Ear piercings

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Left ear: 3 lobes, one tragus, one helix and a rook. Some posters above said their rook was a little witch, but that one was actually my easiest and least painful one!

right ear: 1 forward helix and 4 lobes = 2 normal ones and 2 upper lobes. Would like to get a daith and a conch still in this ear.

Lobes twice in each ear. Really want my tragus doing with one of those heart shaped piercings.

Reactions: 1
I have a tragus and a rook. The rook was the most recent and has put me off ear piercings forever tbh, it took SO long to heal and was so incredibly painful. It’s fine now but I had to sleep on one side for about a year!

never had any problems with the other ones, I even pierced my second lobes parent trap-style in my bedroom when I was about 13 and they turned out fine 😂 would not recommend!
My conch was an absolute bastard. Swelled up like a rugby players ear and still flares up every now and then.

I don’t have any but I am desperate for a simple lobe piercing, I have a really bad phobic reaction to medical procedures/needles though so the thought of it makes me feel woozy 🥴 also I dread not being able to sleep at night on my sides. 🥲

• Heart
I don’t have any but I am desperate for a simple lobe piercing, I have a really bad phobic reaction to medical procedures/needles though so the thought of it makes me feel woozy 🥴 also I dread not being able to sleep at night on my sides. 🥲
I never minded getting the needle, it was often the recovery after that was worse for me.

Left ear - 3 lobe, tragus and daith
Right ear - 2 lobe, conch and forward helix

I’ve got far too many to count,
Right ear - daith, tragus, forward helix, conch x 2, then 6 holes on my lobes (normally just leave top 3 in).
Left ear - lobes x 3 and outer conch.
Going to work on my left ear next year as I was told by my piercer to do one ear at a time. Not going to lie as much as I like my piercings I hate having to sleep on a travel pillow 😂😂😂
That's what puts me off, the sleep issue. I'm one side heavier than the other but at least I can sleep on one side 😂

I have two in each lobe and then two helix on my left ear - I'd like a conch and a tragus on the right ear but I really don't know if I can be bothered with the long healing process. Maybe one day I'll get a sudden burst of motivation and do it, but I'm happy for now! I also wouldn't mind a daith but don't really have the ear anatomy for it unfortunately.

If you get it done by a professional piercer using proper needles (not a Claire's gun, which can't be sterilized properly and force a blunt earring through your flesh), lobes piercings really don't hurt. I was like you, and forced myself to get it done to help my phobia. I had it done properly with a needle and despite my fears and being generally sensitive, it didn't hurt at all. I was actually shocked by how painless it was.

It was also easy to sleep with them in.

If you want to cheat, you can probably buy yourself some EMLA numbing cream ;)

I only have each lobe pierced but mine are stretched. Only 8mm at the moment. Went up to 20mm before but took them out for a bit and they shrunk. Would love a scaffold but I’m a bit of a wimp.

I have my standard lobes, a scaffold\industrial and a vertical surface tragus which I looove. Would like a daith piercing & potentially a normal tragus in my other ear & 2nd lobes (to start with lol)
I also have lip piercings but I rarely wear anything in them & I'm planning to get my nose pierced for like the third time (I did not account for how quickly they closed up)

I have my tragus, anti tragus and conch pierced. I’d say my anti tragus was the most painful out of them all but it healed beautifully. Looking to get a rook piercing next.

I had to take out my conch as it kept flaring up and getting a bump (and believe me, I tried EVERYTHING). I loved the look of it though so I’m wondering if maybe it was pierced wonky to begin with and I should give it another go. Any tips?

I had to take out my conch as it kept flaring up and getting a bump (and believe me, I tried EVERYTHING). I loved the look of it though so I’m wondering if maybe it was pierced wonky to begin with and I should give it another go. Any tips?
Mine always gets a bump if I wear a ring in it - what sort of jewellery did you have in? I found mine calmed down most when it had quite a short barbell in it (once it had healed and the swelling went down). Anything too long and I kept knocking it which made it worse. Mine is nearly 10 years old now and doesn’t cause me any problems. It’s worth trying again if you can put up with probably about a year of healing!

Does anyone else’s lobe piercing play up even after years? Last week one of my second lobe piercings went a bit red and sore, with yellowish discharge, I cleaned my earrings and it seems to have cleared up, but is that normal? No trauma to the piercing or anything

Does anyone else’s lobe piercing play up even after years? Last week one of my second lobe piercings went a bit red and sore, with yellowish discharge, I cleaned my earrings and it seems to have cleared up, but is that normal? No trauma to the piercing or anything
They can do every now and again. No reason. But settles down again thankfully 🙄

I went to a piercing shop for a third hole in my ear a month or so ago, and while I was there decided (stupidly) to get my tragus pierced despite having not properly researched it. It still hurts and I wear in-ear headphones for work which is probably not helping. Does the tragus pain calm down or is it like this for 18 months? Kinda not loving it enough to warrant the discomfort compared to my lobe piercings... I think the only thing stopping me from taking it out now and letting it heal up is the fact it cost me £50

These days I've got two in each lobe. I used to have three in each lobe and the top of my ear done. Apart from the first ones which were done with a gun, I did the rest in my bedroom as a teenager with a sleeper stud and an ice cube. Makes me wince now.
I didn't really have enough space for the third lobe one so one side always felt really sore and the top one always had a lump by it and was uncomfortable to sleep on.

Reactions: 2