Dry February 2021

New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I noticed that M&S do alcohol free wines yesterday, red white and rose. When I looked it said the alcohol is pressed out of them, so they still have the same taste.

I did dry Jan and then at the end found out I was pregnant so it’ll be a dry 9 months for me 😂 I’ve got some Nosecco for Valentine’s Day though and might give the M&S wine a try at some point.
Congratulations!

Reactions: 4
My wife and I managed to get through January and both lost 8lbs each so we are going to try and get through February booze free too. Friday might be a problem as it’s my birthday.
That’s brilliant, well done! my husban‘s birthday is next week and at the end of Feb is mine, I might relapse on those days.

I noticed that M&S do alcohol free wines yesterday, red white and rose. When I looked it said the alcohol is pressed out of them, so they still have the same taste.

I did dry Jan and then at the end found out I was pregnant so it’ll be a dry 9 months for me 😂 I’ve got some Nosecco for Valentine’s Day though and might give the M&S wine a try at some point.
Congratulations on your excellent news x

Reactions: 2
How is everyone getting on? I feel like I’m really into the swing of not drinking now. This weekend will be interesting as Friday nights are always my weak point and this’ll be the first one without the achievement of dry Jan linked to it

• Heart
Reactions: 6
How is everyone getting on? I feel like I’m really into the swing of not drinking now. This weekend will be interesting as Friday nights are always my weak point and this’ll be the first one without the achievement of dry Jan linked to it
I’ve forgotten all about it, it’s much easier now than last year’s Jan-Feb. I don’t have any social life ( like the rest of us 😞), so it doesn’t bother me. But overeating does. I need to get a grip on this toxic boredom choc eating, full stop. Once everything’s over I want to emerge like a beautiful butterfly, not like obese larvae! 🤣

I’ve gotten used to the not drinking now but with nothing to celebrate I think its been much easier. I also have been eating more though through boredom so not losing weight. One thing at a time, maybe I’ll give up choc for lent 😂

I have completely lost any need for alcohol. Weirdly! I enjoyed some champers at New Years and then tried to have some wine since and I had a couple of sips and hated it! What has happened to me!? Haha.

I haven’t been a massive drinker for the past couple of years and had my last big binge in November 2019 but my hangover was so bad and I ended up with a UTI also which made it one hundred times worse.

so I’m planning on not drinking for February. My mental health is so much better for not drinking also. Oh and of course I there is the money side of it too. Now if I could just give up the smoking I would be minted! 😆

• Heart
Reactions: 5
I’m at the point where I do want a drink but what for? I don’t actually get any pleasure from it. I’m a big gal, but after two I always feel drunk and, I know it’s a depressant so this may sound silly, it literally makes me upset like I can listen to a song and want to cry and brings up suppressed emotions from past trauma. It’s my sisters birthday so I know she’ll buy in some fizz,

So why the fook do I want a drink?! Like I’ve stated I had two days at beginning of Jan where I had a drink and haven’t since.

and it’s bloody expensive anyway for people
Like me who are right arses 🤣

i think I’m gonna enjoy a takeaway instead you know.If I’m gonna gain weight it may As well be from tasty beige foods Something that fills my gut rather than a liquid which makes me feel like utter shite for two days after.

just weird how the mind makes you crave something!

• Heart
Reactions: 8
I’m at the point where I do want a drink but what for? I don’t actually get any pleasure from it. I’m a big gal, but after two I always feel drunk and, I know it’s a depressant so this may sound silly, it literally makes me upset like I can listen to a song and want to cry and brings up suppressed emotions from past trauma. It’s my sisters birthday so I know she’ll buy in some fizz,

So why the fook do I want a drink?! Like I’ve stated I had two days at beginning of Jan where I had a drink and haven’t since.

i think I’m gonna enjoy a takeaway instead you know.If I’m gonna gain weight it may As well be from tasty beige foods Something that fills my gut rather than a liquid which makes me feel like utter shite for two days after.

mots just weird How the mind makes you crave something!
that‘s exactly me. I always always get upset, emotional and always start listening to some sad songs reminding me times from the past. Or worse, I start texting. So embarrassing! 🤦🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 1

just weird how the mind makes you crave something!
drinking definitely messes with my mental health and my anxiety goes through the roof. I have quite bad anxiety anyway but alcohol will see me unable to sit still, jumpy and emotional too. So I really don’t miss it and I’m glad because for a while I would binge and get so disastrously drunk and wake up and do it all again as a destructive coping mechanism I guess.

• Heart
I bought one of those tiny bottles of wine last week for a risotto and obviously didnt drink it so last night I had the rest with dinner which was prob about 100ml as a spritzer in a tiny glass...tasted so good but I fell asleep on the sofa at 6:30 🤣🤣

Not even sure I may drink this weekend. We'll see.

