Dry February 2021

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I haven’t had a drink despite considering it this weekend. Will try and complete feb then see how I feel in March. With the weather so cold I bought some non alcoholic red wine and made mulled wine to have last night. Was cozy.

Reactions: 4
Hi guys just checking in. Well done everyone who’s still at it, wish I could say same 🙄

I fell off the wagon a few days last week, had a couple of beers then Prosecco on Wednesday followed by a Chinese I barely recollect eating. My jumper remembered with chilli sauce on the front though lol. We both felt tit on Thursday but made ourselves go on a 2 hour walk, which culminated in us sitting on a bench eating pies from a local deli to ease our hangovers 😂 we then, and I have no idea why really as neither of us are huge fans of it, ended up buying a bottle of gin on offer from the shop on the way home which we proceeded to drink between us Thursday and Friday. Didn’t have a drink Saturday, last night I wasn’t bothered but because it was Valentine’s Day I shared a bottle of red with my boyfriend who had been at work all day. Actually impressed at having that and being content, it was a lovely rich Shiraz. I slept fine too. Maybe that is the way forward for me rather than a load of beers or Prosecco, the problem with fizz is once you’ve opened it you have to drink it, can’t exactly save it for the next week!

Anyway thanks for listening to my confessional. I really am going to try harder this week, I’m trying to lose weight so boozing really doesn’t help or the beige food required to make me feel better afterwards! Hope everyone has a good week 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I had my first drink of 2021 at the weekend. We enjoyed (plenty of) prosecco with our valentines dinner. That's me now again til the end of March I think - was a bit hungover yesterday and it was not fun.

Reactions: 5
I’m quite surprised to report I am still dry! Definitely a time when living alone plays a big part, nobody to tempt me to just have one and it’s just not fun to drink alone. I’m trying to keep going until I can have a drink with a friend and daring to dream that might happen indoors (who knows when?!)

My mental health has also been pretty shaky in this last lockdown so it’s actually a relief not to have the impact of alcohol on it too. My skin is the best it’s been in years but I am quietly seething that I’ve barely lost any weight when it has fallen off in previous Dry Jans

• Heart
Reactions: 6
I had a glass of wine last night (bought a mini bottle) and it was really enjoyable and I felt totally satisfied with just one glass!

I really want to lose weight but sadly my body is hanging onto it for dear life 🙄

I had a glass of wine last night (bought a mini bottle) and it was really enjoyable and I felt totally satisfied with just one glass!

I really want to lose weight but sadly my body is hanging onto it for dear life 🙄
Even though I really want to lose weight and it’s practically all I think about I am struggling to go at it full pelt with the fact food/drink is all I have to look forward to at the moment! I idiotically/optimistically booked flights in Virgin’s Black Friday sale to the USA to go see my family in June and that was spurring me on but now I’m like what is the point 😂 went for a run this morning and was thinking how nice it would be to even be able to go for a run at the park in the nearest town! 😂

I’ve decided to have some wine tonight. Haven’t had a drink since NYE but I need to enjoy some me time in the rare chance I’ve got with my son being at his dads. I will try and keep it to a couple of glasses but we’ll see. I’ve only got one bottle in the house so can’t go mad. I’m shocked I made it 45 days without a drink as it’s the longest I’ve gone in over 6 years 😱
Not lost any weight though FFS but I did seem to replace booze with choc 😂😂

• Heart
Reactions: 9
I’m contemplating giving up booze for Lent. It’s the only thing I find it difficult not to have. Unless I was to give up coffee 🤣 I’ve got around it in the past by giving up beer or giving up wine but still having other alcoholic drinks. 40 days though it’s even longer than DJ 😬😬 I don’t even usually bother with Lent anymore and neither does my ex alter boy partner 🤣 Think we’ve been watching too much Father Ted 😂🤣

• Heart
I have committed to yoga daily, doing the organised mum method and being 90% sober so if I cut anything else out I will go mad 🤣🤣

• Heart
I’m contemplating giving up booze for Lent. It’s the only thing I find it difficult not to have. Unless I was to give up coffee 🤣 I’ve got around it in the past by giving up beer or giving up wine but still having other alcoholic drinks. 40 days though it’s even longer than DJ 😬😬 I don’t even usually bother with Lent anymore and neither does my ex alter boy partner 🤣 Think we’ve been watching too much Father Ted 😂🤣
You should definitely give it try. The longest I’ve gone without was 58 days, after 35 ive stopped counting, as well as lost my personality and turned into boring old fart 😂. My BDay is at the end of Feb. So I’m happy to join in from March to the 3rd April. ❤💙

