Ear piercings

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I have about ten in my ears and my favourite is the conch. I wear a hoop in it and its the only one I ever get comments on. It was a nightmare to heal though!

Know this is an old thread, I’ve got one piercing in my earlobes and really want some more! I have a two questions: which was the least painful and healed the fastest (I do badly with pain)! And which one looks the cutest? I’ve heard some people can’t sleep on the ear they got pierced so I’m doing one side and after that heals, the other

Reactions: 1
I have both ears pierced twice. Rarely wear two earrings though and regularly have to re pierce the second hole. Had the top of one ear pierced as a teenager many moons ago and it was agony. I couldn’t lie on it. Took it out and let it heal over.

• Heart
I have 2 lobe piercings and forward helix, I had to have the second lobe pierced again last week and it’s healed already!

Know this is an old thread, I’ve got one piercing in my earlobes and really want some more! I have a two questions: which was the least painful and healed the fastest (I do badly with pain)! And which one looks the cutest? I’ve heard some people can’t sleep on the ear they got pierced so I’m doing one side and after that heals, the other
generally all cartilage piercings take a while to heal. The fastest and least bothersome are usually the lobes. Maybe you could get another set next to the ones you already have?

A standard helix always is a nice one but again can be a pain to heal and yeah you need to be wary of sleeping on it for the first few weeks. I love my tragus piercing and it suits most people. That one did not hurt at all but did take a while to heal. Although everyone’s body is different and heals at different speed x

Reactions: 2
I have an industrial which I absolutely love. It's only about 2 months old and really hurts if I catch anything on it.

Had a helix in my other ear 3 months ago. Ended up having to take it out due to pain and when I did I realised my cartilage was messed up, huge hard bump. I learned that it was likely due to the fact it was pierced by a gun. I know, I know, but I didn't know at the time it was a bad idea.
I'm planning to get it redone with a bloody needle next time.

I have three lobe piercing in one of my ears and just a standard one in the other. I wanted to have the extra holes done with a needle but the piercing lady said it would be faster with a gun. I shouldn’t have listened to her, it was rather painful and they are still healing 🙄 Can only sleep on my other side now. Never do yours with a gun guys! I had my belly button done on the same day with a needle (piercing catheter) and it healed beautifully.

I also want to have my helix and conch/orbital done, but I’ve heard they take ages to heal. Can someone fill me in? I’d also love to get my nose pierced but I would not be able to wear it to work.

I had my ears pierced when I was 8 and didn’t get any more until a few weeks ago when I got bored and decided to pierce my helix 😂. I’ve had it in for nearly 8 weeks now and it’s pretty much healed. The other day I tried to do a second one just above it but didn’t quite measure it properly so it was too close. I think I’ll try again once it’s healed up. I want my seconds done too but am worried about not getting it in line with my firsts so will go to an actual piercer for that.

I have one in each ear (in the traditional spots), along with a daith piercing in one ear (which I got to assist with overcoming a few health issues, which it's definitely done).

I had the initial piercings did when I was 10, but I had a really bad reaction to the earrings so let the holes close over. I had them re-done in my 20s and the woman must've been drunk as they're lopsided! (Noticeably so!) 😆 I made sure they used surgical posts this time, so I've had no reaction.

I had the daith piercing done last year. My mother-in-law thought it was the most outrageous thing ever. I like it, and I'd be tempted to get the other side done too, if it hadn't hurt so much.

I quite like the look of 'climbers' and would be tempted to get two or three more in each ear to create that look, but I'm not brave enough ... plus, I feel (at almost 50) that I'm a bit old to carry that look off. Maybe I should just concentrate on fixing up the lopsidedness.

Last edited:
I had a conch piercing done just before Xmas, so far so good. I wasn’t doing any excessive cleaning, just spray it with saline. Obviously it still feel tender but I am very happy with it. I hope to get a tash rook done on the same ear.

for those of you who have lots of piercing, is one of your ears more ‘curated’ than the other, or do you try to balance it out?

