Drag Race UK

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I just remembered as well Michelle had to keep telling Ru what all the UK slang meant and I was like sorry what? Since when are you English :ROFLMAO: not saying American’s can’t understand our slang words but it was just strange he kept coming to Michelle for a translation.
Funniest bit for me was Ru pretending to know who people like Louis Spence are, having clearly just had a crash course by the producers!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Did anyone watch Ru’s Netflix drama? Was desperate for something to watch and I’d like the time back.

• Haha
Reactions: 5
Now on ep4 in series one uk.. Is it me or do they seem a bit nicer and less nastily bitchy , more chatty friendlier than series 2?? ...🤷

Reactions: 1
Did anyone watch Ru’s Netflix drama? Was desperate for something to watch and I’d like the time back.
If it’s the show called AJ and the queen, there’s a duo on YouTube called moviebitches that review drag race, cult classic movies, etc and they reviewed AJ and the queen if you’d rather watch that instead haha! It’s like an hour long though so maybe better off reading a review online! also apologies if everyone knows of moviebitches and I look like I’m mansplaining them 😂 I’m the only person I know who really likes drag race etc so I don’t know how wide their reach is haha

Reactions: 5
I hate the snatch game, it's always my least favourite episode. There's been a few exceptions where I've enjoyed individuals (Baga's Maggie Thatcher, The Vivienne's Trump, Bianca Del Rio's Judge Judy and Lemon's Jo Jo Siwa) but overall I struggle to find it funny.

Bimini was by far the best, was really surprised they didn't praise A'Whora as she was spot on, I only know vaguely Tayce's character but seemed decent and she got some good lines in, Ellie was OK....could definitely have been more Vicki Pollard but did a OK job. As usual, Sister Sister is forgettable. Tia though, oh dear...so awkward. Then Lawrence....wtf was that? When he wasn't sounding Scottish he sounded nothing like her and just fell completely flat.

I need the tears to stop....I can't take it any more. Lawrence seems to spend more time greeting than anything else and her runway outfits are always the same bloody shape. Why is she never critiqued for that? It just feels like they're setting her up to win, exactly the same as with The Vivienne.

It was Tia's time to go, I loved her personality but her drag was a bit crap.

Reactions: 11
If it’s the show called AJ and the queen, there’s a duo on YouTube called moviebitches that review drag race, cult classic movies, etc and they reviewed AJ and the queen if you’d rather watch that instead haha! It’s like an hour long though so maybe better off reading a review online! also apologies if everyone knows of moviebitches and I look like I’m mansplaining them 😂 I’m the only person I know who really likes drag race etc so I don’t know how wide their reach is haha
LOVE MovieBitches their knowledge of old campy cinema is just unparalleled, even when I dont have a clue what they are referencing I die laughing!!

Reactions: 2
Oh no I didn’t know of it, I’ll check out. Ta!

Reactions: 1
Just saw this and do feel bad for her :(
Although I think it is her time to go next week. My faves are:
Bimini (has to win)
A’whora
Tayce

I’m worried Lawrence is going to win though and I’ll be really pissed off if so!
Yeah I saw that this morning too. I'm not sure if the comments are going beyond "sister should have gone home by now", which having seen abuse some other Queens have received in the past wouldn't be shocking. It's so unnecessary to go directly to the person and tell them you think they're too crap to be in the competition. Other avenues to express these opinions do exist without directly exposing the Queen in question to it!

Reactions: 10
I forgot to post after last weeks episodes so just here to share my feelings on this week (but first let me say that that episode was amazing, i loved united kingdolls and have been singing it every day since 😂) and let me share how sad I am that Veronica couldn’t come back ☹

this week: the right person went though I am gutted to see Tia go.
How was Sister Sister safe and Awhora wasn’t ??? I thought she was great, I loved it.
Bimini was utterly brilliant and I can’t believe I wasn’t keen on her in the first episode cos I absolutely adored her from episode 2 onwards. Her Katie Price had me crying.
I loved Tayce too! She was spot on!

Ps. Gemma Collins has defo never watched a single second of Drag Race - if she had then I think she would’ve been quite funny on it

Reactions: 13
I didn't think Awhora's performance was that bad , either. Her runway was spectacular.

Yeah I saw that this morning too. I'm not sure if the comments are going beyond "sister should have gone home by now", which having seen abuse some other Queens have received in the past wouldn't be shocking. It's so unnecessary to go directly to the person and tell them you think they're too crap to be in the competition. Other avenues to express these opinions do exist without directly exposing the Queen in question to it!
Agreed, I would never post anything on a queen's social media and even going further than that, some people actually think they have a right to DM them, or any celebrity.

Reactions: 6
I think she deleted a lot of them from Insta because it probably encourages other people to be nasty. They were mostly about her apparently stealing looks from everyone under the sun and saying she's talentless etc, but she wouldn't be on the show if she was that bad. Joe Black's tweet sums it up quite well I think.

Attachments

Reactions: 6
Slightly off topic but I had to roll my eyes when I saw a reply to Sisters tweet from a former bake off contestant saying how he understood because he had been a victim of trolls. This guy called me a troll on twitter because I’d tweeted that I thought he should have been eliminated. I hadn’t @d him. I hadn’t used a hashtag. I hadn’t said anything abusive or hateful. He’d vanity searched his name and ‘bake off’ and then decided to reply to everyone who said anything critical.

Reactions: 14
It must be very unpleasant, but is what the average online negative commenter says any worse than a bitchy confessional from a cast mate?
In my head I hear Raven's voice at Tatianna "her look was tit, her makeup was tit, her something else was tit, she's tit, she needs to go home"

Surely the team at the beeb could help them set up a filter so that they don't have to see the worst tweets?
search: '[celeb] -[negative terms]* -should * eliminated/gone home'

Last edited:
Reactions: 3
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.