• Heart
Reactions: 2
I actually ended up having a drink yesterday, I had two beers (bottles of Brew Dog) then stopped when I had dinner at 6.30! This is a huge achievement for me as I am not a two beers kinda gal 😂 still woke up in the night for an hour or so at 3am though, annoying considering I didn’t have a lot, without the pounding heart though which is good.

Agree about alcohol sending you down a path of depression. I haven’t actually been there in ages but I’ll put songs on I get emotional to and go all quiet and basically ruin the evening for my boyfriend! Or worse, very rarely but I will look up my ex on social media. We had a messy break up (he left me for someone else) and it is in fact her account I have to find as he doesn’t have SM. It is ridiculous as we would have broken up anyway without her involvement and I am a million times happier with my boyfriend now than I ever was with him but it was traumatic and I think sometimes when I’m drinking and feeling down it’s like I’ll go out of my way to make myself even more upset! Even as I’m doing it I’ll be like stop it you idiot 🤦‍♀️

• Heart
I’m really not feeling alcohol at the mo, which is lovely! I thought I’d miss it more. I’m still holding out for a glass of champers when my house move is sorted, but it feels a bit...pointless? I could have a Nosecco instead 😂
I’m quite sober curious though, I’ve felt so much better in myself over the last few weeks (coupled with daily exercise, plenty of water etc) and I just don’t know if I need to add alcohol back in to the mix 🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: 7
I actually ended up having a drink yesterday, I had two beers (bottles of Brew Dog) then stopped when I had dinner at 6.30! This is a huge achievement for me as I am not a two beers kinda gal 😂 still woke up in the night for an hour or so at 3am though, annoying considering I didn’t have a lot, without the pounding heart though which is good.

Agree about alcohol sending you down a path of depression. I haven’t actually been there in ages but I’ll put songs on I get emotional to and go all quiet and basically ruin the evening for my boyfriend! Or worse, very rarely but I will look up my ex on social media. We had a messy break up (he left me for someone else) and it is in fact her account I have to find as he doesn’t have SM. It is ridiculous as we would have broken up anyway without her involvement and I am a million times happier with my boyfriend now than I ever was with him but it was traumatic and I think sometimes when I’m drinking and feeling down it’s like I’ll go out of my way to make myself even more upset! Even as I’m doing it I’ll be like stop it you idiot 🤦‍♀️
That’s exactly me! ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 1
I’m really not feeling alcohol at the mo, which is lovely! I thought I’d miss it more. I’m still holding out for a glass of champers when my house move is sorted, but it feels a bit...pointless? I could have a Nosecco instead 😂
This is 100% where I am at. I have an exam tomorrow that I have been studying for for months to try to get into a college course. If this was last year I would have bottles (note the plural) of prosecco ready to go for when the exam is done. Celebration of no more studying. But after doing dry jan I'm kind of meh 😐 about the alcohol. Maybe nosecco is the future 🥂

@SpiceWeasel snap! 2 beers and dinner then done! Couldn’t believe it 😂 might have a couple tomorrow then that’ll be it. This is massive progress. I had a drink last Saturday and before that it was nye. I’m really loving how much clearer and positive I am without constant nights of drinking 🙌

• Heart
This is 100% where I am at. I have an exam tomorrow that I have been studying for for months to try to get into a college course. If this was last year I would have bottles (note the plural) of prosecco ready to go for when the exam is done. Celebration of no more studying. But after doing dry jan I'm kind of meh 😐 about the alcohol. Maybe nosecco is the future 🥂
GOOD LUCK IN YOUR EXAM!!!

• Heart
Had my first drink of 2021 last night, well 3 large vodkas. Felt drunk after 2 whereas I’d have been polishing off way more on a session before. Definitely going to cut back and try and not drink every weekend.

One thing I did love was that I slept like a log. Asleep as my head hit the pillow and woke up just before my alarm feeling refreshed. I know loads of people feel differently but drink sleep is great for me. The month or so off it has seen me lying in bed for ages trying to sleep with all sorts whirling round my brain.

Reactions: 3
My booze intake for January fell considerably. But that wasn't because of self-determination, but because when I was in South Africa during most of that period, alcohol was banned by the government. So my access to it was severely reduced. However, on my return to England last weekend I did up my intake, purely out of great need.

All things being equal I will make a far more determined effort to go dry(ish) for February. Won't be perfect, but even a small reduction is better than no reduction at all.
Only 5 days into February, and I think I'm doing relatively well all things considered.

Being an alcoholic I normally drink 2 bottles of Jacobs Creek wine more or less every day! But this month I have been really trying to cut my intake, and now I'm down to just 1 bottle!

Still a long way to go this month, and I know I will falter along the way from time to time. But I keep a note of my intake on my wall calendar, and it does give me a positive vibe when I see the number "1" (for 1 bottle) against a given date, rather than "2"

I doubt I will ever get through a completely dry month, but this thread certainly gives me impetus to at least make the majority of days in a given month as dry rather than wet. So for example, come the 31 days in March it would be a big win for me if the majority of those days were dry days rather than the other way round.

Here's to trying (y)

• Heart
Reactions: 11