I had a conch piercing done just before Xmas, so far so good. I wasn’t doing any excessive cleaning, just spray it with saline. Obviously it still feel tender but I am very happy with it. I hope to get a tash rook done on the same ear.

for those of you who have lots of piercing, is one of your ears more ‘curated’ than the other, or do you try to balance it out?
I'm trying to keep mine balanced.

I have on my left:
3 lobe
Tragus
Daith

On my right:
2 lobe
Conch
Forward helix

I don't know whether to get my third lobe done on my right ear or keep them uneven as I definitely want to get a second forward helix on that ear.

My favourite piercing is my tragus. I had it done with a needle, it didn’t hurt and healed fast. I have another cartridge piercing near the top of my ear which took ages to heal and still plays up occasionally.

• Heart
Personally I found my rook, conch and tragus were the easiest to heal and are my favourites!

Worst to heal were the daith, never stopped crusting and just wouldn't heal after 3 years! Also found upper cartilage piercings never 100% calmed down, always getting caught and sore. I took mine out after almost 10 years!

My biggest piece of advice if you're getting a new ear piercing is to choose a bar over a ring!

Oh and there is no pain quite like catching your belly piercing 🤣 I don't know if they're fashionable at the moment, but there's no way I'd get mine re-pierced!

Reactions: 3
Personally I found my rook, conch and tragus were the easiest to heal and are my favourites!

Worst to heal were the daith, never stopped crusting and just wouldn't heal after 3 years! Also found upper cartilage piercings never 100% calmed down, always getting caught and sore. I took mine out after almost 10 years!

My biggest piece of advice if you're getting a new ear piercing is to choose a bar over a ring!

Oh and there is no pain quite like catching your belly piercing 🤣 I don't know if they're fashionable at the moment, but there's no way I'd get mine re-pierced!
My forward helix took nearly 2 years to stop going Crusty🤢

I still have my belly button pierced as I took it out for over a year and it wouldn’t heal so looked better than a big hole. I’ve never thought it hurt though. Nice easy piercing

I'm trying to keep mine balanced.

I have on my left:
3 lobe
Tragus
Daith

On my right:
2 lobe
Conch
Forward helix

I don't know whether to get my third lobe done on my right ear or keep them uneven as I definitely want to get a second forward helix on that ear.
How do you rate the pain for all your piercing? Was daith piercing scary? I am trying to do one ear at a time, so I can sleep properly at night

How do you rate the pain for all your piercing? Was daith piercing scary? I am trying to do one ear at a time, so I can sleep properly at night
Most painful were lobes!! Which is partly why I'm reluctant to get third lob done on my right ear.

Daith and forward helix they numbed them so I didn't really feel anything. Stupidly I had them done at the same time on opposite ears so sleep was a bit awkward for a few days. But they had an offer of buy one get one half price and I try to keep mine even.

Daith wasn't scary. Go for a bar over a hoop. It healed quicker than my forward helix. That kept staying lumpy until I stopped the solution they give you and the lump went within 2 days!

Tragus and conch I had done so long ago I can't remember. I've had them for over half my life!

I didn't find my daith too bad, I do have quite a high pain threshold though. I got it pierced with a ring though and as others have said, go for a bar as the healing is much better. It wasn't painful as such but took forever to heal until I changed to a bar as the ring moved around too much and kept getting irritated.

Anyone used those cheap disposable piercing kits I've just got 3 off shein but I'm scared

Anyone used those cheap disposable piercing kits I've just got 3 off shein but I'm scared
I’d be too chicken to use it but somebody on here told me they got their helix done with one at home and it turned out fine. My main reservation is that when you pierce the skin with a gun, it tears it instead of making a hole so the edges are uneven and take longer to heal. I’m healing two gun piercings at the moment so I’m speaking from personal experience 😅 Dunno what your kit is like but if you have a choice, do your piercing with a needle.