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 3
I have committed to yoga daily, doing the organised mum method and being 90% sober so if I cut anything else out I will go mad 🤣🤣
I was just asking my boyfriend what his 70 odd year old mum gives up for lent seeing as she doesn't drink, or have any other vices, and he said err she just gives up biscuits, cakes etc I think with her tea 😂 I was like what so that she has no joy in life whatsoever, bless her :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

• Haha
I was just asking my boyfriend what his 70 odd year old mum gives up for lent seeing as she doesn't drink, or have any other vices, and he said err she just gives up biscuits, cakes etc I think with her tea 😂 I was like what so that she has no joy in life whatsoever, bless her :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
My neighbours are like that. Our green ( bottles and cans) bin is always full, every fortnight me and my husband argue who takes it out to the front. The lid won’t shut...the cans scatter 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️. And there she is, fresh as a daisy after her 10k run with a bottle of J2O poking out of her bin. Really pushed the boundaries that is...🤣

• Haha
You should definitely give it try. The longest I’ve gone without was 58 days, after 35 ive stopped counting, as well as lost my personality and turned into boring old fart 😂. My BDay is at the end of Feb. So I’m happy to join in from March to the 3rd April. ❤💙
Wow, go you! The longest I've managed is 6 weeks and that was 2015! I like the idea of getting to April and the (possibility of :ROFLMAO:) better weather and feeling fresh and well... full of the joys of Spring! 😂 No birthdays for us apart from my step mum's in March but it's not like we'll be able to do anything for it anyway. It was funny, my dad was working away last year so I ended up taking her out on her birthday, it was a week or so before lockdown happened and the local town was nowhere near as busy as usual and we were both like 'ah this is stupid it'll all be back to normal in a couple of weeks' that feels like a different world now!!!

My neighbours are like that. Our green ( bottles and cans) bin is always full, every fortnight me and my husband argue who takes it out to the front. The lid won’t shut...the cans scatter 🤦🏻‍♀️🤦🏻‍♀️. And there she is, fresh as a daisy after her 10k run with a bottle of J2O poking out of her bin. Really pushed the boundaries that is...🤣
Oh god ours is shocking. It never gets fully emptied as we have an 'overflow' box which we have to decant into the newly emptied wheelie bin. I don't think any of our elderly neighbours drink, theirs just appears to be marmalade jars and mushy pea cans 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 3
I’m tempted for Lent, but I’m wondering if I’ve found it easier because there’s no reason to drink? Like as soon as things start opening up and I can start seeing people will I just want to give up? But then it’s only an extra month on Dry Feb. Hmmm.

I’m tempted for Lent, but I’m wondering if I’ve found it easier because there’s no reason to drink? Like as soon as things start opening up and I can start seeing people will I just want to give up? But then it’s only an extra month on Dry Feb. Hmmm.
Same.
I think I’m going to try be drink free until whenever it may be that we can go back out and mingle. But not go too crazy, thinking now the fact I’ve gone near 2 month with no booze & its not really upset or bothered me really I should reign it in when the time comes to going out drinking.

Like actually enjoy what I’m drinking not just chucking it back and getting blotto for the fun of it. Got me thinking of all the concerts I went to and got tit faced and couldn’t even remember most of it sits sad and a little shameful with me now we can’t go to them - hopefully we can whenever it’s ‘covid safe’ if that even is a thing!!

Have decided to do my best to give up booze for Lent. I’m giving up chocolate too because like others have said I just replace the vice. I’ll have to find a new one, might start smoking again. Joking 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Think il join you in the alcohol free lent. I’m also giving up Instagram haha. I enjoyed the 2 glasses of wine I had on Monday but happy to get back on the sober train until Easter.

• Heart
Think il join you in the alcohol free lent. I’m also giving up Instagram haha. I enjoyed the 2 glasses of wine I had on Monday but happy to get back on the sober train until Easter.
I gave up Instagram last March and it’s wonderful!! Gave up FaceBook too a couple of years back 💜

I’m going to join the lent free alcohol team too!

• Heart