Drag Race UK

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Tayce did the neck thing where she moves like a chicken and I lost it. So funny. And she also threw in liking a foxy moron which made me giggle too.

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Tayce didn’t even say “look at me, Look at me, look at me” or “it’s nice, different, unusual” which are the 2 things I think of when I think of kath.
They would have been so easy to incorporate. It may have been edited out but she didn’t do well from what they showed us
Yes that’s what was Disappointing because clearly there was a lot of good material being said and done but we the viewers just didn’t get to see it.

Shocking!!!

I was disappointed with it tbh simply because they literally didn’t show us a fraction of what went on.

Reactions: 4
Miriam margolyes is hilarious but it was definitely the wrong character for Snatch Game. Lawrence should have done Nicola Sturgeon. Topical and could have been very funny.

Reactions: 18
I'd quite like to see an unedited snatch game. I watched Lawrence's newest YouTube video earlier and he said filming takes 1.5 hours or so and then it's obviously all edited down into around 10 minutes.

It did make me laugh. I do find Lawrence funny and she is definitely talented but there is a sense of dishing it out and can't take it. I also think the fact that a few times we've seen queens basically tell her to STFU, there's other things going on that doesn't get aired - I think Lawrence is getting a favourable edit.
Yeah what's going on there? Lawrence was probably swanning around a bit after winning three challenges and you can feel some of the others rolling their eyes at him.

Part of me wants to watch the whole 1.5 hours of unedited snatch game, but the other part of me won’t cope with it lmao.
I could barely cope with ten minutes of Ru asking “what’s a bellend” etc every 2 minutes and Tia bringing up Eddie Murphy for every answer
But It would be interesting to see how they’ve all been edited, Lawrence is clearly the favourite this year but no edit was ever going to save that performance

Reactions: 13
Joe Black was briefly in Rob and Romesh vs Drag last night, looks like it was filmed around the same time as this series as Michelle has that weird silver chunk at the front of her hair/wig

Reactions: 3
She’s so shite. Did she copy another outfit too? Her runway look was way too similar to LC! Xx
Looks like the same fabric but it's a different dress. It's pretty much the first result when you google "tiger print fabric" 😂

Reactions: 1
Does anyone know who storms off and refuses to do a lip sync that was posted in the papers ? Apparently they said they didn’t know if it was going to be aired or not

• Wow
Does anyone know who storms off and refuses to do a lip sync that was posted in the papers ? Apparently they said they didn’t know if it was going to be aired or not
Assumed it was Ginny. Surely 2 of them didn’t?

Reactions: 6
I criiiiiiiinged remembering Lawrence saying that Ellie Diamond wasn't naturally funny in anticipation of the Snatch Game knowing how it turned out.
Yeah, that was downright nasty - “you’re not funny, how are you going to be funny?!” Seemed like Lawrence was trying to assert his dominance as the #1 Scottish queen and there was no need for it. Save it for the confessionals, don’t say it to someone’s face.

And in other news, Bianca is doing a podcast. Hope it’s good!

Attachments

Reactions: 10
Agree with some of the comments already said about Tia being sabotaged by Ru making her do Mel B. Part of me wonders if Ru has seen Bo Selecta? Because like Alan Carr said in his critique, Mel B has already been done in a very extra way by Leigh Francis so I feel like Tia’s impression was always going to seem flat in comparison. I loved Tia’s ramshackle drag but I think it was the right decision this week unfortunately :(

Bimini absolutely smashed it this week, they had Katie’s mannerisms and cadence down to a T! And I loved their out of the box runway look!

Lawrence is really getting on my tits now. She’s fine until she doesn’t get her way and then the tears start. I feel like Ru was still very kind to her this week and if she’d been one of the other queens, Ru would’ve gone to town on the critique more!

Reactions: 8
I've finally grunka'd made my way through this series of drag race and thread and can comment without fear of spoilers!

As a general view, I'm loving this season and the UK drag race overall. It's fresh, feels authentic, I love most of the contestants, it makes me laugh and I love Alan and Graham. I've lost my love for the US series really, it feels too formulaic at this point, like we've seen it all before and increasingly it seems that the way to win it is to spend a load of money on getting outfits designed prior to the competition starting. I have found some of the judging a bit off this UK season though, especially from Ru and Michelle - maybe this week was Tia's time to go but she's been underrated in previous weeks I think, especially the monster mash week; whereas Ellie has had a couple of outfits which I really didn't like at all and she's coasted through on not very much. And Sister sister is still there despite having no likeable qualities at all! It's clear that being bad at drag race is not at all the same as being a bad drag queen - I'd definitely pay to see a Joe Black show, but I wouldn't for Ellie Diamond or Sister Sister.

This week - a disappointing Snatch Game really, if Tayce was so funny why didn't we see it; glad to see Bimini get the credit she deserves though, I underestimated her at the beginning but definitely backing her now. I miss Veronica's energy and although I like Lawrence, starting to see the cracks showing through. Doing TV characters is only funny if you add your own creative spin on them a la Ben de la Creme as Dowager Countess IMO. I loved Tia for her natural, warm humour, so I'll miss her. Start a podcast Tia!

Reactions: 14
I just remembered as well Michelle had to keep telling Ru what all the UK slang meant and I was like sorry what? Since when are you English :ROFLMAO: not saying American’s can’t understand our slang words but it was just strange he kept coming to Michelle for a translation.

Reactions: 2
I just remembered as well Michelle had to keep telling Ru what all the UK slang meant and I was like sorry what? Since when are you English :ROFLMAO: not saying American’s can’t understand our slang words but it was just strange he kept coming to Michelle for a translation.
I think Michelle spends quite a bit of time here or has done in recent years. It is still a bit jarring when she comes out with our slang though lol

Gemma Collins was so uncomfortably not herself, don’t know why she was trying to put a well spoken voice on, it’s just not the GC at all. Weirdly reserved.
Liked the Jordan and Vicky Pollard impersonations however ultimately I feel the whole snatch game was really awkward and uncomfortable, literally just wanted it to end.
Loved Bimini and Tayce’s runway looks, A’Whora’s was creative also.

HATED Lawrence Chaney’s runway look I thought it was so basic!

Tia Kofi brought nothing to the episode- I get that it’s difficult to change your impersonation last minute however this is a competition and you have to go all out with full force and be in it to win it otherwise you get left behind.

At first I thought it was endearing to see them all opening up when tears were shed, however towards the end I felt they all either let their emotions get to them too much or they just wanted airtime...

Reactions: 5
I had never watched Drag race UK (or US ) till 3 days ago... Isolating/ off work with long covid... Now in a Drag race worm hole!!! Now watching season 1 ... Part way through episode 2!! the random online pages good for back ground info!! Can't tell whose gonna win!! Liking Bimini but Ellie growing on me too

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.