've not got any nice ones and can't find any I like!